As a matter of fact, we can see actually kinda cloud syncing couple of things already: BBM, Passwords...etc Why not a dedicated cloud for Blackberry users other than typical existing now? If Blackberry did it, promoting its security features, I'm sure more people will be attracted to BB software and hardware.
    03-17-15 12:45 PM
    Nobody knows.

We all have asked this question at (multiple) times.
    03-17-15 01:39 PM
    I agree. It is seriously weird that they don't offer a cloud.

I'm sure many BB users would gladly pay $25 per year for a basic cloud that backed up the whole of their Blackberry online and offered them a premium secure version of Blackberry Protect.

They're leaving money on the table.
    pstrusi likes this.
    03-17-15 02:25 PM
    Why? I use OneDrive and it does everything I need. It would be "nice" but considering BlackBerry got into trouble by not having a sharp focus I don't see the benefit in this.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 02:31 PM
    I agree. It is seriously weird that they don't offer a cloud.

I'm sure many BB users would gladly pay $25 per year for a basic cloud that backed up the whole of their Blackberry online and offered them a premium secure version of Blackberry Protect.

They're leaving money on the table.
    They do offer cloud. But it's marketed towards enterprise.

Posted via CB10
    pstrusi likes this.
    03-17-15 03:01 PM
    I don't see it as revenue generating, considering everyone now expects small sync for free.

You can see from Blend website, not synchronized to the cloud is a feature.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 03:26 PM
    Some kind of "certified time stamp" photo service would be great. Really useful and incriminating.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 05:16 PM
    Do not think BB sees it that way... one year they bought a cloud service NewBay and preceeded to sell it the next... so cannot see cloud services ( owned by BB ) in their future or why would they sell it? Chen seems to have a master plan and it does not look like a cloud service will be part of it...
    03-17-15 05:22 PM
    I'd also like to have BlackBerry internet services. It could start with a basic e-mail account, which can be upgraded to a full PIM suite with calendar and contact sync and upgraded more to a full featured cloud service. For that, I'd gladly pay and subscripe. Much more than I would for my own BBM PIN or add-free BBM services, let alone any sticker packs.

Posted via CB10
    pstrusi likes this.
    03-17-15 06:25 PM
    I would pay for a secure cloud backup.
    Don't really trust existing cloud offerings

Posted by Jerbru
    pstrusi likes this.
    03-17-15 07:45 PM
    Basic PIM would be amazing! Even just dav for contacts and calendar with a very minimal web frontend would be great.

With BES being a hosted service, adding PIM would make it a fairly complete solution for small-med business.

Posted via CB10
    pstrusi likes this.
    03-17-15 08:01 PM
    03-17-15 09:30 PM
    As Best I can tell and from testing out the cloud hosted BES 10 awhile back it offers great MDM and secure access to any of the company's internal resources (storage, exchange...) but doesn't have storage, calendar, or contacts services built in.

Fair enough as that would be a monster service. It would be cool though.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 04:01 PM