BlackBerry please remove the option to press submit to unlock the cell or make it option or editable in settings. Like the ios, ofcourse ios don't have options to edit this feature.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 03:01 PM
    Now that would be cool but it would compromise security... I think. Wouldn't it?

It works if your code has always the same amount of digits. But if it doesn't, then auto acceptance would help someone break in..

Posted via CB10
    10-26-14 03:20 PM
    Why not use Picture Password? Move your chosen number onto the right part of the picture and you're instantly unlocked.
    10-26-14 03:29 PM
    Picture password with a set lock time is pretty easy and secure.

CB10 - Passport
    10-26-14 03:56 PM
    I agree with OP but better than IOS, don't tie it to only four digits, make it five digits or six digits

Posted via CB10
    dikkr likes this.
    10-26-14 06:02 PM
    Should always have a submit when entering in a password. It doesn't know the size of the password and shouldn't check data entry. That is a security hole. For the password entry to actually know the password allows for a security hole. The password when pressing submit should pass the password to a security module to check the password against an encrypted password.

The OP's idea is bad in terms of security.

The digit password is already a bad idea and I disable it for any Blackberry device that is in my MDM.
    10-26-14 07:42 PM
    Good point Blue... Not to mention how many people would end up wiping their phones in their pocket
    der_mit likes this.
    10-26-14 07:44 PM
    Picture password with a set lock time is pretty easy and secure.

CB10 - Passport
    Certainly secure but not as quick, convenient (easy) as a pass code for unlocking

Posted from my z10
    10-26-14 07:46 PM
    Good point Blue... Not to mention how many people would end up wiping their phones in their pocket
    That won't happen in any way, after 5 entries you are required to type BlackBerry to continue so wiping your phone won't be a problem, besides it's not like we all have our BlackBerry10 phones typing digits in our pockets as we speak.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 04:05 AM
    I don't think picture password is that secure. There is still that odd chance that a random swipe could unlock it.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 05:42 AM
    I don't think picture password is that secure. There is still that odd chance that a random swipe could unlock it.
    The success can only be random as, even if someone is looking, no predictive pattern will emerge. With 10 tries ? You have a better chance to find a PIN password (0.02% chance to find a 4 PIN password to be exact). Can you compute the number of vectors available on the Picture Password screen ?

Of course, it depends on the picture you choose. If it has only one point of interest, you screwed
    10-27-14 05:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Even if they do get it by mistake most people think that they know the code because it worked so they will let it lock again and bam they are locked out

Z30STA100-3/10.2.1.3289
    10-27-14 06:25 AM
    BlackBerry, hurry up and add smart card reader to your BB10 lineup, like pre OS 10 devices. Let me unlock my device using an NFC chip in my watch strap or on a key fob.
    peednus likes this.
    10-27-14 06:47 AM
    They really need to fix this, as of years ago... no security excuses, corporate policies would override that anyways.

Posted via CB10
    NtotheK likes this.
    10-27-14 01:33 PM
    How to use picture password? I don't see any option for that, using q10 os 10.2

I'm using exchange email and annoyed to set password as a "must do"

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 01:43 PM
    They really need to fix this, as of years ago... no security excuses, corporate policies would override that anyways.

Posted via CB10
    What needs to be fixed? No submit? That is insecure.
    10-27-14 01:59 PM
    Far as I know, all iOS passwords are simple 4 character, so it knows when you've entered your last. Blackberry can be any length, so it can't know until you hit submit.

The end.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 02:08 PM
    How to use picture password? I don't see any option for that, using q10 os 10.2

I'm using exchange email and annoyed to set password as a "must do"
    Settings->Security and Privacy->Device Password

Device Passport ON/OFF
    Picture Password ON/OFF

Change Picture Password <--- select this to set it
    10-27-14 02:25 PM
    That won't happen in any way, after 5 entries you are required to type BlackBerry to continue so wiping your phone won't be a problem, besides it's not like we all have our BlackBerry10 phones typing digits in our pockets as we speak.

Posted via CB10
    That's valid. I have heard people complain of pocket dialing, texting etc. though.. Either way. It's been explained fairly well why this can't ever happen
    10-27-14 02:33 PM
    Settings->Security and Privacy->Device Password

Device Passport ON/OFF
    Picture Password ON/OFF

Change Picture Password <--- select this to set it
    No option for that, I even can't turn off the device password, I guess it's locked by exchange, same as on android, forced to use device password

BlackBerry please make lock simple.-img_20141028_024251.png

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 02:44 PM
    The success can only be random as, even if someone is looking, no predictive pattern will emerge. With 10 tries ? You have a better chance to find a PIN password (0.02% chance to find a 4 PIN password to be exact). Can you compute the number of vectors available on the Picture Password screen ?

Of course, it depends on the picture you choose. If it has only one point of interest, you screwed
    I've calculated the probability of randomly guessing picture password. It's about 1%. Search through my old posts.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 02:56 PM
    No option for that, I even can't turn off the device password, I guess it's locked by exchange, same as on android, forced to use device password

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141028_024251.png 
Views:	516 
Size:	60.6 KB 
ID:	309841

Posted via CB10
    Locked by BES.
    10-27-14 03:07 PM
    BlackBerry, hurry up and add smart card reader to your BB10 lineup, like pre OS 10 devices. Let me unlock my device using an NFC chip in my watch strap or on a key fob.
    Do you mean this?

BlackBerry please make lock simple.-img_20141027_160709.png

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 03:07 PM
    As evidenced by all the educated responses: BlackBerry clearly knows what they're doing and have already thought of all this.

The only way this could work is there were a four-digit password toggle that brought up an iOS-like numberpad on the screen. This could be available to people who are not concerned with security so much as preventing their friends from unlocking their phone or something.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 03:13 PM
    I've calculated the probability of randomly guessing picture password. It's about 1%. Search through my old posts.

Posted via CB10
    Link? I'm not sure how that is possible.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-14 03:13 PM
67 123