Commitment to loyal customers by giving them two update for the whole 2016. Both updates will be for security and privacy patches.

I wonder as a normal consumer how secured my phone should be. I rather have a dark Hub than a security patch.

Posted via CB10
    are you complaining about the OS updates or about the lack of BB10 native quality software in the Blackberry world? They can't code the apps for us you know...
    03-05-16 03:37 AM
    Commitment to loyal customers by giving them two update for the whole 2016. Both updates will be for security and privacy patches.

I wonder as a normal consumer how secured my phone should be. I rather have a dark Hub than a security patch.

Posted via CB10
    I think you are right in a sense, as our exposure to the world is a risk by definition but I also feel that when we have identified a risk it would be foolhardy to ignore, of course we would like it all, Unfortunately business requires revenue to be able to offer the services that we need and the need to monetize Is forever present. Apps do this in a way. BlackBerry Made a commitment to the business world when they withdrew from the consumer free for all. I believe that the Priv and it's successors is an attempt to re-engage with the consumer market where monetization can occur.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 04:52 AM
    So what systems do you use, that don't have any element of data collection, as I would prefer to use them as well.

Posted via CB10
    I don't use such a system - it doesn't exist.

But i also don't pretend that BlackBerry isn't doing the same as everyone else.

And in this respect BlackBerry may be doing worse. At least Apple, Google and Microsoft keep the data to themselves - they sell advertising buckets, not the data itself.

BlackBerry may not even be able to say that because of the components in BlackBerry Assistant and their TOS's.
    03-05-16 07:14 AM
    is BlackBerry 10 taking unwanted face pictures as well ? notice the eye icon in the top right corner?
    I don't have any face recognition security settings in place atm nor a face recognition software.
    the picture was taken in portrait mode but turned landscape for some reason.
    Sent from probably the best mobile operating system in the world Blackberry 10
    That icon means you either don't know how to use your phone or are being intentionally obtuse.

It's for the Samsung Smart Stay/Smart Pause feature. A quick web engine search - or possibly reading your phone's instructions - would have told you as much and also how to turn the feature off.

You seriously believe that if someone is "spying" on you that they would notify you? That's the opposite of the definition of spying.
    03-05-16 07:27 AM
    I don't use such a system - it doesn't exist.

But i also don't pretend that BlackBerry isn't doing the same as everyone else.

And in this respect BlackBerry may be doing worse. At least Apple, Google and Microsoft keep the data to themselves - they sell advertising buckets, not the data itself.

BlackBerry may not even be able to say that because of the components in BlackBerry Assistant and their TOS's.
    the components in the Blackberry Assistant are the same ones used in Siri and any other natural language AI interpretation engine, Wolfram Alpha. am I missing something, any resource for what you say?
    So Blackberry are the bad guys but Samsung wouldn't do anything with the pictures taken off the Smart play Smart pause system right?
    03-05-16 07:31 AM
    the components in the Blackberry Assistant are the same ones used in Siri and any other natural language AI interpretation engine, Wolfram Alpha. am I missing something, any resource for what you say?
    The other engines you mention are all in-house to their respective companies. As are their mapping solutions. And their ad networks. Unlike BlackBerry.

And that's neither good or bad. It just is.

Look at Wolfram's TOS and decide for yourself if you find them amenable. Ditto for Smaato's (BlackBerry's suggested replacement for BlackBerry Ads). Etc...

This isn't a bash against BlackBerry. It's to understand that all of these features and services use your data regardless of platform.

PS - that's only the phone. You start shipping off even more info once you start using apps.

PPS - And even more data just by virtue of using a cellular service provider (ever read Verizon or AT&T's TOS?).
    03-05-16 07:59 AM
    The other engines you mention are all in-house to their respective companies. As are their mapping solutions.

Fact: Most of these were not their corporate inventions nor in house developments, most of them were acquisitions at best, if not patent infringements with later on, in court agreements. Here it is how google maps started..."Google Maps began as a C++ desktop program designed by Lars and Jens Eilstrup Rasmussen at Where 2 Technologies. In October 2004, the company was acquired by Google"
    Or
    Microsoft who for their Bing maps used the HERE Nokia Maps solutions who in turn used Navteq. Of course I could go on and on and debunk all the myths about these companies but where is this technological superiority over Blackberry which you are talking about?
    Am not saying Blackberry is pristine, am saying Blackberry is better than the other wolf modern sheep clothing. isn't it?

"PS - that's only the phone. You start shipping off even more info once you start using apps."
    PS - on BB10 menu you go in app permissions in the menu and uncheck whatever you want in there
    PPS - VPN
    03-05-16 08:25 AM
    That icon means you either don't know how to use your phone or are being intentionally obtuse.

It's for the Samsung Smart Stay/Smart Pause feature. A quick web engine search - or possibly reading your phone's instructions - would have told you as much and also how to turn the feature off.

You seriously believe that if someone is "spying" on you that they would notify you? That's the opposite of the definition of spying.
    I began to write an answer to your points but half way through realised that you are entitled to your opinion as are we all. I have no issues concerning BlackBerry security.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 10:43 AM
    are you complaining about the OS updates or about the lack of BB10 native quality software in the Blackberry world? They can't code the apps for us you know...
    Well they could update they number of apps that they actually do code.

BBM, Facebook, Adobe Reader, BB Travel, Dropbox, Google Talk, OneDrive

Just to name a few. That would certain show a commitment to BB10.
    BBM is the only one that receives any updates
    elfabio80 likes this.
    03-05-16 12:22 PM
    For those who believed BlackBerry was giving up on BlackBerry 10 Os or the paid by competition bashers who are lurking on this forum could read the link above. In the mean time there is a year ahead time to make some serious BlackBerry 10 apps.

Posted via CB10
    The denial is strong with this one.

Why BlackBerry? Because I can!
    03-05-16 01:52 PM
    The denial is strong with this one.

Why BlackBerry? Because I can!
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry reinforces its commitment to BlackBerry 10 OK-underachievementpenguindemotivator_large.jpg  
    03-05-16 02:25 PM
    ....when people see my Z10 in Europe they ask me if it's the new BlackBerry. If they don't see my phone they are like "BlackBerry are old phones with keyboard ".
    This is the exact same experience I made.

Well, not the exact same experience - people don't ask if it's the new one, they rather thought BB left the market years ago. No one knows anything about OS10... All they know of are phones from 200x, when they were able to mail and chat on the go for the first time.
    Gordash likes this.
    03-07-16 08:12 AM
37 12