So, a little run up of what I do on my phone:

1. Strong Alphanumeric+special characters password ;
    2. No Picture Password (there is a reason BES10 admins disable that);
    3. Internal memory encryption;
    4. 2 way auth with all the accounts that matter;
    5. 2 way auth with social media accounts (one has to protect his online identity after all...);
    6. Parental controls - to prevent unwarranted app changes;

Any of you guys doing something else? Any tips?
    09-08-14 07:22 PM
    I got your point. Did you get mine?

BB10 is indeed coded with security in mind since the device is to be used by government reps and top execs. Just because a feature is prone to issues and security breaches in other platforms, it does not means the same hold for BB10.

So what lock screen gimmicks make for another attack vector if the holes are plucked? That's my point. The device won't unlock if you have a password set if the password isn't entered and untill we SEE the bug/exploit proving this wrong, this is my final statement on this.

So far, there is no such issue.
    And my point is quite easy to comprehend. Don't use a feature a you don't need since every added feature increases the attack surface.

Just because you haven't been hacked doesn't mean it won't happen in the future. Granted Apple has moronic programmers, Android is terrible, but everyone screws up from time to time.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 01:32 AM
    And my point is quite easy to comprehend. Don't use a feature a you don't need since every added feature increases the attack surface.

Like I said, I got your point.

Just because you haven't been hacked doesn't mean it won't happen in the future. Granted Apple has moronic programmers, Android is terrible, but everyone screws up from time to time.
    On this last bit, we agree. But so far BB10 didn't.

Let's stop derailing the thread now, shall we?
    09-09-14 08:54 AM
    On this last bit, we agree. But so far BB10 didn't.

Let's stop derailing the thread now, shall we?
    It depends on what you call a hack. The samba server on bb10 can reveal a lot about the phone if you don't use a lock. I have seen it listed as a security issue.

For those that don't know, bb10 can implement ethernet over usb. I've done some pen tests on it and if locked, the port is secure. And when unlocked, I haven't been able to get to the system files on the onboard flash. No problem getting to the data files.

I don't believe I have derailed the the thread since everything I stated is factual and security related.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 06:22 PM
    OK so if the files are encrypted, you shouldn't be able to view the files.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-14 07:42 PM
    OK so if the files are encrypted, you shouldn't be able to view the files.

Posted via CB10
    No. If the system is running then it will be decrypting the files as they are accessed.
    09-09-14 08:55 PM
56 123