In the last week when I look at a phone location on blackberry protect, I get this message over the map:

"The specified credentials are invalid. You can sign up for a free developer account at http://www.bingmapsportal.com"

I'm not sure if the location is correct or just whatever was in the memory.

Any thoughts? whats up?
    11-28-19 03:15 PM
    Any thoughts? whats up?
    BlackBerry let their developer account expire on Bing maps or they changed the API and BlackBerry never updated it. Been like that for months as far as I know.
    11-28-19 08:01 PM
    i dont think months.... that message started happening to me about 2 weeks ago tops. Are they planning on renewing that? Seems something pretty simple...
    11-29-19 12:01 AM
    i dont think months.... that message started happening to me about 2 weeks ago tops. Are they planning on renewing that? Seems something pretty simple...
    With one month left until official EOL date ? This isn’t back end services. This is just letting things die a natural death.
    11-29-19 12:43 AM
    BB10 is now EOL. Look at the current stock performance of BlackBerry. They're in the worst spot they've been in. The company is in a massive tailspin heading straight for the ground.

Long story short, they aren't going to spend any time fixing BB10. Even if it's a quick fix, BB has likely fired everyone responsible for BB10.

BB is in such dire straits right now that they can't afford to give even a sliver of support to their dead OS.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-19 12:47 AM
    I get that. I just thought they still had government and corporate contracts which meant some basic stuff like this would still be alive.
    11-29-19 12:48 AM
    I get that. I just thought they still had government and corporate contracts which meant some basic stuff like this would still be alive.
    I would think so as well. But it sure doesn't seem that way. It's entirely possible that some of their old contracts are now actually costing them money.

Posted via CB10
    11-29-19 01:01 AM
    BB10 is now EOL. Look at the current stock performance of BlackBerry. They're in the worst spot they've been in. The company is in a massive tailspin heading straight for the ground.

Long story short, they aren't going to spend any time fixing BB10. Even if it's a quick fix, BB has likely fired everyone responsible for BB10.

BB is in such dire straits right now that they can't afford to give even a sliver of support to their dead OS.

Posted via CB10
    Revenues have been trending up over the last 6 quarters at over 15% year-over-year.

No doubt they've invested much in Cylance, and it will have to continue growing, so we'll all be watching closely over the next 4 quarters.
    11-29-19 09:12 AM
    From what I have seen, BB10 has never catched on a presence with government or corporations like BBOS. I doubt there is presently any major business or corporation left that is using BB10. BB10 may work for us enthusiasts who are willing to go through trouble of using it, but businesses need reliable communications and not uncertainty about EOL.
    11-29-19 09:22 AM
    BB10 corporate customers werw told back in 2016 to start their migration plans. I know a few have speculated that some secret DOD department was still using BB10 and that is why BlackBerry Limited is keeping a few services still running. If thia is the case I challenge someone to name the department or at least PM me the name of the department.

I work in one of the largest enterprise software companies in the world. My division has several key government contracts. We spend a lot of time developing and certifying our products. I could greatly benefit from the knowledge and proof of DOD departments that are ignoring the requirement to use certified products. Certifications must be kept current.

We were a BB10 developer, we had several apps that supported our software. By September 2016, we only had one significant customer left with some BB10 phones. We stopped all BB10 development in 2016. We made our Android apps worked on BB10 for one year, but after that we stopped all support.
    bbfanfan likes this.
    11-29-19 11:23 AM
    f thia is the case I challenge someone to name the department or at least PM me the name of the department.
    I can't ....... it's secret!
    11-29-19 11:38 AM
    I know a bunch of banks here in Canada use them. I have personally seen top executives with their phones until very recently. And they are only allowed to use that. And new ones are issued when they break, until very recently.
    WES51 likes this.
    11-29-19 11:43 AM
    I know a bunch of banks here in Canada use them. I have personally seen top executives with their phones until very recently. And they are only allowed to use that. And new ones are issued when they break, until very recently.
    Interesting, Canadian banks are using BB10, but don't support BB10 with Banking apps for their customers. Wow, that seems strange. When I use my company's software I expect full support for my devices. I can't believe these executives don't demand their banks support their devices. Considering the majority of consumer banking is done on-line, how do they know their customer's user experience.
    11-29-19 12:24 PM
    The Big 4, TD, RBS, CIBC and BMO haven’t supported BBOS or BB10 for some time.
    11-29-19 12:25 PM
    Interesting, Canadian banks are using BB10, but don't support BB10 with Banking apps for their customers. Wow, that seems strange. When I use my company's software I expect full support for my devices. I can't believe these executives don't demand their banks support their devices. Considering the majority of consumer banking is done on-line, how do they know their customer's user experience.
    They must keep their money in competing institutions that support BB10 from the short list.
    eshropshire likes this.
    11-29-19 12:27 PM
    That's ok, I was just having fun. The US DOD spent the last few years and lots of money on a comprehensive MDM system. Today all US DOD mobile devices have to be managed by the system. The new MDM system does not support BB10. My company has some key DOD contracts. One that I have direct tie to in my division is in an active group with active operations.
    11-29-19 01:10 PM
    They must keep their money in competing institutions that support BB10 from the short list.
    Yes, and Canadian banks must be very different from my banking customers in the USA and Europe. All of which have modern MDM systems and require all mobile devices be managed by their system.
    11-29-19 01:17 PM
    I stand by months.. or maybe they fixed it and it broke again, but it was happening previously.

https://forums.crackberry.com/ask-qu...perly-1142744/
    11-29-19 01:33 PM
    I know of 2 people that work at 2 different banks that use bank issued BB10 devices for work communications. I'm not saying they do their banking on their work phone. They carry a personal one. But for work stuff... not playing and apps, actual work stuff. They are only allowed BB10. Last time I saw them... 6 weeks ago.
    11-29-19 02:01 PM
    Yes, and Canadian banks must be very different from my banking customers in the USA and Europe. All of which have modern MDM systems and require all mobile devices be managed by their system.
    My recent acquaintance that’s a Nigerian prince supports money transfer to his institution via BB10 that can be facilitated on their end with all my information provided securely by me. $3.1 million should be here soon as soon as my doc stamp taxes clear from my account
    11-29-19 02:04 PM
    My recent acquaintance that’s a Nigerian prince supports money transfer to his institution via BB10 that can be facilitated on their end with all my information provided securely by me. $3.1 million should be here soon as soon as my doc stamp taxes clear from my account
    Too late. I've already invested $150k into the operation, and I expect payment shortly.
    11-29-19 02:23 PM
    I know of 2 people that work at 2 different banks that use bank issued BB10 devices for work communications. I'm not saying they do their banking on their work phone. They carry a personal one. But for work stuff... not playing and apps, actual work stuff. They are only allowed BB10. Last time I saw them... 6 weeks ago.
    What I can tell you the financial institutions I work with range from mid region USA to multinational have very stringent communication procedures. Going into their data compounds require major security procedures. All of the companies use modern secure MDMs. The larger ones require MDMs and issue iPhones.

I am not doubting you and I don't have many financial customers in Canada. But, having a company that handles people money to use a product that has not received a security update in 18 months and is month away from EOL is pretty shocking. I would react the same way for any financial institution that allows Android without a strong MDM syatem and strong user procedures.

As a company we are always discussing and consulting on security with my financial, government and security conscious customers. Even for most of our existing financial customers we have to fill out detailed security documents on our products for updates and new products. We are constantly testing our software against the latest known threats. Most often the issues that we have to solve are based on standards we use that must be updated. All of the security documents cover the versions of the security standards we use.
    11-29-19 09:12 PM
    I have a suspicion of at least one active DOD and two active non DOD US government organizations still using BBOS/BB10 exclusively with legacy BlackBerry EMM solutions.

I am not naming them, as I have no evidence I can share anyway, as the source of my information did not intend to share it with me. And, in any case, it's only a suspicion. But it does explain the recent announcement of continued support for BB10 backend services after the formal EOL date for the OS and BlackBerry World.

Using a rational, risk-based approach to cybersecutity, it would not be hard to make a strong case for a legacy BBOS/BB10 solution with BlackBerry EMM so long as it didn't require use of third party apps or the Web browser. The organizations I suspect would never allow either to be used by their employees on their work phones.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    WES51 likes this.
    11-29-19 09:37 PM
    Revenues have been trending up over the last 6 quarters at over 15% year-over-year.

No doubt they've invested much in Cylance, and it will have to continue growing, so we'll all be watching closely over the next 4 quarters.
    But their stock price is the lowest since 2004...

Posted via CB10
    elfabio80 and anon(10387168) like this.
    11-29-19 10:35 PM
    I have a suspicion of at least one active DOD and two active non DOD US government organizations still using BBOS/BB10 exclusively with legacy BlackBerry EMM solutions.

I am not naming them, as I have no evidence I can share anyway, as the source of my information did not intend to share it with me. And, in any case, it's only a suspicion. But it does explain the recent announcement of continued support for BB10 backend services after the formal EOL date for the OS and BlackBerry World.

Using a rational, risk-based approach to cybersecutity, it would not be hard to make a strong case for a legacy BBOS/BB10 solution with BlackBerry EMM so long as it didn't require use of third party apps or the Web browser. The organizations I suspect would never allow either to be used by their employees on their work phones.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    I can suspect maybe legacy BB0S, but the US DOD would not care, (depending on the group), about the backend BlackBerry Services because the DOD BBOS always connected to a secure US Government service, not to Blackberry Limited's servers.

Having managed legacy products from time to time one thing I know is major updates are to be avoided. The original developers are gone and new developers can never fully know the impact of even a minor change in the code. Development of a final version of BB10 that would sever the connections to backend services would be tricky and expensive. Definitely would require more developers and testers than BlackBerry currently has in the mobile software group. Considering their output over the last 12 months must be close to nonexistent. The testing matrix alone would be very complex. Trying to determine the results of loading a complex update on phones 5-6 years old would be nearly impossible.

Leaving a few backend services running is a much cheaper option. Plus negative EOL BlackBerry phone press. Keep a few aging servers running. BBOS will die out in most of NA and Europe as older networks are shut down by carriers. Thus no negative BlackBerry publicity because they will one of several phones that will die. Any bad press will be on the carriers.

Maybe 12 months ago they DOD had a group running a legacy BlackBerry Limited MDM. In late 2019 all DOD is required to be on new MDM system. Outside of the DOD and major security services the requirements are still to only use approved products. Some less security sensitive groups may let things slip. But things get ugly when they are eventually caught.
    WES51 likes this.
    11-30-19 04:07 AM
33 12