If I read another 'I use a BlackBerry cuz It's so much more productive than a crappy (insert your favorite phone OS nemesis here) I think I'll just vote for Trump. *hit!

Come on. Are you a machine? Do you get whipped if you don't respond to an email in 5 seconds? Just say what you really mean - I prefer the flow and style of the Blackberry 10 OS. Or, like me, I like being a bit different and trying something new. When I'm bored , I'll switch. But for Buddha's sake, drop the 'it makes me more Productive' bit. I'll bet you even think BBM is the most secure messeger out there too? .hehehe.

This is not the 90's when cell phones cost a fortune, had terrible reception and you carried a pager in case you got an 'urgent' call. Pagers made you more productive, not you're silly Z10. You can't argue that having to spend a week learning uncommon gestures and hidden menus to just use a BB10 device is being 'more productive'. Nor can you say rummaging through the wasteland that is Blackberry World to find a suitable replacement for Snapchat is 'being productive'. No worries, I use Whatsapp. Oh, wait. In June I can't use it anymore?! Back to the Wasteland.

I had a manager once who lost his *hit over the fact that I didn't want to memorize the 40odd keyboard shortcuts that would have saved me a grand total of about 30 seconds a day over using the mouse. God help you if you think memorizing keyboard shortcuts is a good idea. Productivity my ***. Just say it. I like using gestures instead of tapping all the time.

If you really want 'productivity' try using an old Windows Phone 7.5. That was a real gestures-based, 'get things done' kinda phone. Out of the box you could be up and running in 5 minutes and an expert in ten. Want to see you friends last post on FB? OK, no FB app needed. Just flip over to their contact page and all of their posts were right there. Wanna respond? No worries. Tap on Comment and just do it- direct to FB using the same messaging interface you used for every other message. Take a photo and it's automatically saved to OneDrive. No hoping your photos are auto uploading or , dare I say it, plug your phone in to your computer with a cable? 2001 again? When someone tells me I need to use Blackberry Link I laugh, but I'm crying on the inside.

I imagine the 'Productivity First' people out there really have multiple devices and even an Android tablet or an iPad that gets used daily. There's a reason Blackberry Blend works on Andriod and iOS. The real hero's are the Playbook diehards out there - Damn Android and your silly Productivity! I'm goin' down with the ship!

So here's to all of you Productivity People. I salute you. Keep the faith. Keep your bosses happy. Fight the power! Wipe your tears and hang on a little longer.

I'm going back to my Americano, feet up, next to my beautiful wife, streaming Spotify , ignoring emails and watching Netflix on my well-used webOS Thinkpad.

Cheers!

Sent from my awesome BlackBerry Passport
    Last edited by jefbeard911; 12-21-16 at 05:18 AM.
    12-20-16 11:21 PM
    12-20-16 11:37 PM
    Tools not toys!
    12-21-16 02:10 AM
    Why are you holding back? Tell us how you really feel!

Posted using a Q10, 10.3.2.2474.
    12-21-16 05:08 AM
    There are people that really find the blackberry's phones and OS more productive than other OS's. For instance compared to IOS, where you can't simply send an email with multiple attachments, and if you have 20 files to attach you HAVE to do it one by one, taking you half an hour per email, BB10 is really a way more productive. For another instance, if you want to change a name of a picture you've done, you CAN'T do that in IOS. Also you can't save a file on the phone's memory, it all goes to the cloud, what we're doing if you don't have coverage in that particular moment? You CAN'T access your files...

Posted via CB10
    jefbeard911, Vistaus and Q10Bold like this.
    12-21-16 05:21 AM
    Well that was quite long and unnecessary haha

Posted via CB10
    12-21-16 05:34 AM
    An excellent rant. Well done
    jefbeard911 and valer466 like this.
    12-21-16 07:19 AM
    He's right majority of the users here have extra Android and/or iOS device with their BBs. To me that's not really productive.

I love zombies.
    Uzi, Mecca EL, jefbeard911 and 2 others like this.
    12-21-16 07:29 AM
    I enjoyed. I spend more time flicking my z30 than working. Productive my behind. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    jefbeard911 likes this.
    12-21-16 07:34 AM
    12-21-16 07:52 AM
    An excellent rant. Well done
    The Blackberry Productivity Myth-dm.jpg
    12-21-16 08:38 AM
    I think in the day when BBOS was king and pretty much the only way for push email it was the most productive OS out there. iOS and Android were very young at the time. Fastforward to when activesync became standard for most all webmail/workmail/etc and BB lost some of its huge advantage. When bb10 came out android and iOS had matured into powerful OS with both tools AND toys. BB10 didnt have any real advantage and actually was quite far behind in many things.

Now any OS can be plenty productive for many things. Some people obviously will be happier with bb10, while others will find that android runs circles around it in productivity. And some will say iOS is even better for them. Bottom line is any OS can be productive depending on the person because we all do different tasks and all thinking differently
    12-21-16 09:32 AM
    And some will say iOS is even better for them.
    Well, THOSE people are obviously deluded. /runs and ducks for cover
    BigBadWulf, FF22, john_v and 3 others like this.
    12-21-16 01:02 PM
    The word 'productivity' has both an objective and a subjective sense. So yes, it is possible that someone *thinks* that, e.g. ,iOS is more productive when it *actually* is not. Productivity cannot be reduced to mere subjective preference.

Unless and until i) 'productive' is clearly defined, and ii) objective benchmarks are established and measured in a reasonable manner, then this thread will shed little-to-no light on the matter; and most participants will merely talk past one another.

I think there are enough BB old-timers and die-hards, people with deep experience and a scientific mind, on this forum to question or confirm the contents of this rant by the OP via objective benchmarks. I'll venture the hypothesis that the OP is off track, but I personally don't have the depth of experience to claim that with more than a gut feeling. Curious to see if anyone else does.

Posted via CB10
    nabeel-bb-user likes this.
    12-21-16 01:46 PM
    Oooooookkkkkk!

Posted via CB10
    nabeel-bb-user likes this.
    12-21-16 03:07 PM
    Of course, you can't discount the Dunning–Kruger effect where people's perception of their own productivity is concerned.
    Laura Knotek, DrBoomBotz and TGR1 like this.
    12-21-16 03:08 PM
    BBHermes, there is really good explanation of the word - https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/productive

The truth is there are things you can do faster, better, easier on BB10 than any other, thus bringing the productivity up. Emails, typing, multitasking, file management, just to name few.

Now, lets leave the apps gap aside, it's not a result of the OS limitation.

Posted via CB10
    12-21-16 03:36 PM
    First of all, when we talk about productivity, there's quantity and quality that matters.
    A telephone is to talk period:
    -You can do calls with a flip phone/a BlackBerry/an iPhone/an Android phone/a Windows phone
    -The difference with a BB is that the call quality is SUPERIOR to other cell phones because it's close to the quality of a landline phone.
    -We agree that in terms of quantity, you can do as many calls as you want with any of the previously listed devices.
    -Knowing that productivity is determined by quantity and quality, in terms of calls, a BlackBerry would be more productive.

A smartphone by definition is a cellular phone that performs many of the functions of a computer:
    -typically having a touchscreen interface
    -Internet access
    -an operating system capable of running downloaded applications

-A BB10 phone, an iPhone, an Android and a Windows phone all have touchscreen interfaces.
    Matter of fact, many love BB Flow
    -they all have internet access
    Matter of fact, nobody could name me a website that doesn't open on their BB Classic
    -they are all capable of running downloaded applications:
    -Even though there's less apps in the BlackBerry world, native BB10 apps work!
    -BB10 is actually special because it even supports Android applications which ARE NOT native to BB10 through emulation while iOS stick with iOS apps, Android stick with Android apps and Windows sitck with Windows App. BB is a real bad b*tch!

-iOS have MANY HQ apps
    -Android have even more APPS but they are not all High Quality ones
    -Windows Phone have many apps which are okay (less than iOS & Android but more than BB)
    -BlackBerry has less native apps which are HQ

In terms of using your phone like a computer:
    -There's too many restrictions with iOS & Windows phones
    -Android offers more freedom followed by BB10

SO CONCLUSION:
    -You're more productive with a BB in terms of calls
    -You're more productive with a BB when it comes to the touchscreen interface
    -You're as productive with a BB when it comes to internet access
    -You're more productive with an iOS when it comes to apps
    -You have more freedom with an Android

Which is more productive? It depends what we're talking about.
    All I know is that the basic function of a phone is to talk
    The Blackberry Productivity Myth-3-512.png
    Q10Bold likes this.
    12-21-16 03:45 PM
    BBHermes, there is really good explanation of the word - https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/productive

The truth is there are things you can do faster, better, easier on BB10 than any other, thus bringing the productivity up. Emails, typing, multitasking, file management, just to name few.

Now, lets leave the apps gap aside, it's not a result of the OS limitation.

Posted via CB10
    See that is the thing. Its all a personal preference thing. For you those are more productive on your BB10 phone perhaps but again that is just you. Others might find file management better on android. Maybe even an email app with even more features. I like swipe style keyboards and bb10 keyboard lacks that feature so for me I wasn't more efficient with bb10 keyboard. Thats why this type of discussion really has no one answer, its all just personal preference.
    Last edited by howarmat; 12-21-16 at 10:29 PM.
    12-21-16 04:23 PM
    Things that I've noticed magically do not count towards any productivity metric:

• the time it takes to secure wipe a device because it isn't acting right
    • any time spent patching apps or other workarounds
    • time we all spend here on CB
    12-21-16 05:55 PM
    -The difference with a BB is that the call quality is SUPERIOR to other cell phones because it's close to the quality of a landline phone.
    [citation needed]

-Knowing that productivity is determined by quantity and quality, in terms of calls, a BlackBerry would be more productive.
    That does not follow, because your assertion of superior call quality is completely unsupported by evidence.

-A BB10 phone, an iPhone, an Android and a Windows phone all have touchscreen interfaces.
    Matter of fact, many love BB Flow
    Matter of opinion. There's a difference.

-BB10 is actually special because it even supports Android applications which ARE NOT native to BB10 through emulation
    Sure, using an outdated, buggy emulation layer, which requires patching many apps, and will continue to get worse over time.

In terms of using your phone like a computer:
    -There's too many restrictions with iOS & Windows phones
    What restrictions, specifically? Also, define "too many."

SO CONCLUSION:
    -You're more productive with a BB in terms of calls
    -You're more productive with a BB when it comes to the touchscreen interface
    [citation needed]
    12-21-16 06:14 PM
    -Let's take the cheapest BB10 device: a Q5, in this review it says "callers sound clear & detailed"
    -Let's take the Classic, in this review it says "Not only did the calls sound extremely clear, but people on the other end said I sounded like I was calling from a landline."
    -Let's take the Passport, in this review it says that "call quality is INSANE"

so yeah...I believe call quality is superior with BlackBerry
    12-21-16 06:34 PM
    The word 'productivity' has both an objective and a subjective sense. So yes, it is possible that someone *thinks* that, e.g. ,iOS is more productive when it *actually* is not. Productivity cannot be reduced to mere subjective preference.

Unless and until i) 'productive' is clearly defined, and ii) objective benchmarks are established and measured in a reasonable manner, then this thread will shed little-to-no light on the matter; and most participants will merely talk past one another.

I think there are enough BB old-timers and die-hards, people with deep experience and a scientific mind, on this forum to question or confirm the contents of this rant by the OP via objective benchmarks. I'll venture the hypothesis that the OP is off track, but I personally don't have the depth of experience to claim that with more than a gut feeling. Curious to see if anyone else does.

Posted via CB10
    As an old-timer, blah blah blah, I can confirm very objectively that you mythed the point. I propose to you this...

Virtually everything scientific is subjective, and can be dis-proven just as easily as it was proven. Just ask Stephen Hawking.
    jefbeard911, TGR1, john_v and 4 others like this.
    12-21-16 10:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    3 points:

1. Productivity is not subjective. You MAY be using the word subjectively, but it's not. It either takes me 2 minutes to do something or it takes me an hour. One is a productive use of my time, the other, in light of a better method, is a waste of time.

2. You're reading way too much into this. If we need a dictionary to define what's subjective vs. Objective we've already lost. It takes me 1 minute to go from taking a picture on my Android phone to being able to see and edit it on my laptop (Google Photos) vs. 15+ minutes on my Passport (auto upload to MEGA because Dropbox and OneDrive don't autoupload reliably from the Passport), then upload from MEGA to GooglePhotos. -This IS NOT productive.

3. sat�ire
    ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/
    noun
    the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

The post was satire. I love my Passport, warts and all.

Cheers

BigBadWulf and Mecca EL like this.
    12-21-16 11:00 PM
    3 points:

1. Productivity is not subjective. You MAY be using the word subjectively, but it's not. It either takes me 2 minutes to do something or it takes me an hour. One is a productive use of my time, the other, in light of a better method, is a waste of time.

2. You're reading way too much into this. If we need a dictionary to define what's subjective vs. Objective we've already lost. It takes me 1 minute to go from taking a picture on my Android phone to being able to see and edit it on my laptop (Google Photos) vs. 15+ minutes on my Passport (auto upload to MEGA because Dropbox and OneDrive don't autoupload reliably from the Passport), then upload from MEGA to GooglePhotos. -This IS NOT productive.

3. sat�ire
    ˈsaˌtī(ə)r/
    noun
    the use of humor, irony, exaggeration, or ridicule to expose and criticize people's stupidity or vices, particularly in the context of contemporary politics and other topical issues.

The post was satire. I love my Passport, warts and all.

Cheers

On 2 & 3 we're in complete agreement, but on 1 I'll give you a productive, subjective example. You just had an incredible interview for a highly sought after job. It's something you've dreamed of. Do you knock out a quick email of thanks, which takes all of one minute on your Passport, or put pen to paper, stuff it in an envelope, lick a stamp and mail that baby out? Of course the person you send it to may or may not appreciate the hand written note more, and they may make a decision before receiving it. It's all subjective which is more productive.
    12-21-16 11:30 PM
87 123 ...