01-09-16 09:44 AM
    Commitment to loyal customers by giving them two update for the whole 2016. Both updates will be for security and privacy patches.

I wonder as a normal consumer how secured my phone should be. I rather have a dark Hub than a security patch.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 09:52 AM
    For those who believed BlackBerry was giving up on BlackBerry 10 Os or the paid by competition bashers who are lurking on this forum could read the link above. In the mean time there is a year ahead time to make some serious BlackBerry 10 apps.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    01-09-16 09:56 AM
    I wish I was a paid basher. Instead it appears that I am paying BlackBerry because I keep buying their damn phones.

I love bb10, really I do.

But let it gooooooo...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    sonicpix and miker476 like this.
    01-09-16 10:02 AM
    For those who believed BlackBerry was giving up on BlackBerry 10 Os or the paid by competition bashers who are lurking on this forum could read the link above. In the mean time there is a year ahead time to make some serious BlackBerry 10 apps.

Posted via CB10
    I read it. And it clearly says two updates for the whole 2016 both for security and privacy.

It's sad that now I know what PlayBook owners felt when they were told that BlackBerry 10 will come to their playbooks.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 10:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    Do you actually think other companies care enough about a company that has a 0.3% market share to pay people to write negative comments on a forum about them? Oh, I wouldn't be counting on much in the way of apps for BB10 either.

Posted via CB10
    sonicpix likes this.
    01-09-16 10:19 AM
    Do you actually think other companies care enough about a company that has a 0.3% market share to pay people to write negative comments on a forum about them? Oh, I wouldn't be counting on much in the way of apps for BB10 either.

Posted via CB10
    If you think that there are allot of YouTube reviews full of lies, yes. If you think that there were articles about BlackBerry closing the doors when they actually announced the launch of the BlackBerry Passport, yes. If you think that BlackBerry 10 is the best OS now and all they have to do is to create good new app that the market needs and promoting the brand, yes.
    All big companies are trying to kill a potential rival when it is still small if they see a possible success for that rival.

Posted via CB10
    danifulger likes this.
    01-09-16 11:43 AM
    I read it. And it clearly says two updates for the whole 2016 both for security and privacy.

It's sad that now I know what PlayBook owners felt when they were told that BlackBerry 10 will come to their playbooks.

Posted via CB10
    They only said what is for sure. That doesn't mean there will not be other improvements in the OS. The company has to adapt with the clients needs, and for now they need to make the security patches in order to keep the first place in secure handsets. BlackBerry 10 is the best even if there will not be new features in it.
    I think there is a big problem in complaining that we don't get enough updates when the other OS'S are not on the same level even if they have 10 updates/ year.

Posted via CB10
    anon(2313227) and acovey like this.
    01-09-16 11:48 AM
    They only said what is for sure. That doesn't mean there will not be other improvements in the OS. The company has to adapt with the clients needs, and for now they need to make the security patches in order to keep the first place in secure handsets. BlackBerry 10 is the best even if there will not be new features in it.
    I think there is a big problem in complaining that we don't get enough updates when the other OS'S are not on the same level even if they have 10 updates/ year.

Posted via CB10
    This.

And after they announced the two updates for 2016 I received the update to 10.3.2.2876. So that means that between the announcement and the end of 2016 there will have been three updates.

Just noticed that as I type this, one of the other people in the group has a Leap. I also know that a high security enterprise in the local area has just started rolling out BlackBerry Leap devices on BES.

LeapSTR100-2/10.3.2.2876
    acovey likes this.
    01-09-16 12:18 PM
    If you think that there are allot of YouTube reviews full of lies, yes. If you think that there were articles about BlackBerry closing the doors when they actually announced the launch of the BlackBerry Passport, yes. If you think that BlackBerry 10 is the best OS now and all they have to do is to create good new app that the market needs and promoting the brand, yes.
    All big companies are trying to kill a potential rival when it is still small if they see a possible success for that rival.

Posted via CB10
    BB is turning into an Android shop. BB has lost 99% or so of their market share. No one is paying attention to them.
    01-09-16 12:33 PM
    BB is turning into an Android shop. BB has lost 99% or so of their market share. No one is paying attention to them.
    The problem is not the OS. As I said on other threads, when people see my Z10 in Europe they ask me if it's the new BlackBerry. If they don't see my phone they are like "BlackBerry are old phones with keyboard ".

Posted via CB10
    01-09-16 01:12 PM

Posted via CB10
    How do you believe it got to the situation that it is now ? People are commonly calling them trolls but I will go further and if someone of multiple users are paid to trash and bring down the reputation of a company or its products it is much more than a troll, is industrial sabotage. It's the corporate world and if not now, the competition did it until now? 0.3 % market share of what? Consumers? Government and corporate markets ? If they do have 0.3%, maybe it is for consumers. Isn't that the problem the harshest with BB was the community or the ones supposed to promote this beautiful operating system? As I said in this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-z10-1057345/ post no. 14. What would have happened if the the Iphone user complained the same about the Iphone 5s and the battery life? Truth is the BB community has it's share of guilt in this story. For what, a bad battery for a 355 ppi screen phone? A phone with a replaceable battery and $5 a spare? Let's get serious.
    BB was also one of the few companies to refuse to cooperate with the Chinese government when requested to give access to the Chinese government to their network and so they had to leave the Chinese market. Can we say this about other companies companies?
    A forum? It is the forum not a forum, maybe am wrong but this might be the main forum and resource for the BB community.
    01-09-16 03:41 PM
    BB pretty much is saying the same thing when they shelved BBOS in favour of OS10.
    01-09-16 03:58 PM
    How do you believe it got to the situation that it is now ? People are commonly calling them trolls but I will go further and if someone of multiple users are paid to trash and bring down the reputation of a company or its products it is much more than a troll, is industrial sabotage. It's the corporate world and if not now, the competition did it until now? 0.3 % market share of what? Consumers? Government and corporate markets ? If they do have 0.3%, maybe it is for consumers. Isn't that the problem the harshest with BB was the community or the ones supposed to promote this beautiful operating system? As I said in this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...y-z10-1057345/ post no. 14. What would have happened if the the Iphone user complained the same about the Iphone 5s and the battery life? Truth is the BB community has it's share of guilt in this story. For what, a bad battery for a 355 ppi screen phone? A phone with a replaceable battery and $5 a spare? Let's get serious.
    BB was also one of the few companies to refuse to cooperate with the Chinese government when requested to give access to the Chinese government to their network and so they had to leave the Chinese market. Can we say this about other companies companies?
    A forum? It is the forum not a forum, maybe am wrong but this might be the main forum and resource for the BB community.
    It is 0.3% of smartphone. iPhones are dominant in the enterprise now. Lots of iPhone users complain. Remember battery gate. And antenna gate. Buy people still buy iPhones. The iPhone came out in 2007. BB10 came out in 2013. That is 6 years. You don't get 6 years to respond in the mobile phone business. BB had doomed itself years ago. They were way too late to market and have no one but themselves to blame.
    01-09-16 04:18 PM
    BB pretty much is saying the same thing when they shelved BBOS in favour of OS10.
    could you provide a link to an official press statement ?
    03-04-16 01:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    If you think about the bigger picture, data =power. Why else do you think Windows 10 was a free upgrade but in their terms and conditions it says it will collect user data and there was no way of disabling it. Android, windows and IPhone all collect data............ Just saying

Posted via CB10
    danifulger likes this.
    03-04-16 03:18 PM
    I appreciate the article from BlackBerry , my z30 together with all its features is without doubt the best of phones for my needs, it is my workhorse which helps me to stay in touch with my business. I care not for apps, when I read articles about android malware leaking data etc I know my OS is the best and feel reassured of its continued support.

Posted via CB10
    03-04-16 06:39 PM
    I appreciate the article from BlackBerry , my z30 together with all its features is without doubt the best of phones for my needs, it is my workhorse which helps me to stay in touch with my business. I care not for apps, when I read articles about android malware leaking data etc I know my OS is the best and feel reassured of its continued support.

Posted via CB10
    as long as you are not using the Android apps even though it is within the container, it has a network connection. don't want to get paranoid but most of the times I unlock the android phone the front face camera starts and the mighty eye icon. Google got way to powerful..they have a satellite network, driverless cars and which business they are not in these days?
    daveycrocket likes this.
    03-04-16 06:47 PM
    If you think about the bigger picture, data =power. Why else do you think Windows 10 was a free upgrade but in their terms and conditions it says it will collect user data and there was no way of disabling it. Android, windows and IPhone all collect data............ Just saying

Posted via CB10

I know you are right...I remember I got into an article which ran a test and intercept all the communication windows 10 had for a 24 hours period within a VM and they were shocked at what and the number of connections made with everything turned off. I lost the article though. It was a techradar article if am not mistaken.
    Last edited by danifulger; 03-05-16 at 01:45 AM.
    03-04-16 07:02 PM

Posted via CB10
    Uhm, BB10 also collects data.
    03-04-16 07:23 PM
    as long as you are not using the Android apps even though it is within the container, it has a network connection. don't want to get paranoid but most of the times I unlock the android phone the front face camera starts and the mighty eye icon. Google got way to powerful..they have a satellite network, driverless cars and which business they are not in these days?
    Do not mock Skynet unless you want a T-800 knocking on your door.
    danifulger likes this.
    03-04-16 07:25 PM
    There isn't a real comparison here in my view. I have looked into this as my business is people and keeping their data safe. BlackBerry is rock solid.

Posted via CB10
    danifulger likes this.
    03-04-16 07:40 PM
    There isn't a real comparison here in my view. I have looked into this as my business is people and keeping their data safe. BlackBerry is rock solid.

Posted via CB10
    Hey, if you're okay with them yanking your data to share with partners whose TOS says they sell that data to other parties, that's your choice.
    03-04-16 09:33 PM
    is BlackBerry 10 taking unwanted face pictures as well ? notice the eye icon in the top right corner?
    I don't have any face recognition security settings in place atm nor a face recognition software.
    the picture was taken in portrait mode but turned landscape for some reason.
    Sent from probably the best mobile operating system in the world Blackberry 10
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry reinforces its commitment to BlackBerry 10 OK-img_20160305_093810.jpg  
    Last edited by danifulger; 03-05-16 at 02:03 AM.
    daveycrocket likes this.
    03-05-16 01:51 AM
    Hey, if you're okay with them yanking your data to share with partners whose TOS says they sell that data to other parties, that's your choice.
    So what systems do you use, that don't have any element of data collection, as I would prefer to use them as well.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-16 02:45 AM
37 12