Android is popular for low and medium range device. Eg. Moto G.

People will ask themselves whether they will use android apps on premium price Blackberry device, meanwhile they can buy more cheaper android device.

We all know android apps is resource eater and batery drainer dor BlackBerry device.

I think BlackBerry should maintain strategy to develop Native Apps ecosystem, rather than doind shortcuts with android apps while maintaining premium position.

Posted via CB10 on Z10.
    11-15-13 09:55 AM
    They can do that when they have more apps. And android apps are optional. There are many native apps that people can use
    11-15-13 10:19 AM
    As was stated in the crackberry blog post, they are maintaining BlackBerry World and all the official store and everything. But similar to how you can sideload stuff on Android, they are giving the functionality to everyone.
    I actually has been officially possible since BB10 inception. It was just a little harder to do and was geared towards developers. Now, they are allowing anyone to do it easily.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-13 10:31 AM
    And from Alec Saunders:
    Along with this update .APK files can now be installed over the air on BlackBerry 10 without the need to repackage files into a .BAR. This allows for more streamlined testing of your Android applications on the BlackBerry platform. Simply install your existing .APK onto a BlackBerry 10 device and if it runs to your liking, repackage it and submit it to BlackBerry World!

Simply put, BlackBerry World is where your app belongs.
    That is pretty clear. Running APKs on the hardware is to better support developer porting. I'm sure many people will take advantage of that to run unported APKs the same way they now sideload ported BARs. But the official stance from BlackBerry is that Android applications for BB10 users should come from BlackBerry World, and they are making it even easier for vendors and developers to put them there.
    11-15-13 11:29 AM
    Whats an exosystem? Like an app world ecosystem crossed with an exoskeleton? Sort of what Inspector Gadget had or like one of spidermans arch enemies dr-oc ? Wicked!
    11-15-13 01:10 PM