Put that emergency button visible after unlock like apple or android.
    BlackBerry emergency button right above the unlock button. My self accidentally dial emergency twice and three time my sons

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 05:01 PM
    The larger the buttom, the easier to hit it by accident (specially ****/pocket dialling).

Just saying.
    TrueKulcha likes this.
    10-29-14 05:11 PM
    If it is only available AFTER unlock, it would defeat the purpose of the Emergency button which is to allow an emergency call even when the phone is locked. Also, be careful when pushing buttons. I've used a Z10 since release and have never once hit that button. There's a LOT of space between them...
    10-29-14 05:35 PM
    It's there on the lock screen in the US. Way back when I got three phone calls from my local police because I accidentally dialed using it in my pocket. The last officer said well just lock it will you, and of course I said it was. Never had that issue since my first leak. I was on the original 10.0 that came with the VZW Z10 at the time.

I think it's fine the way it is now. Always familiarize yourself with any communication device you have. Just in case you do have to dial out an EM call.

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 12:40 AM
    Get a case, just in case.
    10-30-14 10:42 AM
    Yup, same on iPhone, it's some law saying all phones (even those not activated on your plan) have to be able to dial 911
    As long as the phone is able to send a signal, it is required to be permitted connection to 911. Does not need a SIM or activation of any kind on ANY network. US and Canada at least.
    10-30-14 05:18 PM
    U know how iphone unlock button,
    Basically, after u swipe right you get a prompt for password n option to emergency. Unlock swipe basically avoid accidentally dial,

But if we look at BlackBerry unlock screen have password n emergency. There's no eextra layer like iphone

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 05:40 PM
    Ok, I'm confused on how this happens by accident.
    On my Q10, I have to swipe up to bring up the password entry area and the emergency call button. If I tap on emergency, it asks me to enter an emergency telephone number. That's a few kinda complicated steps before being able to call.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1052
    10-30-14 08:00 PM
    Ok, I'm confused on how this happens by accident.
    On my Q10, I have to swipe up to bring up the password entry area and the emergency call button. If I tap on emergency, it asks me to enter an emergency telephone number. That's a few kinda complicated steps before being able to call.

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1052
    I'm glad they changed it. It used to pop up a dialog asking yes or no (to call) and my sister did by accident while we were out of town.

Now, it's impossible to dial by accident!

Posted via CB10
    10-30-14 08:08 PM
    I'm glad they changed it. It used to pop up a dialog asking yes or no (to call) and my sister did by accident while we were out of town.

Now, it's impossible to dial by accident!

Posted via CB10
    Ok, so it is a change since 10.3 if not earlier. To be honest, I never tried to make an emergency call before

Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.1052
    10-31-14 01:56 PM
    My phone (Z30) has accidently dialed 911 three times in the past two months, all while I'm talking on the phone, on another call. Phone held close to my ear.

No idea what is triggering the calls.

Of course I cancel the call immediately, even before it connects, but then the police call back anyway to confirm if there is an emergency.

This time, after apologizing profusely, the officer asked if I was using a Blackberry. Apparently there is a very high rate of false calls coming in from BlackBerry's.

Something is going on here that needs to be fixed!

Posted via my Z30
    12-16-14 12:41 PM
    My phone (Z30) has accidently dialed 911 three times in the past two months, all while I'm talking on the phone, on another call. Phone held close to my ear.

No idea what is triggering the calls.

Of course I cancel the call immediately, even before it connects, but then the police call back anyway to confirm if there is an emergency.

This time, after apologizing profusely, the officer asked if I was using a Blackberry. Apparently there is a very high rate of false calls coming in from BlackBerry's.

Something is going on here that needs to be fixed!

Posted via my Z30
    I've had my Z10 for 2 years and never accidentally dialed 911...

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    12-16-14 12:51 PM
    I did it a lot on the initial release of a q10. Had the police call me a few times. It's been addressed for a while

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 03:44 AM
    I've had my Z10 for 2 years and never accidentally dialed 911...

Posted via CB10
    Same here I've had a BlackBerry 10 phone since release day (z10, z30, passport) and I've never called

Posted via CB10
    12-21-14 06:51 AM