Attachment 347671

z30sta100-2/10.3.2.281
    That's pretty much what I've been doing through-out this entire thread

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    D3C0D3R and Uzi like this.
    04-15-15 09:18 PM
    Okay, I'm going to pick one item specifically...

- startup time... very very long. Once it loads up, hub loading and phone app loading takes a good time to get ready for use.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly how long are we talking about?

Why do people choose to complain about long start up time, yet they almost never tell us what the actual boot up (which is what it really is) time is.

My Z10 takes all of one minute and 20 seconds to be fully functional. Then another 15 seconds for the Hub to fill up and be ready with my home IMAP email and work Exchange account.

Is a total of 1:35 really that long?

Times of 3-5 minutes is long. My old 9800 used to take a good 3 minutes to boot up. My old Pearl 8100? Closer to 4 and a half... those are long times.

If your BB10 phone takes that long, do have a SIM lock?

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 09:22 PM
    If your Z10 is 2 years old with short battery life then the battery may be on its last legs and you should just get a new one before writing the phone off.
    lift and Carjackd like this.
    04-15-15 09:25 PM
    The only issue I now have with my 27 month Z10 is the phone app. With 10.3 it is really slow to connect. I end up yelling and frustrated when it finally connects .

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 09:56 PM
    The only issue I now have with my 27 month Z10 is the phone app. With 10.3 it is really slow to connect. I end up yelling and frustrated when it finally connects .

Posted via CB10
    That's not a hardware issue, it's a software issue that I'm sure will be fixed in some future release.
    04-15-15 10:28 PM
    i love it when people expect a damn cell phone to take top notch slr pics
    BionicKris and Carjackd like this.
    04-15-15 10:55 PM
    My Nexus 6 has a long start up time because its encrypted. I think there are similar reasons why BB10 is slow on reboot. I'm fine with that. I prefer the trade off.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-15-15 11:11 PM
    Also predictions are no more that good. They seem to some time correct a right word with wrong
    That drives me insane! One of the big reasons I left the Z10 for a Q10. Without prediction, typing on screen is slower than typing old-school Bold style, but leaving prediction on, after several months, made me want to smash the Z10.

""
    No, you piece of ****, I meant "of" not "on"!!!
    ""
    Was something I thought many times a day...

*deep breath*

Seriously, it made me hate using the thing. Never had that issue with my Curve or Bold (or Q10 now).

Incidentally, I agree with all the other things you kindly took the time to write as well. After... 7 or so years with BlackBerry, once I get tired of this Q10 I will be moving on. I just don't like where BlackBerry went.
    04-16-15 12:18 AM
    I am sorry OP you are having so many issues .wipe your phone and do a clean OS update. Or get a different phone. I have had a Z10 and now Z30 both work well for me. The only 2 issues I had were duplicate contacts when I first got my Z10 and the music app when I put my music on my Z10.my album art was a mess. But once I sync my contacts only with my outlook email my contacts are fine no duplicates.the music I chose to first fix my Id tags and added album art manually on my PC then transfer all my music from that file on my PC to SD card all is fine.i update my Z30 OS frequently both with carrier and leaks each OS improves with each version.i am very happy with my Z30.I am running the latest leak.no problems here.
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-16-15 12:48 AM
    While I'm a BlackBerry fan but now that my disappointment is just increasing and increasing.

I find these below things quite annoying and wish BlackBerry to fix it asap,

- startup time... very very long. Once it loads up, hub loading and phone app loading takes a good time to get ready for use.
    Security checks, file checks, software check .... if your phone has lots of data, typically loads longer
    My passport on the first boot up take some time, now it loads OK (still average compare to my iPhone) but i've see worse on android

- Battery life sucks for Z10 especially if you have android apps. Don't tell me to blame android app or os coz it runs well on android phone that I have and also doesn't eat up that much battery
    'Android'. Need no explaination

- Network - mobile goes for a toss like seen in attached pic. And real time switching between 3G and 2G is not great. Wifi range issue is known to.
    No issue with me. in the bottom floor of my place usually have the worst signal in my place (wifi and network). My iPhone games will lost connection and my Youtube on Andorid will stop loading. So far haven had issue with my Passport (call, sms, surfing OK, not sure on gaming)

- phone app so half baked and it just takes forever to connect or disconnect calls. Also it does not sync with contacts well . Also api needed for Truecaller. They are ready to make an app.
    No issue with calls

- contacts app - duplication, poor social integration and slow to load.
    Just link them together, select which account you want to sync and hide the rest

- keyboard. It some times become so heavy that swiping words feels laggy. Also predictions are no more that good. They seem to some time correct a right word with wrong
    No comment
    - Camera shots especially during low light and dark conditions are terrible. Be it any device.
    Personal preference, very subjective word choice 'terrible'. 'be it any device' lol

- search assistant is so slow to open and respond. Missing old search functionality.
    i doesnt respond that quickly in my Passport as well especially the first button pressed. Once enter, all is well

- browser is just so heavy and is not designed as cascades.
    Throned the best browser for some time now

- Brightness at low level does not feel that bright which BlackBerry used to give
    Low level brightness and you expect it to be bright?

- headless functions are not working well. Ask any developer. It is just so a task. One of the reasons developers are not making apps.
    Working well for me. Not perfect, but works. My Android sometimes never give me notification for WeChat and Whatsapp until you turn on the app as well.

- how to use active frames actually still quite unclear.
    No use, just a display of information (depends apps).

- more email functions. Just imagine can't even mark a mail as junk and no option to edit the signature the wat we want.
    You can actually edit your signature

Probably they themselves can't see these or are just not wanting to fix them.
    Probably just get an iPhone or Droid
    Posted via CB10
    No phone is perfect!
    gemoelle likes this.
    04-16-15 01:13 AM
    boot times?
    dunno about that. it happens like once a month....

and in general, I presume you got STL100-1 device.
    04-16-15 03:03 AM
    I have a work around for camera : Just use Adobe Photo express Android application to make photos better.
    Yes Android runtime needs update but we can not expect near cent percent Android compatibility.
    The real issue is lack of many popular native applications because BlackBerry is not so active to attract developers.
    Yes poor WiFi is big issue deliberately ignored by BB.
    04-16-15 05:43 AM
    I have a work around for camera : Just use Adobe Photo express Android application to make photos better.
    Yes Android runtime needs update but we can not expect near cent percent Android compatibility.
    The real issue is lack of many popular native applications because BlackBerry is not so active to attract developers.
    You could use any photo editing app, even the built in one to do that but most don't want to have to do that with most every picture they take. It's so weird how so many have this wifi issue yet I haven't had any wifi issues over several leaks yet. The only wifi issues I had was quite awhile ago when the limited connection was popping up.
    04-16-15 05:57 AM
    You could use any photo editing app, even the built in one to do that but most don't want to have to do that with most every picture they take. It's so weird how so many have this wifi issue yet I haven't had any wifi issues over several leaks yet. The only wifi issues I had was quite awhile ago when the limited connection was popping up.
    Just use that application and then feel the difference. The Applications Auto Enhance mode is superb. Try it !!
    Regarding WiFi issue: Closing of both eyes does not disappears Cat.
    The issue is big and real. I have other OS phone too, The N9 (MeeGo) also have poor WiFi antenna but my Z30 is poorest.
    04-16-15 06:09 AM
    They told you this personally, did they?
    D3C0D3R likes this.
    04-16-15 07:35 AM
    Can you add "scrolling" problems to your list? I'm totally pissed every time (and its happening regularly) that the scrolling of the content of emails or whatever doesn't work properly. I think it has something to do with the pictures/images inside the content but I'm not sure. It was like a a slow motion scrolling up and down following the movement of your finger.
    I have another problem but i'll save it for later.
    04-16-15 08:09 AM
    if anyone says Z10 didn't have duplicate contacts issue, you must be dreaming and not going through all the OS updates from the beginning. Even the Q10 had that problem. By default it would have that problem and it has been reported so many times on this forum. Do some searches on this forum and have a read. There is a solution to it too and that would ofcourse fix the duplicate contacts problems. I'm not even sure if this problem has been fixed because I followed the workaround found on this forum long ago.
    Some of you are acting worse than iSheeps! Disgusting.
    Last edited by khoanguyen2010; 04-16-15 at 08:27 AM. Reason: english
    04-16-15 08:21 AM
    Wow!
    I call user error on some of these things!
    Which ones?
    I don't have half these issues.
    So you saying that you do have half of these issues?
    I think you need a reload of your OS.
    If reloading the OS is part of normal maintenance then Blackberry has failed in a profound way.
    04-16-15 08:29 AM
    I used a z10 for a year without issue. Why people are complaining about a device that BB is pretty much giving away now....it's beyond me.
    Not everyone is as special as you to get the newest and greatest. They are still complaining about it because its the BB10 device they are using. Regardless if BB is giving it away or not its running bb10
    04-16-15 08:38 AM
    You know that just because you don't have the issues it doesn't mean they don't exists? I have a Z10 and a Z30, the contact duplication definitely does happen on both of my phones and ALL OS'S I have loaded/have come loaded.
    The fact they exist doesn't also mean that EVERYONE has those issues.

I agree with JD. User error/poor device maintenance is to blame for most of his issues.

Not saying there aren't things to be fixed. BlackBerry is used to get at least one email from me on bugs every week or so.

If reloading the OS is part of normal maintenance then Blackberry has failed in a profound way.
    Just as much as Apple on pretty every update (specially if the device is on the older side of the family.

Surely you've heard the terror tales and people refusing to update/downgrading to a previous version.

Software bugs. Sometimes it's the user, some times it's just a bad install.
    der_mit likes this.
    04-16-15 09:51 AM
    The fact they exist doesn't also mean that EVERYONE has those issues.

I agree with JD. User error/poor device maintenance is to blame for most of his issues.

Not saying there aren't things to be fixed. BlackBerry is used to get at least one email from me on bugs every week or so.
    Again which of his issues are user error and which are device maintenance issues?
    Are you suggesting that reloading the OS is normal care and maintenance for a Blackberry device?
    04-16-15 09:56 AM
    Software bugs. Sometimes it's the user, some times it's just a bad install.
    Tell me about the nature of a "bad install"?
    What causes a bad install?
    04-16-15 10:19 AM
    Tell me about the nature of a "bad install"?
    What causes a bad install?
    Just a fourth night back we purchased two Z30, As i had to catch train after 3/4 hrs so i opted Sachesi route for updating CoreOS+Radio . Everything went fine but when we stared using both phones surprisingly both phones keyboards were not working.
    As i was in train by then so first i tried with Device Wipe no change then re installation of both files and now phone started giving more problem with heat too.
    Finally Auto loader corrected my Z30 and service center of Delhi repaired another one.
    It was classic case of Bad Install. In pair in fact.
    Last edited by Fool Guy; 04-16-15 at 10:48 AM.
    diegonei likes this.
    04-16-15 10:38 AM
    They told you this personally, did they?
    LoL,
    Can't help to Genius!
    04-16-15 10:40 AM
    Is Sachesi<sp?> a supported maintenance tool?
    04-16-15 10:43 AM
152 12345 ...