BlackBerry really needs to allow for the disabling of the Games app. It just boggle my mind how this is still not fixed.

It's a third-party produced app, commissioned, that sneakily baked itself into the OS. BlackBerry executive tweeted about it, saying he didn't realize that the app behaved the way it does. Why hasn't this been fixed? Why hasn't someone been punished?

If anything, this will be what forces me to leave BlackBerry. Carelessness.
    10-30-13 02:53 PM
    It is annoying, but misbehaving games app won't cause me to leave Blackberry....I don't play games much.
    10-30-13 03:06 PM
    Deinstall sys.games through PBAM. Done.
    10-30-13 03:38 PM
    What does is it doing?
    I haven't had a problem yet

Posted via CB10
    10-30-13 06:23 PM
    It is annoying, but misbehaving games app won't cause me to leave Blackberry....I don't play games much.
    Same here

BlackBerry Z10, powerful tool indeed.
    10-30-13 06:24 PM
    Adamlau had the correct answer. If you don't like the Games app, do what a lot of others did.. Download sys.games, install it, then remove it. Poof, gone
    10-30-13 06:41 PM
    I guess I don't play enough games to worry about this. didn't even know it was an issue. Lol
    10-30-13 06:52 PM
    I'm sorry how is the games app third party when it's made, designed, and integrated with bb10 and is by a company BlackBerry owns.

The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    10-30-13 07:03 PM
    I'm sorry how is the games app third party when it's made, designed, and integrated with bb10 and is by a company BlackBerry owns.

The Final Destination - 859 Portage ave, Clothing|Tobacconist|Tattoos - C00016D82
    The games app was not developed in house, apparently. It was an outside designer. I suppose the might actually be owned by BB, but I thought their home base was over in eastern Europe or something. There was a thread about it a few months ago. Apparently one of the higher ups who tweets did not realize the app was baked into the OS. It shouldn't be baked in in fact.

That neither herenorthere when the Games app behaves like a malicious virus.
    10-30-13 11:12 PM
    The games app was not developed in house, apparently. It was an outside designer. I suppose the might actually be owned by BB, but I thought their home base was over in eastern Europe or something. There was a thread about it a few months ago. Apparently one of the higher ups who tweets did not realize the app was baked into the OS. It shouldn't be baked in in fact.

Oh ic, I that is odd that it wasn't supposed to be part of the o's but yet is baked right into bbw and the phone.

May I ask what exactly the games app is doing, because I haven't had any problems with my phone or that app.

10-30-13 11:27 PM
    Oh ic, I that is odd that it wasn't supposed to be part of the o's but yet is baked right into bbw and the phone.

May I ask what exactly the games app is doing, because I haven't had any problems with my phone or that app.

When you open a game connected to the app, the games app starts and you have to click "not now", close it and wait for your game to load. A real pita. Annoying.

Trusted Member Genius
    10-31-13 02:28 AM

The Games application is by Scoreloop, which is owned by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    10-31-13 04:37 AM
    For a company who prides itself on business tools and security, having a gaming app that tells all your bbm business contacts which games you play (and when you play them) without being allowed to disable the "feature," they sure don't instill a lot of trust or forthrightness in their users.
    10-31-13 10:00 AM