Establish partnerships with:

Foxconn and Xiaomi?

Or new owner of the rights of Nokia?

Huawei> and its global reach?

HTC?

The global market needs a new system, it would rule US (American market is aggressive with google and Apple.) .
    ( OS aimed at markets such as Europe, Oceania, India + China and Latin America. serving as a showcase for their services.)

Or rather not ?
    Last edited by rapres; 06-23-16 at 08:43 AM.
    06-23-16 08:19 AM
    Why?

BB10 killed BlackBerry's hardware business, and it's too costly for BlackBerry to continue development for?

What would any other OEM get from BB10, it's not like Android or Windows cost them all that much?
    06-23-16 08:23 AM
    Didn't they already try this way before Chen's reign? No takers, if I remember correctly.

*ME173X
    06-23-16 08:27 AM
    The cell phone market does not want BB10, sorry.
    06-23-16 08:31 AM
    Heins tried to do it – nobody was interested. No signs this will ever change.
    06-23-16 08:35 AM
    Wrong strategy in 2010 with good prices, competitive marketing team. the OS is fantastic, but lost a magic that only had Apple .
    06-23-16 08:51 AM
    Didn't they already try this way before Chen's reign? No takers, if I remember correctly.

*ME173X
    No OEM wanted it for much the same reason as no consumer wanted it.
    Carjackd likes this.
    06-23-16 09:09 AM
    It's hard to believe that out of all the other mobile phone makers in the world, not a single one of them was interested in paying for the opportunity to use the same OS that got BlackBerry to where they are today.
    06-23-16 09:09 AM
    It's hard to believe that out of all the other mobile phone makers in the world, not a single one of them was interested in paying for the opportunity to use the same OS that got BlackBerry to where they are today.
    It's as if BB10 isn't the cure for cancer some "think" it is.
    JeepBB and TGR1 like this.
    06-23-16 09:15 AM
    NOT AGAIN!!!!

Passport SE, "The BlockBerry" - Cricket Wireless
    06-23-16 09:29 AM

Foxconn and Xiaomi?

HTC?

The global market needs a new system, it would rule US (American market is aggressive with google and Apple.) .
    ( OS aimed at markets such as Europe, Oceania, India + China and Latin America. serving as a showcase for their services.)

Or rather not ?
    Those companies most like would "RATHER NOT" lose money on BB10 the way BlackBerry has.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-23-16 01:37 PM
    Sounds good. Who is going to do the dev work to update the OS. Most of the BB10 team was let go. Also, where are the drivers for the new hardware going to come from?

Biggest question why would they want to OEM an OS with no 3rd party developers?
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-24-16 02:42 AM
    Sounds good. Who is going to do the dev work to update the OS. Most of the BB10 team was let go. Also, where are the drivers for the new hardware going to come from?

Biggest question why would they want to OEM an OS with no 3rd party developers?
    That's the ticket right there. It's not that the OS killed BlackBerry like someone said, it's that BlackBerry killed BlackBerry with poor marketing and support for their Dev's. No one wants to license an OS that has lost all support after being signaled that their OS is Being buried in a time capsule to may never be seen again.

Shame really, I wish BlackBerry had the funds and the right person to market it by rallying the troops in and making a stand.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-16 05:07 AM
    He has a point, BlackBerry will continue with BlackBerry 10 in order to provide high level security device for government and enterprise. If I wanted a premium device like a Samsung note, why not have the option to BlackBerry it?

Z10
    06-24-16 06:26 AM
    He has a point, BlackBerry will continue with BlackBerry 10 in order to provide high level security device for government and enterprise. If I wanted a premium device like a Samsung note, why not have the option to BlackBerry it?

Z10
    The only powerful politician support was the President of U.S.A... Now we lost his support either.. Now he has a Galaxy S4. So whom do mention here as a government.?

Posted via My Lovely Z30
    06-24-16 07:19 AM

Z10
    Continue in what way?

Do you think that $40 Million hardware (and other) write off didn't have anything to do with BB10?
    Do you think BlackBerry is still producing and selling Passports for $300 and making a profit?

What niche do you think these two Android BlackBerry are going to sell too?

I understand that many BB10 users might want the option to install BB10 on great hardware that other OEMs put out. That doesn't mean that it would be financially supportable or even meet exist contractual regulations. (As in not forked Android )

No the last three years have proven to just about everyone... an OS needs and ecosystem to be a platform. And a company needs millions in sales to justify staying in business.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-24-16 03:28 PM
    The sarcasm is strong with this one.
    06-24-16 04:00 PM
    06-24-16 04:44 PM

Foxconn and Xiaomi?

HTC?

Or rather not ?
    Chen did state in the last conference call that he was already exploring licensing out their software. Some parties have shown interest, nothing has developed yet.
    06-24-16 04:50 PM
    Chen did state in the last conference call that he was already exploring licensing out their software. Some parties have shown interest, nothing has developed yet.
    Given the current state of animosity between the Western world and the Chinese government, I doubt Xiaomi and Huawei would be given licences for security and technology reasons.
    06-24-16 07:42 PM
    That's the ticket right there. It's not that the OS killed BlackBerry like someone said, it's that BlackBerry killed BlackBerry with poor marketing and support for their Dev's. No one wants to license an OS that has lost all support after being signaled that their OS is Being buried in a time capsule to may never be seen again.

Shame really, I wish BlackBerry had the funds and the right person to market it by rallying the troops in and making a stand.

Posted via CB10
    They did try and license BB10 in 2013. It had more support back then and a big dev team working on the OS.
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-24-16 09:09 PM
    He was mostly talking about individual apps and/or features (the hub, DTEK, etc.) rather than BB10, which no one is interested in except a few die-hards here on CB. If BB couldn't make BB10 work, how could anyone else, when they'd have to bear all the same costs PLUS a licensing agreement?
    JeepBB likes this.
    06-24-16 10:05 PM
    They should open source the graphic system. I know they can't open all the OS, but the UI environment is what made most of the experience: the navigation with the hub at the left, the integrated file explorer with cloud storage options (dropbox, one drive, etc).

Like the Desktop environment in Linux.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-24-16 10:16 PM
    They should open source the graphic system. I know they can't open all the OS, but the UI environment is what made most of the experience: the navigation with the hub at the left, the integrated file explorer with cloud storage options (dropbox, one drive, etc).

Like the Desktop environment in Linux.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    It'd be more a curiosity than a foundation, unless the community gets it off of Qt4.
    06-24-16 10:23 PM
    British PM.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 03:35 AM
32 12