Uber is the larger taxi company in global, they didn't own any taxi.
    Airbnb didn't own any hotel. Alibaba, Amazon , ebay, lazada didn't own any brands but sell more products, the world changing by outsource, What's next?

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    BlackBerry should let Crackberry fully handle update on OS and the developer.-6eac418dfcb123876d9c9163634e70b2.gif
    04-05-17 06:53 PM
    $100 million? Is this new adventure only to last a week or two, or are we just updating software for current hardware?
    Honestly as much as this idea sounds weird, it could work.
    All is needed is for BlackBerry to be comfortable with the idea and give a seal of approval to this. And this should include the ability for CB to design new BB10 phones. BlackBerry should also allows us access to their BB10 facilities as a token and maybe for a token fee which could be a % of d profit on each phone sold.

Then we need to have CB registered as a company. This could be done with all CB members who are willing to contribute as shareholders. Forming something like member-owned company. Thus a reasonable startup fund can be raised. If by a rough estimate every member donates $100 and we have 1m members that's $100m out there for you.

Then those ex BB10 developers and phone desgners who were let go could be brought on board as part-time developers and designers. And for those who agreed to come on board they will be made shareholders too.

The key in making this a success if marketing. And that starts from the day this idea gains root. Trust me many non-member of CB will be excited to participate in this and make it a success.

Shareholders can participate in the design of the new phones etc.

As weird as this seems I believe it's doable and in a few years BB10 maybe such revised and enhanced that BlackBerry or any other company will be will to buy CB company.

Over to you eggheads.

Posted via CB10
    Khai Lang likes this.
    04-05-17 07:58 PM
    The few users BB10 has left are either enthusiasts, or actually wanting BlackBerry security. This idea would lose the latter group.
    04-05-17 08:13 PM
    Then those ex BB10 developers and phone desgners who were let go could be brought on board as part-time developers and designers. And for those who agreed to come on board they will be made shareholders too.
    Those developers are just sitting by the phone waiting to work for equity in your pipe dream. /s

Dude, how high are you?
    04-05-17 08:17 PM
    Those developers are just sitting by the phone waiting to work for equity in your pipe dream. /s

Dude, how high are you?
    Not in a minute did I assume so. They are definitely working i believe. But show me anyone who would want to make an extra buck in a legitimate way. Bringing this guys on board on part-time basis wouldn't be for free. They will be getting paid the job they do in their free time. And not only that, they will own free equity in the company too. So it's a win-win situation to them.
    04-05-17 08:57 PM
    Not in a minute did I assume so. They are definitely working i believe. But show me anyone who would want to make an extra buck in a legitimate way. Bringing this guys on board on part-time basis wouldn't be for free. They will be getting paid the job they do in their free time. And not only that, they will own free equity in the company too. So it's a win-win situation to them.
    RnD jobs almost always have a non compete clause.
    Also most of those folks won't want to burn the midnight oil for you because they already work stupid hours.
    Not to mention the former BB10 team members will be spread out over the world.
    Maybe if I drink the bong water this will make more sense.
    04-05-17 09:26 PM
    RnD jobs almost always have a non compete clause.
    Also most of those folks won't want to burn the midnight oil for you because they already work stupid hours.
    Not to mention the former BB10 team members will be spread out over the world.
    Maybe if I drink the bong water this will make more sense.
    Trust me i know what you talk about. I am an IT Consultant. But we all try earn an extra buck here and there where we can do it legally. And about they being scattered all over the world, you forget due to the emergence of the internet the whole world has simply become a small village. They could work remotely from where ever they are.

And by the way who says with enough startup capital we can not employ these guys? My part-time proposal is in case we dont have enough to bring these guys on board.
    04-05-17 09:33 PM
    I'd be willing to learn how to over promise and under deliver! Can I be VP of Global Alliances and Ecosystems?
    04-05-17 10:05 PM
    Trust me i know what you talk about. I am an IT Consultant.
    And that's where you lose me.
    My experience as a barista has taught me to run screaming from anyone uttering these words.
    04-05-17 10:24 PM
    I volunteer to code the Lithuanian language for bb10
    BigBadWulf and DrBoomBotz like this.
    04-05-17 11:04 PM
    John Chen should let Crackberry to fully take over all OS 10 for the update of OS, the native BBM of BlackBerry can't use video call compare to ios
    and android. No updates on OS, if can outsource to other people, we will get a nice OS and nice updates with good function on bb10. Maybe fb and whatsapp will continue support, and other people can create more apps for bb10. We should do something instead of the whole world belongs to ios and android...

And see the only real niche market, the enterprise market, dump it, because no highly secure enterprise would accept third party support. Weird.
    glwerry and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    04-05-17 11:23 PM
    Agree with @azum4u, anything is possible now a days, if everyone donate or pay for the update of OS, we have more than 100million bb10 die hard fan's, design new look OS and create more features. Each people $1 enough to cover. Outsource may a pipe dream for some people , but possible for those who dream.

i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    04-06-17 05:11 AM
    All is needed is for BlackBerry to be comfortable with the idea and give a seal of approval to this. And this should include the ability for CB to design new BB10 phones. BlackBerry should also allows us access to their BB10 facilities as a token and maybe for a token fee which could be a % of d profit on each phone sold.

Then we need to have CB registered as a company. This could be done with all CB members who are willing to contribute as shareholders. Forming something like member-owned company. Thus a reasonable startup fund can be raised. If by a rough estimate every member donates $100 and we have 1m members that's $100m out there for you.

The key in making this a success if marketing. And that starts from the day this idea gains root. Trust me many non-member of CB will be excited to participate in this and make it a success.

As weird as this seems I believe it's doable and in a few years BB10 maybe such revised and enhanced that BlackBerry or any other company will be will to buy CB company.

Over to you eggheads.

Posted via CB10
    You are psychotic.

psychosis
    sʌɪˈkəʊsɪs/
    noun
    a severe mental disorder in which thought and emotions are so impaired that contact is lost with external reality.
    "they were suffering from a psychosis"

Posted via CB10
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    04-06-17 05:17 AM
    Agree with @azum4u, anything is possible now a days, if everyone donate or pay for the update of OS, we have more than 100million bb10 die hard fan's, design new look OS and create more features. Each people $1 enough to cover. Outsource may a pipe dream for some people , but possible for those who dream.

Uh... 100 million? I got nuthin.

"'Security by obscurity' means 'commercial failure.'" - Confucius
    04-06-17 05:27 AM
    Bla1ze could design and manufacture new BB10 devices while CBK handles all the marketing and carrier relationships. Meanwhile CB mods could supervise OS10 app design and OS updates including BB11....

Are you effing kidding me OP? It's a friggin blog site..

Posted via CB10
    Nah, Sorinf should lead the development, since he's such an expert that carries 2 Passports to read through the OS flow charts, no one else can. Slash28, Q20Bold, and Lostgirl5151 will handle the marketing. BBXqnx will just be the inspirational speaker making rounds how if you don't use the new phones, you'll be screwed by "Analdroid" (whatever that is... that he always refer to).
    04-06-17 06:21 AM

Over to you eggheads.

Posted via CB10
    You mean the engineers who now have great jobs at Apple, Google and other places. I am sure they will be eager to join up.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    04-06-17 06:44 AM

I don't think you can find 100 people gullible enough to fall into this scam, let alone 100 million.

Trust me i know what you talk about. I am an IT Consultant.
    Call center, got it.

Nah, Sorinf should lead the development, since he's such an expert that carries 2 Passports to read through the OS flow charts, no one else can. Slash28, Q20Bold, and Lostgirl5151 will handle the marketing. BBXqnx will just be the inspirational speaker making rounds how if you don't use the new phones, you'll be screwed by "Analdroid" (whatever that is... that he always refer to).
    04-06-17 06:53 AM
    Thank you I had a good laugh
    04-06-17 09:09 AM

you have less than 1 million BB10 fans that would even consider this and put money towards it
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-06-17 10:42 AM
    YES!!!

From there, we will send out nuclear drones to irradiate Mountain View and Redmond.

Posted via CB10
    Whoa wait a minute I live in mountain view!!!!

Posted via CB10
    04-06-17 01:02 PM
    Whoa wait a minute I live in mountain view!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, collateral damage. Besides we are 100 million strong; your sacrifice won't statistically matter.

"'Security by obscurity' means 'commercial failure.'" - Confucius
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-06-17 01:04 PM
    we have more than 100million bb10 die hard fan's
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-06-17 10:54 PM
    Cheers...

04-06-17 11:01 PM
    we have more than 100million bb10 die hard fan's
    Did you notify BlackBerry? Somehow they missed over 90 million of them on their earnings reports.
    jmr1015 and xandros9 like this.
    04-06-17 11:46 PM
    This is a forum, overflowing with civility and charity.
    04-07-17 12:22 AM
109 1234 ...