If I send an email to my work address using the hub on my Z30 it is always flagged as spam. But if I send it via the Web interface (from the same address) it is NOT flagged as spam. How is this possible?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 11:30 AM
    Is it being marked as spam by Outlook?

What is unique to your BB emails? What is your email signature from your BB, could that be it?
    04-14-14 11:40 AM
    Is it being marked as spam by Outlook?

What is unique to your BB emails? What is your email signature from your BB, could that be it?
    I should have said that, sorry. Yes, Outlook flags it. More specifically: my work email is a government one. So there is aggressive spam filtering and virus scanning. I nearly always remove my signature for emails sent to work. But I'll confirm this now. It usually reads: "Sent from my [brand deleted] phone." (I am not a fan of advertising.)
    Last edited by SethDove; 04-14-14 at 01:09 PM.
    04-14-14 12:19 PM
    Just tested again. Sent without a signature (turned off) and I have yet to get even the spam warning (work flags it and I have to reply to a warning email to have it released) . When sent by Web I got it in 4seconds.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 12:48 PM
    A friend said when I sent test emails to him the header for the Hub has IPV6 headers. The Web sent email does not. Relevant?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 01:04 PM
    A friend said when I sent test emails to him the header for the Hub has IPV6 headers. The Web sent email does not. Relevant?

Posted via CB10
    Are you using activesync?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 05:17 PM
    Are you using activesync?
    Nope.
    04-14-14 06:15 PM
    Maybe it's the format. Did you try switching to plain text?

Posted via CB10
    04-14-14 06:27 PM
    It sounds as though the IP address associated with your smartphone might be filtered as part of a block of addresses. Can you have a co-worker use their smartphone to send an email to the work address? Are you sending email from your smartphone via a personal address or your government address?

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    04-14-14 06:33 PM
    I sent an email to our 'help' address. The response: "Spam is tagged by weight. Various components of the message (source of sender, email body attachment content, and heuristics) add to that weight or spam probability. In this example the cellular device and/or packet route from it is causing the same email message to weigh heavier."
    The email title could be "Test", and the email body be "Test." And every time if send from the Hub it is flagged. Which means at least an hours-long delay in receiving. I need to test with another phone.

FYI: I am sending from a Gmail account to a government email address.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 09:37 AM
    I sent an email to our 'help' address. The response: "Spam is tagged by weight. Various components of the message (source of sender, email body attachment content, and heuristics) add to that weight or spam probability. In this example the cellular device and/or packet route from it is causing the same email message to weigh heavier."
    The email title could be "Test", and the email body be "Test." And every time if send from the Hub it is flagged. Which means at least an hours-long delay in receiving. I need to test with another phone.

FYI: I am sending from a Gmail account to a government email address.

Posted via CB10
    Again, did you try sending a plain text email?

Blackberry sent email flagged as spam-img_20140415_221945.png

Posted via CB10
    04-15-14 04:19 PM
    It sounds as though the IP address associated with your smartphone might be filtered as part of a block of addresses. Can you have a co-worker use their smartphone to send an email to the work address? Are you sending email from your smartphone via a personal address or your government address?

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    Yes to this

Posted via CB10 from my Q10 (SQN100-3)
    04-15-14 07:11 PM