This is a forum, overflowing with civility and charity.
    Which is Lithuania for "the check is in the mail". Right?
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    04-07-17 12:29 AM
    04-07-17 12:39 AM
    Can someone here start by porting the BB10 calculator to android? Thanks in advance!
    04-07-17 01:10 AM
    Which is Lithuania for "the check is in the mail". Right?
    I think I missed the joke :P You mean we should be grateful there are moderators? Well yes I am. I can't imagine the dark anarchy this place would be with that!

Rarely do bitter people realise they are bitter. They tend to say things like "I just don't take it seriously", "I'm just having a laugh" etc of their efforts to demean and belittle others, when that rarely matches their actual tone, which of course has undertones of darkness, anger, jelousy, insecurity and so on.

The self-awareness of the schoolyard bully, aye? It's a classic tale.

You have your work cut out for you!
    04-07-17 04:53 AM
    Can someone here start by porting the BB10 calculator to android? Thanks in advance!
    That triggered a thought in me...Am I the only one that prefers BB maps to google maps?

The navigation is smoother, its simple and to the point. Google maps seems laggy on many platforms.
    04-07-17 05:03 AM
    If there was an official Blackberry backed business who would take on the BB10 OS and keep it going I would be over the moon, but whether that was Crackberry or another startup business work how would they pay for it?

Blackberry arent going to help support a EOL OS (even if it is their own) when they are trying to push themselves back into / up the ladder of the mobile phone network, they need as many current BB10 users as possible to switch over to the new Android phones.

So maybe a subscription, I would maybe pay for this but with Blackberry's obsession with security are they really going to give an external business access to their OS coding, considering that it will still include several of the aspects they currently use in other apps, BBM, Hub etc.

Crackberry is an awesome blog site, its not biased always up to date and has several interesting addons like offers etc. Would they want the grief of dealing with customer complaints, dealing with carriers and the financial aspects and outlay for support / development / business analysis / accounts / human resources!

Dont get me wrong if someone (even Blackberry themselves) said that I could pay £20 a month as a subcription and they would continue to update the phone I would jump at the chance and would happily pay for it, even if it is just minor security changes and Android runtime updates, I wouldnt be that interested in new apps but it would be nice.

I just dont see it happening, I love BB10 OS but it is EOL... the real question for me is whether I stay loyal to BB who I have pretty much always used, or move on to another manufactuer, now that they are pure Android it will be interesting to see if they are able to compete with phones that have been Android for a long time.

Ed
    Drael646464 likes this.
    04-07-17 05:09 AM

Crackberry is an awesome blog site, its not biased
    See thurask's post for a response to this: /blackberry-10-os-f269/blackberry-should-let-crackberry-fully-handle-update-os-developer-1104652/index3.html#post12829634
    04-07-17 06:21 AM
    I think I missed the joke You mean we should be grateful there are moderators? Well yes I am. I can't imagine the dark anarchy this place would be with that!

Rarely do bitter people realise they are bitter. They tend to say things like "I just don't take it seriously", "I'm just having a laugh" etc of their efforts to demean and belittle others, when that rarely matches their actual tone, which of course has undertones of darkness, anger, jelousy, insecurity and so on.

The self-awareness of the schoolyard bully, aye? It's a classic tale.

You have your work cut out for you!
    No you must not have been here long enough. The lack of Lithuanian language support is the reason BB10 failed.
    04-07-17 06:32 AM
    If there was an official Blackberry backed business who would take on the BB10 OS and keep it going I would be over the moon, but whether that was Crackberry or another startup business work how would they pay for it?

Blackberry arent going to help support a EOL OS (even if it is their own) when they are trying to push themselves back into / up the ladder of the mobile phone network, they need as many current BB10 users as possible to switch over to the new Android phones.

So maybe a subscription, I would maybe pay for this but with Blackberry's obsession with security are they really going to give an external business access to their OS coding, considering that it will still include several of the aspects they currently use in other apps, BBM, Hub etc.

Crackberry is an awesome blog site, its not biased always up to date and has several interesting addons like offers etc. Would they want the grief of dealing with customer complaints, dealing with carriers and the financial aspects and outlay for support / development / business analysis / accounts / human resources!

Dont get me wrong if someone (even Blackberry themselves) said that I could pay £20 a month as a subcription and they would continue to update the phone I would jump at the chance and would happily pay for it, even if it is just minor security changes and Android runtime updates, I wouldnt be that interested in new apps but it would be nice.

I just dont see it happening, I love BB10 OS but it is EOL... the real question for me is whether I stay loyal to BB who I have pretty much always used, or move on to another manufactuer, now that they are pure Android it will be interesting to see if they are able to compete with phones that have been Android for a long time.

Ed
    If you want a close experience, hub etc., then BlackBerry Android is a great compromise. I've got the PRIV and now the DTEK50. I use two lines and have for 11 years. I always had BBOS/BB10 line as primary and second line has always been whatever alternative I was using. Palm OS, WP and then Android. Couple of times I tried using BB10 on both lines but I always had some apps that didn't function quite right.

Point is that I own android/ios phones going back to at least 2009 and I finally committed to android for secondary line in 2011. The last 1.5 years in PRIV got my BlackBerry experience so close to BBOS/BB10 days that I recently dropped non-BlackBerry Android flagship on second line and replaced with DTEK50.

I always wished for BB10 with the Android necessary apps functioning correctly. BlackBerry Android is the next best thing and closer than stock Android.

Posted via CB10
    04-07-17 06:32 AM
    I think I missed the joke :P
    Yes, you clearly did. The thread is a discussion of charity from the
    CrackBerry community, taking over BB10 development. You stated we are overflowing with civility and charity. I'm assuming your check to Kevin is on it's way.

I recommend a monthly auto-payment, or you'll be spending a lot in stamps, before the next upgrade is released.
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    04-07-17 07:42 AM
    Is this thread still a thing?
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-07-17 08:38 AM
    Is this thread still a thing?
    Just like most BB10 denial threads on here I guess.
    04-07-17 08:45 AM
    Something to discuss

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    04-07-17 09:36 AM
    Can my webOS dreams get on this train too?
    BigBadWulf and jmr1015 like this.
    04-07-17 09:40 AM
    Welcome

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-07-17 09:50 AM
    We shall combine, and call it web10, even though we want to turn it up to 11.
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-07-17 03:11 PM
    Normally I would say "just tell me what I can do to help", but in this case I want nothing to do with this train wreck
    jmr1015 likes this.
    04-07-17 03:43 PM
    Normally I would say "just tell me what I can do to help", but in this case I want nothing to do with this train wreck
    Wait! What? This train can actually move?!?
    Carjackd and xandros9 like this.
    04-07-17 03:59 PM
    That triggered a thought in me...Am I the only one that prefers BB maps to google maps?

The navigation is smoother, its simple and to the point. Google maps seems laggy on many platforms.
    You're not alone, I loved BlackBerry maps too! I thought their traffic function worked much better than google as well.

This also makes me wish they brought the bb10 music player over to android
    04-07-17 04:04 PM
    Wait! What? This train can actually move?!?
    I tried a couple cans of WD40 but nuffin!
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-07-17 10:50 PM
    I tried a couple cans of WD40 but nuffin!

On second thought, just use water. Lots of water.
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-07-17 11:01 PM
    I support this idea. I will be the CEO of this new initiative and, just like John Chen, I will do the reasonable thing and kill BB10 development.
    04-08-17 08:46 AM
    I'll be the CTO and make sure that the Android Runtime won't include any Google components and that it's version never will go over V4.3. Also, I'll follow a strategy to hold of 3rd party developers from developing quality apps and I will promote activities to fill the new BlackBerry World store with enough City Map apps.
    04-08-17 08:58 AM
    Sure as long as there is space for Symbian. I also hear the folks over at Windows Central are preparing a place in case Win Mobile final busts.
    BigBadWulf and xandros9 like this.
    04-08-17 05:20 PM
    Absolutely agree, even (it seems) the mods are sarcastic. What is it with people needing to slap a fellow crackberrian down?

Posted via CB10
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    04-08-17 05:27 PM
109 12345