Since BlackBerry is going to put the Android 4... runtime on their phones, they should create a curated app store like Amazon. that way, they can have lots of apps and still be secure (and don't defend yourself with "keeping the bb10 look"-if BlackBerry ever hopes to get enough apps for people to take them seriously, they need to use every advantage they have).

Posted via CB10
    08-21-13 11:22 PM
    Two thoughts......Wouldn't that discourage the development of native BlackBerry applications?

On the other hand, no sideloading needed.

Personally, I want BlackBerry apps on my BlackBerry, Android apps on my Android. I realise that my views are unpopular.....
    08-22-13 03:54 AM
    Isn't BlackBerry World a curated app store for apps?... maybe I missed something. Enlighten me please...

Rockin' 10.2.0.1323... 810 Runtime
    08-22-13 03:56 AM
    They are trying to get developers make apps for BB10. And the android runtime is sort of like an incentive if you will. So why would they make an Android app store? It would be easier just to make an Android phone. Don't you think?

Posted via CB10
    08-22-13 04:00 AM
    Two thoughts......Wouldn't that discourage the development of native BlackBerry applications?

On the other hand, no sideloading needed.

Personally, I want BlackBerry apps on my BlackBerry, Android apps on my Android. I realise that my views are unpopular.....
    Off post but is "qbnkelt" something like "fafufnik"? Or "oyskefuffelt"?... lol

Rockin' 10.2.0.1323... 810 Runtime
    08-22-13 04:00 AM
    Great Idea that will newer happen few apps are native anyway - The ATP/WTA app being one native app. Major difference is system handling performance annimations and the ability to update app while being minimized in the foreground. Despite current incidents the app situation seems to improve month by month though.

Another thing is personally I hate the Microsoft Skype situation - would rather be sideloading the apps myself than having a company claiming we're almost there and luring in the bushes
    08-22-13 04:09 AM