John Chen should let Crackberry to fully take over all OS 10 for the update of OS, the native BBM of BlackBerry can't use video call compare to ios
    and android. No updates on OS, if can outsource to other people, we will get a nice OS and nice updates with good function on bb10. Maybe fb and whatsapp will continue support, and other people can create more apps for bb10. We should do something instead of the whole world belongs to ios and android...

Post via my BlackBerry Passport
    Rodrigo Lourenco likes this.
    04-03-17 10:18 PM
    Let me guess, you'd be the "ideas guy"?
    xandros9, Carjackd, TGIS and 2 others like this.
    04-03-17 10:27 PM
    Bla1ze could design and manufacture new BB10 devices while CBK handles all the marketing and carrier relationships. Meanwhile CB mods could supervise OS10 app design and OS updates including BB11....

Are you effing kidding me OP? It's a friggin blog site..

Posted via CB10
    jmr1015, xandros9, TGIS and 1 others like this.
    04-03-17 10:32 PM
    Can I be the marketing guy? I don't have any marketing experience but I can't be worse than current BB10 advertising!

Posted via my Beautiful BlackBerry Classic
    04-03-17 10:36 PM
    Pieces are all coming together. We just need someone with $100 million and we're all set.
    04-03-17 10:50 PM
    oh oh oh... I'll do the coding! I got some experience in coding Basic
    Khai Lang, xandros9, TGIS and 2 others like this.
    04-03-17 11:00 PM
    Of course I will be one of the volunteer if this is true, but so sad i'm not study any field of IT or programming, but I willing to learn coding and give the support of OS. Since the market now is ios 10, windows 10, we should revive bb10. Cheers guys...

i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    04-03-17 11:19 PM
    oh oh oh... I'll do the coding! I got some experience in coding Basic
    Live BlackBerry!!!

Rodrigo Lourenco likes this.
    04-03-17 11:20 PM
    Dibs on barista, they handle the ip law right?
    04-03-17 11:22 PM
    #Conite BlackBerry should pay this...hahaha

04-03-17 11:22 PM
    This is actually a good idea. First it would subject folks to the reality that they have denied for the past 4 years, and second it would provide a firm EOL a lot faster than BlackBerry seems to want to.

"'Security by obscurity' means 'commercial failure.'" - Confucius
    04-04-17 05:34 AM
    No. hell no. as much as i like CB, OS support should be done by the creator. BB10 is not open source, you don't know all the ins and outs... hopefully, CB not follow the peter's principal.
    TGIS likes this.
    04-04-17 06:30 AM
    YES!!!

This is the kind of cutting slice, bleeding knife thinking that can propel BB10 back to it's position as leader of the mobile world.

We have an army of dedicated keyboard warriors who between them probably know at least five javascript commands, and a deep pool of marketing knowledge rivalled only by a copy of the daily mail in a swimming pool.

The new movement will proceed under the brave leadership of Bl1ze, who will single handedly defeat Tim Cook in unarmed hand to hand combat and put his head on a pike in front of the UN in New York, which shall become the new Crackberry headquarters.

From there, we will send out nuclear drones to irradiate Mountain View and Redmond. The world will tremble as they hear our terrifying cry: MUH PRODUCTIVITY!!!

It will be glorious.

I would like to offer my services as head of pike sharpening. I have one already for Tim Cook.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-17 07:29 AM
    Let me be the new Alicia Keys!!! Me me me!! ;p

Posted via CB10
    xandros9 and jope28 like this.
    04-04-17 08:23 AM
    Of course I will be one of the volunteer if this is true, but so sad i'm not study any field of IT or programming, but I willing to learn coding and give the support of OS. Since the market now is ios 10, windows 10, we should revive bb10. Cheers guys...

I hope you're not serious. These sorts of comments take me back to the day when I had a former underground miner who had become a health and safety guy who liked Excel tell me that one of our HR systems was "no good because it's not a database".

I wanted to strike him in the head once for each of my 30 years of IT experience.

Remember, that many of the BB10 users left are people who are very concerned about security (governments, for example) - how do you think they would react to having BB10 outsourced to a bunch of volunteers??
    jmr1015 and xandros9 like this.
    04-04-17 12:29 PM
    Of course I will be one of the volunteer if this is true, but so sad i'm not study any field of IT or programming
    We can tell.

You can start with finding a Buddhist monastery in the Himalayas, secluding yourself inside and learning how to work with C++ on embedded platforms until your eyes bleed. Then realize that you've wasted several years (decades?) of your life because you didn't ask BlackBerry for source code access first.
    04-04-17 12:33 PM
    Let me be the new Alicia Keys!!! Me me me!! ;p

Posted via CB10
    i wish she use your avatar...
    04-04-17 02:00 PM
    Don't we already have a BlackBerry Jokes thread?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    04-04-17 03:29 PM
    Now I know why I felt a tremor in the Dunning Kruger effect while I was at work. Seriously, what is it about software that makes people think that writing mobile applications, let alone writing mobile OS code, is a sport for novices.

There is an easy way to tell though. Pick a Linux distribution or major OS project and start contributing patches. When people start to come to you voluntarily with questions about that code base you might be ready to start work on a mobile OS.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.3.2205
    04-04-17 04:03 PM
    Pieces are all coming together. We just need someone with $100 million and we're all set.
    $100 million? Is this new adventure only to last a week or two, or are we just updating software for current hardware?
    04-04-17 09:53 PM
    $100 million? Is this new adventure only to last a week or two, or are we just updating software for current hardware?
    Enough for me to embezzle.
    04-04-17 10:12 PM
    Uber is the larger taxi company in global, they didn't own any taxi.
    Airbnb didn't own any hotel. Alibaba, Amazon , ebay, lazada didn't own any brands but sell more products, the world changing by outsource, What's next?

04-04-17 10:42 PM
    Airbnb didn't own any hotel.

Uber lost $1.27 billion on revenues of $2 billion in the first half of 2016.

Not sure what the point you were trying to make though.
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-04-17 10:44 PM
    Enough for me to embezzle.
    I'll put up a Kickstarter under a false name.
    04-05-17 07:10 AM
    Airbnb didn't own any hotel. Alibaba, Amazon , ebay, lazada didn't own any brands but sell more products, the world changing by outsource, What's next?

ebay is an AUCTION site, Amazon is a store.
    If you go down to Wal-Mart and buy an iPad from them do you think that the clerk there has had any hand in the development of that iPad?

Seriously. What you're proposing is a pipe dream, not to mention the fact that it still doesn't address the application gap - corporations like FaceBook that are pulling their apps away from BB10 are separate corporate entities - even if BB10 COULD be sustained, how are you going to attract the FaceBooks of the world back?
    Last edited by howarmat; 04-05-17 at 10:00 AM.
    xandros9 likes this.
    04-05-17 09:21 AM
109 123 ...