Unless I have not understood my contact in Romania correctly. They went into the largest Blackberry supplier
    to be told all BB10 Devices have been pulled and if they wanted one they must order it. Also a major discount
    on legacy devices (blowout sale) was in full force.

So has Blackberry given up this much or are we shifting towards the Foxconn game plan now.

It seems Romania is not the only market in Europe doing this. In France there was the same strategy when I was
    in a shop the salesman said ..." don't buy this new BB10 they are leaving the mobile market."

Also a few friends who I spoke with have switched also saying they feared the company would do under...

Some one tell me how we can educate this world that Blackberry is alive and well.. I feel like a one man army
    milo53 likes this.
    02-11-14 01:31 PM
    I would like to believe that BBRY is aware of its "silence" in the market place and how this is being perceived. I have to believe that the company's tall heads are not just sitting idly but there is some plan being formulated to tackle this issue. Also, I wonder if the "silence" is deliberate; a way to cut down on some of the negative media the company was fighting. If that is the case, the uncertainty is certainly taking its toll as some see that as the comany being in pallitive care with the inevitable demise not far away. I don't know what the answer is. I am hoping Chen and his team does.
    02-11-14 02:01 PM
    BB10 is selling ok-ish in Romania, with the Z10 price reductions, it's extremely difficult to find one. Some online retailers are making a mistake by not importing enough quantities of Z10s.

Orange Romania, the BBRY best supporter, still actively promotes the Q10, the Q5 and the 9720, but they've stopped carrying the Z.

Vodafone carries both the Q and the Zs, including the Z30.

Cosmote Romania, part of T-Mobile, wasn't ever a BBRY supporter.

I have personally convinced two folks I didn't know to buy a Z10 in the last two weeks, in the Softpedia Forums. And the numbers of members commenting on the BBRY Softpedia RO forums is growing pretty fast!

BBRY was never an important consumer market player here, most of the BBs I see around are corporate, therefore, local apps are inexistent.

Still, pharmaceutical industry middle/top-management is 99% with BlackBerry (both legacy and BB10). Also government is BB, the Romania's Prime-Minister is carrying a Bold9900.

Posted via CB10 from my exquisite Z10 on Cosmote Romania
    02-11-14 03:09 PM
    PS: if the retailer your friend was talking about is Quick Mobile, they aren't an official BlackBerry partner in Romania. They used to support BlackBerry, they were the only shop in which I have actually seen an Z30, but they are buying the phones from different places (UK, Middle East, etc), not directly from BlackBerry.

02-11-14 03:14 PM
    I wonder if the Z10 is being offered as an incentive for new BES contracts...

? CB10 ?
    02-11-14 03:15 PM
    In romania mobile operators are paid by Samsung and Microsoft to recommend you their products

Posted via CB10
    chrisro likes this.
    02-11-14 03:21 PM
    I wonder if the Z10 is being offered as an incentive for new BES contracts...

? CB10 ?
    Have no ideas, I've seen a good amount of corporate BB10s, but they were all Qs, not a single Z.

02-11-14 03:29 PM
    In romania mobile operators are paid by Samsung and Microsoft to recommend you their products

Posted via CB10
    Online IT reviewers also, you can't find any news regarding BlackBerry on the tech-sites. I have tweeted two of the IT bloggers suggesting them to cover the 10.2.1 release...no answer, they just keep praising cheap "Made in Romania"(actually made in China, branded and sold as Romanian) Androids.

02-11-14 03:37 PM