I activated Blackberry Protect and the Location services on my Q10 (running 10.2).
    When logging in protect.blackberry.com, my device is not identified.
    In the help section I see :

My device does not appear in my BlackBerry Protect account
    Your BlackBerry device might be associated with a BlackBerry Enterprise Server. To learn about how your device can be protected against loss or theft, contact your administrator.

Does that means that regular consumer do not get Blackberry protect as they used to with legacy devices ?
    11-17-13 05:02 AM
    No... Protect is for consumer devices (non-BES) only, it is not available on BES hosted devices. BES provides other methods for equivalent functionality.
    11-17-13 05:10 AM
    OK well, I'll wait for 24hours to see if a refresh is made on their server. otherwise i'll call support
    11-17-13 05:19 AM
    I don't understand why having your device connected to a BES 10 server would mean you couldn't participate in Protect.

Yes the BES has the ability to lock and wipe the device but it shouldn't prelude the user from using an Internet accessible service unless there is a BES policy setting where an admin wants it turned off.

I have my personal BB10 device hooked up to a BES 10 server in Balance configuration and Protect works fine (I just used the annoying sound locating feature). I would throw a fit if this got disabled by the BES admins, and considering I am their team lead at work that's not likely to happen. ;-)

Back to the original question, I'm hopeful it will sort itself out for you soon.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 09:58 AM
    yup just checked again and it's now identified correctly... go figure...
    HotFix likes this.
    11-17-13 10:07 AM