even (it seems) the mods are sarcastic
    Hey, I have a very serious pay job, and make sure to have fun. I'll be damned if I can't have fun while doing my volunteer job.
    DrBoomBotz, jmr1015 and xandros9 like this.
    04-08-17 08:50 PM
    Absolutely agree, even (it seems) the mods are sarcastic. What is it with people needing to slap a fellow crackberrian down?
    No one is trying to do that - but they ARE tired of people making crazy, impossible suggestions or saying that "BB should do this" followed by some suggestion that BB should invest billions more dollars so that they can buy another inexpensive BB10 phone.

If you want to say what you liked about BB10, that's fine. If you lament its passing, that's fine. If you wish BB had done something different, fine.

But when you invent stuff out of thin air despite tons of evidence to the contrary, or when you suggest that BB should do, or should have done, something that would have bankrupted them, or when you suggest that BB should or is going to "reinvest in BB10 with profits from other lines of business" or that some third-party company should invest a bunch of money in BB10 (despite the massive losses BB took on it) just because it would be good for BB - well, all that does is stir up people. It creates false hope that results in fake rumors spreading and a lot of people getting upset when they discover that none of it is true.

So, expect folks here to bring people back to reality very quickly. And if those people insist that their unrealistic fantasies are not only possible, but OWED TO THEM, then, yeah, sometimes they might get a bit of "virtual" rough treatment to try to get them to open their eyes and see reality for what it is.

Ultimately, it's far worse for the forums as a whole, and for CB's reputation, to let falsehoods and false hope run rampant, because then the whole world will dismiss everyone here as being lunatics lost in their own fantasy world. If a couple of folks with the most extreme positions get their feelings a bit hurt in the process, well, the end result - a useful, respectable forum where reality is acknowledged - is worth that price.
    BigBadWulf, Uzi, jmr1015 and 2 others like this.
    04-08-17 09:03 PM
    No you must not have been here long enough. The lack of Lithuanian language support is the reason BB10 failed.
    bb phones are pretty popular in places like india and Africa. So not sure if serious.
    04-08-17 09:05 PM
    Yes, you clearly did. The thread is a discussion of charity from the
    CrackBerry community, taking over BB10 development. You stated we are overflowing with civility and charity. I'm assuming your check to Kevin is on it's way.

I recommend a monthly auto-payment, or you'll be spending a lot in stamps, before the next upgrade is released.
    Oh god no, bb10 is dead, and I wouldn't pay a dime for its continuation.
    04-08-17 09:06 PM
    You're not alone, I loved BlackBerry maps too! I thought their traffic function worked much better than google as well.

This also makes me wish they brought the bb10 music player over to android
    Well, I would pay for it, IF I went to android. Both of those apps actually. A lot of music players on android are kinda crud.
    04-08-17 09:08 PM
    No one is trying to do that - but they ARE tired of people making crazy, impossible suggestions or saying that "BB should do this" followed by some suggestion that BB should invest billions more dollars so that they can buy another inexpensive BB10 phone.

If you want to say what you liked about BB10, that's fine. If you lament its passing, that's fine. If you wish BB had done something different, fine.

But when you invent stuff out of thin air despite tons of evidence to the contrary, or when you suggest that BB should do, or should have done, something that would have bankrupted them, or when you suggest that BB should or is going to "reinvest in BB10 with profits from other lines of business" or that some third-party company should invest a bunch of money in BB10 (despite the massive losses BB took on it) just because it would be good for BB - well, all that does is stir up people. It creates false hope that results in fake rumors spreading and a lot of people getting upset when they discover that none of it is true.

So, expect folks here to bring people back to reality very quickly. And if those people insist that their unrealistic fantasies are not only possible, but OWED TO THEM, then, yeah, sometimes they might get a bit of "virtual" rough treatment to try to get them to open their eyes and see reality for what it is.

Ultimately, it's far worse for the forums as a whole, and for CB's reputation, to let falsehoods and false hope run rampant, because then the whole world will dismiss everyone here as being lunatics lost in their own fantasy world. If a couple of folks with the most extreme positions get their feelings a bit hurt in the process, well, the end result - a useful, respectable forum where reality is acknowledged - is worth that price.
    So you're giving up your seat on the train

04-08-17 09:13 PM
    Absolutely agree, even (it seems) the mods are sarcastic. What is it with people needing to slap a fellow crackberrian down?

Posted via CB10
    There's a wide variety of types of etiquette and social standards across the web. Some places are more civil than others. Behaviour is contagious, in terms of social mores. Bad behaviour is usually reflective of a persons inner life.

But it does seem odd, people come here often full of hopeful enthusiasm. Maybe not always grounded in reality, but positive passion. And usually those people are treated like ducks in a shooting gallery. The subject of open group mockery.

Personally, that's not how I treat people who are passionate but misinformed.
    elfabio80 and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    04-08-17 09:15 PM
    It's a long-established Internet etiquette that you should read before you post. Folks who followed that rule would quickly learn why their ideas are impractical - but then, the types of people who come up with such ideas usually aren't interested in learning - they just want to share their own views and "be the smart one who has all the answers." Gentle corrections rarely dissuade them, and again, tends to rile everyone up. It's ultimately kinder to put those bad ideas out of their misery quickly than it is to drag them out for days or weeks.
    DrBoomBotz and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    04-09-17 12:25 AM
    bb phones are pretty popular in places like india and Africa. So not sure if serious.
    He's talking about a forum a few months ago where this poster went off on a huge rant that basically came down to bb10 failing because they didn't put Lithuanian language into their os
    04-09-17 12:27 AM
    It's a long-established Internet etiquette that you should read before you post. Folks who followed that rule would quickly learn why their ideas are impractical - but then, the types of people who come up with such ideas usually aren't interested in learning - they just want to share their own views and "be the smart one who has all the answers." Gentle corrections rarely dissuade them, and again, tends to rile everyone up. It's ultimately kinder to put those bad ideas out of their misery quickly than it is to drag them out for days or weeks.
    So you believe everyone in this thread, was not having a giggle, at the OP's expense, but instead trying to be kind and charitable, in a conscious effort to deliver a teachable moment?

If so, personally, I find that more a stretch of the imagination than the notion of crackberry being capable of supporting an operating system.
    Last edited by Drael646464; 04-09-17 at 01:01 AM.
    04-09-17 12:38 AM
    He's talking about a forum a few months ago where this poster went off on a huge rant that basically came down to bb10 failing because they didn't put Lithuanian language into their os
    I think I vaguely recall that. That was kinda weird hey? Not sure what was going on there.
    Last edited by Drael646464; 04-09-17 at 01:03 AM.
    04-09-17 12:41 AM
    It's understandable if people get annoyed with the same types of suggestions over time. But you don't have to comment if you don't have the patience to be polite, and explain. Typically impatient people make poor teachers and conveyors of information.

Do as you will of course, but everyone is new at things at some point in their lives, probably over and over. Pobody's nerfect.
    elfabio80 and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    04-09-17 01:00 AM
    Of course everyone is new at one point - but when you're new, the onus is on you to READ first, and to LEARN. It's not your job to show up to a community and spout off your "solutions" to problems you know very little about, especially when those topics have been covered again and again. To do that is arrogant and rude, and given that, CB goes fairly easy on those folks.
    Uzi, xandros9 and Thud Hardsmack like this.
    04-09-17 09:43 AM

The Lithuanian thing actually goes back years. It's all over CrackBerry's BB10 forums.

So you believe everyone in this thread, was not having a giggle, at the OP's expense, but instead trying to be kind and charitable, in a conscious effort to deliver a teachable moment?

If so, personally, I find that more a stretch of the imagination than the notion of crackberry being capable of supporting an operating system.
    The proposal is funny. The OP from their posts within, appears to understand this completely. They also have given no indication they take offense at the comments, and instead joined in on the fun. This place would be boring, if every post was serious.

Now, can we end the discussion of etiquette, and stop the back seat modding? This thread is about us taking over BB10 development, not .
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    04-09-17 09:47 AM
    Again Lithuanian language support is a long running joke on the forum. A poster several years ago started a long running thread about how the lack of Lithuanian language support was the reason BB10 was failing. Now when people joke about new features they bring up a dark hub and Lithuanian language support. All covered a lot on Troy's recent post.
    04-09-17 09:54 AM

So you are saying there is a chance?
    jmr1015 likes this.
    04-09-17 09:57 AM
    Again Lithuanian language support is a long running joke on the forum. A poster several years ago started a long running thread about how the lack of Lithuanian language support was the reason BB10 was failing. Now when people joke about new features they bring up a dark hub and Lithuanian language support. All covered a lot on Troy's recent post.
    Every new os drop!
    04-09-17 10:02 AM
    So you are saying there is a chance?
    04-09-17 10:08 AM
    I'll be the CTO and make sure that the Android Runtime won't include any Google components and that it's version never will go over V4.3. Also, I'll follow a strategy to hold of 3rd party developers from developing quality apps and I will promote activities to fill the new BlackBerry World store with enough City Map apps.
    Good security strategy. We don't want Google spyware on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 11:53 AM
    Good security strategy. We don't want Google spyware on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Have fun with Gary, Indiana City Guide for BlackBerry 10.
    howarmat and xandros9 like this.
    04-09-17 12:06 PM
    LOL
    04-09-17 01:48 PM
    Have fun with Gary, Indiana City Guide for BlackBerry 10.
    There's a thought! Let S4BB take over BB10 development!
    howarmat, BigBadWulf and xandros9 like this.
    04-09-17 06:23 PM
    It's understandable if people get annoyed with the same types of suggestions over time. But you don't have to comment if you don't have the patience to be polite, and explain. Typically impatient people make poor teachers and conveyors of information.

Do as you will of course, but everyone is new at things at some point in their lives, probably over and over. Pobody's nerfect.
    This means you're in charge of both Lithuanian support and dark hub. Thanks in advance from all of us at CB..

Posted via CB10
    04-09-17 10:31 PM
    This means you're in charge of both Lithuanian support and dark hub.
    Literally an impossible mission, thousands of BlackBerry employees fell in battle trying to develop those features.
    I'm sure that's why there's only a handful of bb10 developers left at BlackBerry. Chen just couldn't admit that that's the reason they had to abandon bb10.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-10-17 01:54 AM
    CB10! Let's Start?
    04-10-17 08:45 AM
109 ... 2345