Since the OP will not divulge if they are running Dev releases vs. official Blackberry OTA releases, I declare this thread filed in the Miscellaneous Gripe category.

How in the name of all that is good are we to know if this is just a corrupted phone image, some sort of user-injected installation error, or truly a blackberry issue? I see there are many Z10 owners here saying these problems are non-existent, and as a Z10 owner myself I have none of these.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    04-16-15 11:17 AM
    Not everyone is as special as you to get the newest and greatest. They are still complaining about it because its the BB10 device they are using. Regardless if BB is giving it away or not its running bb10
    Someone didn't have their coffee this morning..what I said is they are complaining about a battery that was up to standards 2 years ago, and no longer is up to speed. I didn't suggest "the latest and greatest device", I suggested a year and a half old device (the Z30) that would at very least solve their battery issue.

Some folks will complain for the sake of complaining.

So let's see your suggestion how to resolve the OP's other issues because only a hardware upgrade is going to resolve the battery. On second thought...save your breath...others in this thread have offered plenty of suggestions for the OP.

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    der_mit likes this.
    04-16-15 11:59 AM
    Is Sachesi<sp?> a supported maintenance tool?
    Does it need to be?

D3C0D3R likes this.
    04-16-15 12:00 PM
    Just a fourth night back we purchased two Z30, As i had to catch train after 3/4 hrs so i opted Sachesi route for updating CoreOS+Radio . Everything went fine but when we stared using both phones surprisingly both phones keyboards were not working.
    As i was in train by then so first i tried with Device Wipe no change then re installation of both files and now phone started giving more problem with heat too.
    Finally Auto loader corrected my Z30 and service center of Delhi repaired another one.
    It was classic case of Bad Install. In pair in fact.
    Explaining that an issue occurred is not the same as explaining why the issue occurred. All you said there was, "it happens because it happens".

I'm not picking on you by saying this, just making an observation.

The people on this site who believe in the tech superstitions of "bad install" and "the OS needs time to settle" never back up such claims with actual data, such as error logs or even error messages. It's all tech voodoo nonsense almost exclusively.

BlackBerry/RIM is partly to blame though, as they refuse root level access to device owners; When errors occur there isn't much that can be done other than reloading the OS, with the general logic that it's supposed to work, so it probably will eventually. Having root access would allow people to read error logs and actually fix configuration problems based upon actual facts. It's what we do in the Linux community.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    04-16-15 01:15 PM
    if anyone says Z10 didn't have duplicate contacts issue, you must be dreaming and not going through all the OS updates from the beginning. Even the Q10 had that problem. By default it would have that problem and it has been reported so many times on this forum. Do some searches on this forum and have a read. There is a solution to it too and that would ofcourse fix the duplicate contacts problems. I'm not even sure if this problem has been fixed because I followed the workaround found on this forum long ago.
    Some of you are acting worse than iSheeps! Disgusting.
    I guess I am a dreamer. Never had duplicate contacts issue.
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-16-15 03:01 PM
    That drives me insane! One of the big reasons I left the Z10 for a Q10. Without prediction, typing on screen is slower than typing old-school Bold style, but leaving prediction on, after several months, made me want to smash the Z10.

""
    No, you piece of ****, I meant "of" not "on"!!!
    ""
    Was something I thought many times a day...

*deep breath*

Seriously, it made me hate using the thing. Never had that issue with my Curve or Bold (or Q10 now).

Incidentally, I agree with all the other things you kindly took the time to write as well. After... 7 or so years with BlackBerry, once I get tired of this Q10 I will be moving on. I just don't like where BlackBerry went.
    See ya...Don't let the door hit you on the way out...
    04-16-15 03:03 PM
    And where is OP?
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-16-15 03:08 PM
    Yeah! BlackBerry please fix the OS so I can turn off the android runtime if I want to! Now that would be very cool. Wonder how long that boot time would be with out it!
    04-16-15 03:16 PM
    And where is OP?

04-16-15 03:17 PM
    And where is OP?
    It's not hard to find something better to do than interact with a bunch of obnoxious BlackBerry fanbois. So emotional around here lol...
    04-16-15 03:20 PM
    It's not hard to find something better to do than interact with a bunch of obnoxious BlackBerry fanbois. So emotional around here lol...
    What's happening this afternoon.?
    04-16-15 03:32 PM
    Does it need to be?

Yes.
    04-16-15 05:13 PM
    Then why are you still here? Go join OP and find something better to do as well.
    Some suggestions
    1. Hang around free spirit "computer enthusiasts", aka as Linux fanboys, trying to figure out how to make things work which otherwise work just fine on other OSs.
    2. Root an Android phone to find out why it's battery lasts only half a day.
    3. Compile all the things that do not work on other trolls' blackberries and create another useless thread.
    4. Change avatar that has what looks like an Android phone in it.

I can continue, but I am getting too emotional.
    Last edited by Russkii33; 04-16-15 at 05:44 PM.
    habs_fan and Carjackd like this.
    04-16-15 05:26 PM
    Yes.
    Why? There is better support right here on CB...if someone wants to listen

04-16-15 06:02 PM

Forget it, just answered my own question

04-16-15 06:03 PM
    The camera sucks so bad on my Z30.

I want the slider but I hope BlackBerry uses decent camera in it. It can't get any worse no matter what company you use.
    Tried every phone camera out there have you?

Lots of sweeping, all encompassing statements on these forums ...
    04-16-15 06:07 PM

You may actually be correct that the support here is better than that offered by Blackberry, "bad update" pixies and all.
    04-16-15 06:54 PM
    You may actually be correct that the support here is better than that offered by Blackberry, "bad update" pixies and all.
    No, I was completely wrong about that because people don't want to listen. Have I mentioned that my OS is silky smooth and no issues?

04-16-15 07:03 PM
    Change avatar that has what looks like an Android phone in it.
    Meet the stylish and sexy Xperia Neo, circa 2011. To me it is the antithesis to the boring rectangles we have these days.

In the last week or so I have looked at virtually every current phone on the market and almost all of them are rectangles or a rectangle with slightly rounded corners. BlackBerry Classic and Passport are about as unique and stylish as it gets these days.

Now the Xperia Neo is also a rectangle, but at least it manages to pull of some uniqueness, style, and ergonomics in the process. It also wasn't enormous like almost all phones are today.

I put her up there to admire. If only they still made phones that sexy...
    Attachment 347844
    04-16-15 07:29 PM
    Z10 belongs to trash bin. Next...
    04-16-15 10:53 PM
    Explaining that an issue occurred is not the same as explaining why the issue occurred. All you said there was, "it happens because it happens".

I'm not picking on you by saying this, just making an observation.

The people on this site who believe in the tech superstitions of "bad install" and "the OS needs time to settle" never back up such claims with actual data, such as error logs or even error messages. It's all tech voodoo nonsense almost exclusively.

BlackBerry/RIM is partly to blame though, as they refuse root level access to device owners; When errors occur there isn't much that can be done other than reloading the OS, with the general logic that it's supposed to work, so it probably will eventually. Having root access would allow people to read error logs and actually fix configuration problems based upon actual facts. It's what we do in the Linux community.
    Man you are so misinformed..

This isn't "tech voodoo."

This stuff has been explained all over the forums, apparently you're just one to jump the gun and assume nothing is answered because you didn't want to search..

Just a couple quick examples:
    1. Bad Install.
    This is the absolute most basic of troubles that you're pretty na�ve to assume is just tech talk. Installs mess up and some files either become corrupted over time, have improper read/write permissions due to the OS being used and on at the time of the update, fragmentation, and numerous other key factors in play.

This happens with any OS, and if you want a great example of the "Big Boys" who this "doesn't happen to," take a look at Apple with their recent rollouts. They've been bugfilled and disastrous because they tested their OS on fresh installs, not upgrade-installs, and it ended up disabling communication abilities on some devices, and in a few cases, corrupted the OS's entirely.

It happens to every company, and it's an issue with the software generation where you're making the devices self-updating.

2. The OS needing time to settle
    While technically untrue, it is actually completely true. Let me try to explain for you like many others have here on CB:

The OS installs/upgrades, and there are important services installed. These services, once started, need to configure themselves to work with your current OS configuration and settings, which can take some time depending on the complexity of the service. It follows that it will organize all local content as it sees fit for its new configuration. This is then followed by it downloading any important files (i.e. emails, syncing contacts, calender, etc.), and it is done in a way that it minimally impacts the user and compresses files to leave as little footprint as possible, meaning it takes a while. This can take up to a week depending on if it's a fresh install (those take longer since it's got a lot to download for some people) or upgrade, and could even be just a few hours.

Seeee how much you can learn by searching about the topic?

To your second part, giving users root level access is one of the.. silliest ideas I've heard in a while, topped only by the last time I heard this suggestion. BlackBerry prides itself on its security, meaning no tampering with core-level files.

While BlackBerry may not directly support it, many core OS issues are able to be resolved by simply using Sachesi to overwrite the core bar files in question (or all of them) via Blitz packages (or just normal bar installation). This is the way I've resolved some tampering I've even done with the core files that left me without a virtual keyboard on the Z10 (and a helpful learning experience not to hard-reset the phone right after updating it!). It's easy, doesn't take more than a half-hour, and leaves me with all of my content.

I know this is the generation where everything should "just work", but as things become more complex and situations become more and more specific to the exact parameters each user experiences, the customers need to wake up and try to use Google a little more often..

Just my opinion on all this �\_(ツ)_/�

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2708
    Carjackd, der_mit and Uzi like this.
    04-16-15 10:57 PM
    While I'm a BlackBerry fan but now that my disappointment is just increasing and increasing.

I find these below things quite annoying and wish BlackBerry to fix it asap,

- startup time... very very long. Once it loads up, hub loading and phone app loading takes a good time to get ready for use.

- Battery life sucks for Z10 especially if you have android apps. Don't tell me to blame android app or os coz it runs well on android phone that I have and also doesn't eat up that much battery

- Network - mobile goes for a toss like seen in attached pic. And real time switching between 3G and 2G is not great. Wifi range issue is known to.

- phone app so half baked and it just takes forever to connect or disconnect calls. Also it does not sync with contacts well . Also api needed for Truecaller. They are ready to make an app.

- contacts app - duplication, poor social integration and slow to load.

- keyboard. It some times become so heavy that swiping words feels laggy. Also predictions are no more that good. They seem to some time correct a right word with wrong

- Camera shots especially during low light and dark conditions are terrible. Be it any device.

- search assistant is so slow to open and respond. Missing old search functionality.

- browser is just so heavy and is not designed as cascades.

- Brightness at low level does not feel that bright which BlackBerry used to give

- headless functions are not working well. Ask any developer. It is just so a task. One of the reasons developers are not making apps.

- how to use active frames actually still quite unclear.

- more email functions. Just imagine can't even mark a mail as junk and no option to edit the signature the wat we want.

Probably they themselves can't see these or are just not wanting to fix them.

Posted via CB10
    Having recently switched from Android back to Blackberry I can understand a couple things but I think your blowing them up to be bigger than they are.

1. The start up time, Yes its longer than IOS or Android but how often do you really turn off your phone? For me its always on or charging rarely ever turned off.

2. The Contact Duplication, Having recently switched phones I did notice that it would create different contacts with the same name for BBM, Twitter, Phone #. It took some time but it was a simple fix. It would be a nice plus though if Blackberry could make that work a bit better but its not as big of a problem as you suggested.

3. It sounds like most of your problems are related to your Z10 being outdated. I would suggest upgrading when you can to either the Z30 or Slider if you can wait it out. Any phone you get is going to be laggy 30 - 36 months after the release date when its upgraded to the newest OS version.
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    04-16-15 11:44 PM
    I guess I am a dreamer. Never had duplicate contacts issue.
    I'm not sure if you are joking or not but I think you must have had some Blackberry holy spirit water :J
    04-16-15 11:47 PM
    - startup time... very very long. Once it loads up, hub loading and phone app loading takes a good time to get ready for use.
    True. Luckily we don't have to restart too often, but yeah this has annoyed me too.
    - Battery life sucks for Z10 especially if you have android apps. Don't tell me to blame android app or os coz it runs well on android phone that I have and also doesn't eat up that much battery
    Eh, mine's not too bad. Not good but about as expected for a phone with a small battery.
    - Network - mobile goes for a toss like seen in attached pic. And real time switching between 3G and 2G is not great. Wifi range issue is known to.
    - phone app so half baked and it just takes forever to connect or disconnect calls. Also it does not sync with contacts well . Also api needed for Truecaller. They are ready to make an app.
    Not an issue for me.
    - contacts app - duplication, poor social integration and slow to load.
    This is an issue for me. Not duplication but sometimes, it'll just lose a lot of contacts. So half my contact list will disappear. It comes back in a few hours, but you can see why this is very frustrating. One day I'll just notice all my text messages are listed as phone numbers. And if I look for that person in my contacts list, if they appear at all (half the time they're not even in there), they will have no phone number.
    - keyboard. It some times become so heavy that swiping words feels laggy. Also predictions are no more that good. They seem to some time correct a right word with wrong
    I have the second part of this all the time. Make the wrong typo enough times and it'll correct the right word to the typo. "Jow" corrects the word "now" more often than I'd like. I've had it correct words into typos many times. To be fair, Swiftkey on Android does this sometimes too.
    - Camera shots especially during low light and dark conditions are terrible. Be it any device.
    Anyone that would argue this has never used another phone. The camera is terrible in any situation other than great lighting. Admittedly the HTC One has good low light capabilities, but I recently compared the two in slightly dim conditions. The Z10 it was pretty much a black spot where you can barely make out the shape of a table leg. The HTC One had a slighly grainy picture where you can clearly see everything. If you don't think it's fair to compare the two, I did a test along time ago vs an iPhone and Galaxy phone and the Z10 lost badly.
    - search assistant is so slow to open and respond. Missing old search functionality.

- browser is just so heavy and is not designed as cascades.

- Brightness at low level does not feel that bright which BlackBerry used to give

- headless functions are not working well. Ask any developer. It is just so a task. One of the reasons developers are not making apps.
    Haven't had any issues with these.

- how to use active frames actually still quite unclear.
    They're fine, just all in all not very useful. It's an interesting idea, but like Microsoft's Live Tiles, they're useful in theory but generally not too useful in practice. It works great for Music and for "Remember" but the other stuff I don't find it very useful.

- more email functions. Just imagine can't even mark a mail as junk and no option to edit the signature the wat we want.
    I edited my signature just fine. Marking mail as junk is tough because different mail carriers handle it differently I think.
    04-17-15 01:12 AM
    Tried every phone camera out there have you?

Lots of sweeping, all encompassing statements on these forums ...
    The camera on the Z30 SUCKS. Yes it's a sweeping and all encompassing statement. The only thing you can say about my statement is that maybe it doesn't belong in this thread because the thread is talking about the OS.

I don't need to have tried every phone out there to know that the camera is a POS that can't focus close up on anything, or on bar codes, or anything else at any distance unless under outdoor and pristine conditions. God forbid an object is in motion. And most people don't have 1/2 an hour to set up a shot. I want a camera that "just works". And I shouldn't have to switch to android to get this. BlackBerry needs to wake the hell up.

They need to use a decent camera next time out. For the first time in their rotted, fetid, camera history.

How's that for a statement??

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.1.2708 / T-Mobile USA
    Last edited by Doggerz; 04-17-15 at 07:08 AM.
    Tatwi likes this.
    04-17-15 06:46 AM
152 ... 23456 ...