My takeaway from the OP... Many users seem to expect their 2 to 3 year old devices to perform the same and today's... Two years in technology is a lifetime. I have a first generation IPad ( Have not and will not see an update ever ) ... I do not expect it to work as well as a 3rd gen. For those who have these issues... many have to do with the configuration before the OS update. Had same issue on my Iphone 6 going from different versions of my Apple OS... had to security wipe it as not matter what I did after the update I could get no wifi or LTE Signal.... My solution for the OP would be to back up the device. Do security wipe. Update your OS... Test it before restoring to see if you base OS solves some of your issues. ie. phone call connections etc. if it does do a restore and if the issues pop up it is in your restore files. Problem with "fixing" OS issue is that most do not have the issue so what is to fix. Unlike Apple (attenna gate ) comes to mind. BB had a screen issue reported on the z30 and promptly gave warranty to those with issues. I use Apple as examples as so many seem to make their device issues on some devices... a BB problem.. Sometimes they are.... but many times it is the infamous "end user' error.... Sorry the OP is having these issues. but all devices have end of life and maybe the OP's is there albeit a bit sooner than the OP would like.. this coming from a Shiny Iphone 6 users who blew thew 3 phone in one month that just did not work. OS updates that cut off my phone service for almost a week. Of course the Apple store told me it was not the OS update.....When dealing with technology expect and plan for issues... if you expect smooth sailing on any tech then expect disappointment....
    04-15-15 11:05 AM
    Seems some people got super charged BlackBerry smartphones with OS 11 that they did not have a single issue I have mentioned.

Why I complaint is coz there is lot of mis selling that BlackBerry is doing in terms of android app support and without acknowledging the real issues.

And if according to you guys it is just so perfect then why it is not selling? Just price. I don't think so.

Posted via CB10
    In my humble opinion, and not as a personal attack on you, however you don't appear to be among BlackBerry's target audience of business / enterprise / prosumer based on your reply.

A business user would have responded:

"It seems some people have updated their BlackBerry smartphones, and thus are not experiencing a single issue I have mentioned.

The reason for my concerns is because I feel that BlackBerry is misleading their end users in terms of android app support and without acknowledging the real issues I have previously outlined.

That being said, according to you forum members, if it is just so perfect, then why is it not selling well? Just price. In my opinion, I don't think so. "

In response to yours -

We don't 'got' super charged androids, we HAVE a BlackBerry. 'Lot' is said about Android, however A LOT is said and already known about the Z10's shortcomings, being it their very first BlackBerry 10 OS Phone. Coz android runs their apps better is BECAUSE it's a full android OS. BlackBerry 10 has a runtime and must remap android functions to their BlackBerry equivalent.

If you want to go back to the first Android or first iPhone for that matter and judge them against the Z10 being the first BlackBerry 10 OS device available to the general public, then you'll have a fair comparative. Try your android apps on a Z30 or Passport with the latest update to 10.3.1 and you'll have a leg to stand on. If after having done this, and you're still not satisfied then I can only suggest buy the latest Samsung and be a happier smartphone user.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    BionicKris and ppeters914 like this.
    04-15-15 11:38 AM
    My takeaway from the OP... Many users seem to expect their 2 to 3 year old devices to perform the same and today's... Two years in technology is a lifetime. I have a first generation IPad ( Have not and will not see an update ever ) ... I do not expect it to work as well as a 3rd gen. For those who have these issues... many have to do with the configuration before the OS update. Had same issue on my Iphone 6 going from different versions of my Apple OS... had to security wipe it as not matter what I did after the update I could get no wifi or LTE Signal.... My solution for the OP would be to back up the device. Do security wipe. Update your OS... Test it before restoring to see if you base OS solves some of your issues. ie. phone call connections etc. if it does do a restore and if the issues pop up it is in your restore files. Problem with "fixing" OS issue is that most do not have the issue so what is to fix. Unlike Apple (attenna gate ) comes to mind. BB had a screen issue reported on the z30 and promptly gave warranty to those with issues. I use Apple as examples as so many seem to make their device issues on some devices... a BB problem.. Sometimes they are.... but many times it is the infamous "end user' error.... Sorry the OP is having these issues. but all devices have end of life and maybe the OP's is there albeit a bit sooner than the OP would like.. this coming from a Shiny Iphone 6 users who blew thew 3 phone in one month that just did not work. OS updates that cut off my phone service for almost a week. Of course the Apple store told me it was not the OS update.....When dealing with technology expect and plan for issues... if you expect smooth sailing on any tech then expect disappointment....
    ^^^ my other thoughts I would have added are perfectly echoed by this as well. Thanks.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-15-15 11:40 AM
    Well, without me holding his hand. Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! , Yes And Yes!!

But there you go...now you have some guidance...it's all out there in the forums! Dbmalloy (this member) has given you the coles notes. A member like a few here that have spent time reading the forums. So I believe he has given you some valuable information and I would take advantage of it.

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    jafobabe and GreenCopperz like this.
    04-15-15 11:43 AM
    Okay so if you found the correct OS to work around all these problems, would you care to share that OS with us and the OP so he can have a better experience with his BlackBerry phone?
    I'm personally using PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.281 and I'm having no problems with the device (yes the shutter speed is still not the best). I've also heard really good things about the latest leak of 10.3.1 but I'm not about to downgrade, it's all about moving forward. BTW...there are watermarks within the OS....if you don't like watermarks then the OS is not for you. However, I find the watermarks new and improved and sexy!

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    jafobabe likes this.
    04-15-15 11:47 AM
    My Z10 was the best phone I have ever had until I got my Passport. My Z10 had great battery life and still does. It never lagged on any app, native or not. Contacts, perfect on every official and leaked os. Wifi range was beyond what even my laptop ever got. LTE always, well cept for #DarkNL but you know, a province wide power outage for three days will do that. The onl thing that I ever had an issue was USB Connectivity which I ended up discovering was a problem with my laptop and out dated drivers. My Passport has exceeded everything my Z10 is.
    der_mit and Carjackd like this.
    04-15-15 12:01 PM
    User error on most parts. For one th OP says that the android apps works fine on his android phones, and thinks they should work perfect on BlackBerry? Come on, please use common sense.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd and DarkJoker33 like this.
    04-15-15 12:28 PM
    I did see a lot of this very detailed yet general and uninformed complains popping up in this forum.

BlackBerry is not perfect and 10.3.1 was for me a huge disappointment, but still I'm starting to think trolling is becoming more organized and focused against BB.

That said I agree Z10 battery was never on pair with Z30, but I still find it a perfectly usable device, also with Android apps. Of course if you want to use mostly Android app my suggestion is to buy Android phones.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 12:50 PM
    And if according to you guys it is just so perfect then why it is not selling? Just price. I don't think so.
    It would probably be more productive if you didn't make assumptions about people.

Sorry you're having issues.
    sam81 likes this.
    04-15-15 12:52 PM
    That said I agree Z10 battery was never on pair with Z30
    it's a hardware design flaw. They put a small battery in a phone with LTE, a bright screen a dual core processor etc.

I must confess though, it's kind of amusing to watch the nutso extremes whenever someone starts a "how is the Z10's battery" thread. :-)

Immediately will come the crazy exaggerations.

"I don't know what you're talking about ... mine goes for three days!!!"
    "The Z10 has the worst phone battery of any phone ever invented!!! it goes for like 45 minutes and then dies!!!"

LOL

Battery is not the Z10's strong suit by any stretch, IMO. I've never been able to get it to go as long as the fans say, but I've also never really drained it as fast as the naysayers say either. It's a little behind my iPhone 6, but in that range typically, under the same conditions.
    BionicKris and p1800nut like this.
    04-15-15 12:56 PM
    it's a hardware design flaw. They put a small battery in a phone with LTE, a bright screen a dual core processor etc.

I must confess though, it's kind of amusing to watch the nutso extremes whenever someone starts a "how is the Z10's battery" thread. :-)

Immediately will come the crazy exaggerations.

"I don't know what you're talking about ... mine goes for three days!!!"
    "The Z10 has the worst phone battery of any phone ever invented!!! it goes for like 45 minutes and then dies!!!"

LOL

Battery is not the Z10's strong suit by any stretch, IMO. I've never been able to get it to go as long as the fans say, but I've also never really drained it as fast as the naysayers say either. It's a little behind my iPhone 6, but in that range typically, under the same conditions.
    Although 1800mAh was pretty good for the time (compared to the 1440mAh on the iPhone 5).

That's what you get for a beautiful, high-dpi lcd screen and LTE. It's all a trade off.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-15-15 01:28 PM
    Two choices to make.
    • Still love BlackBerry 10? Get Z30 that is available in very affordable price now to cure some of the complaints against Z10, in particular the well-known battery shame.
    • No longer love BlackBerry 10? Get one of the many Android handsets on the market and relegate your Z10 as backup phone (helps with the battery) or ditch BlackBerry 10 altogether.

Your choice.
    highos likes this.
    04-15-15 02:41 PM
    The OS has come a loooong way since the early days of 10.0.1. But it definitely still needs some polishing.

- startup time... very very long. Once it loads up, hub loading and phone app loading takes a good time to get ready for use.
    I agree that a long start up time in addition to Hub & Contacts load time after a reboot needs to be addressed. You can't have a phone take ~60s to boot and another ~20-30s to load the Hub and Contacts . But I have noticed the startup time of the phone speed up quite a bit in 10.3.1. BB is on the right path here.

- Battery life sucks for Z10 especially if you have android apps. Don't tell me to blame android app or os coz it runs well on android phone that I have and also doesn't eat up that much battery
    Yes, but the battery is only 1800mAH. You cannot expect a lot from a small battery like that. I don't use Android apps so I don't know about battery drainage from their usage. The day I find that I have to use Android apps I will either move to Android or the iPhone. But at the moment BB is sufficient for my needs.

- Network - mobile goes for a toss like seen in attached pic. And real time switching between 3G and 2G is not great. Wifi range issue is known to.
    Yes. This is an issue. The signal strength is not good on BB 10.3.X - at least for me. My BBOS 7 phone definitely had better reception that my Z10.

- phone app so half baked and it just takes forever to connect or disconnect calls. Also it does not sync with contacts well . Also api needed for Truecaller. They are ready to make an app.
    - contacts app - duplication, poor social integration and slow to load.
    The Phone app needs some performance improvement. It really does. Calls don't end quickly when you press the end button. There is a lag when you answer a call. The vibration does not end as soon as you answer a call. There are quite a few issues with the phone app. I am not facing issues with the Contacts app. It works pretty well. I have FB, LinkedIn, Local and Outlook contacts and all work well.

- keyboard. It some times become so heavy that swiping words feels laggy. Also predictions are no more that good. They seem to some time correct a right word with wrong
    - Camera shots especially during low light and dark conditions are terrible. Be it any device.
    - search assistant is so slow to open and respond. Missing old search functionality.
    - browser is just so heavy and is not designed as cascades.
    - Brightness at low level does not feel that bright which BlackBerry used to give
    - headless functions are not working well. Ask any developer. It is just so a task. One of the reasons developers are not making apps.
    - how to use active frames actually still quite unclear.
    - more email functions. Just imagine can't even mark a mail as junk and no option to edit the signature the wat we want.
    These are all areas of improvement, but not show stoppers. I would like to add two issues that really bug me: The keyboard on the lock screen not popping up when I'm prompted to enter the password, and the flickering when I get new texts (M/SMS)

I hope in 10.3.2 they address these issues. They have been brought up by quite a few folks and not just a couple here and there.
    lift likes this.
    04-15-15 02:42 PM
    I don't have time to go into all the details but the OP has made some valid points that I have also experienced with my BlackBerry devices.
    The radio issue is the one that bothers me the most. It seems like 10.0 had excellent reception. 10.1 was slightly worse. 10.2 even a little worse. 10.3 a little worse. I have an old curve OS7 that on 3G has outstanding reception. I take a modern BlackBerry device running any version of 10.x and set it to 3G and the signal level does not even compare to the curve.
    The double contacts and messed-up contacts has plagued every BlackBerry 10.2 device I have owned. At least 10.3 seems to have fixed that.
    There's more but I'm too busy working right now to list them.
    04-15-15 02:55 PM
    What!! 2 Year old legacy device??
    Okay, lets clear this up, I have me a Z10 and I have a series of popular android apps.
    I average about 12-14Hrs per day with medium usage all professional business (no videos, or games).
    While originally things were poor in terms of battery it has been vastly improved with updates and no heat issues. Currently on 10.3.1.2726 .
    My findings for poor battery with android apps were some apps behaving badly, I simply removed them and that ended that issue.
    Android on BBRY is a runtime not the OS and so it operates different. But I have tried the Classic, the Passport the Z30 and none impress me like my Z10 so I stick with it until BBRY comes up with something solid in the all touch department or I give up the ghost and move on.
    der_mit, tmf06 and ppeters914 like this.
    04-15-15 03:43 PM
    For me, FB hub integration is super buggy.

Not marking notifications as read when I do read all, not sometimes marking notification as read when I open it, etc.

Everything updated to latest official releases.

Also, I'd consider BBM not having "mark as read" function as a bug as well. It's super non-intuitive, since everything else in Hub has it.

And don't get me started about missing features/apps for combination of work/fun phone for people who want to use the phone for both things.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 04:47 PM
    For me, FB hub integration is super buggy.

Not marking notifications as read when I do read all, not sometimes marking notification as read when I open it, etc.

Everything updated to latest official releases.
    It's not so much buggy, as it does work, but slow to react. If you click on a FB notification, you need to let it load fully before scrolling. If you scroll, read and quit, it'll still show as unread. It's definitely needs fixing, though.
    04-15-15 05:43 PM
    Quote:
    Also, I'd consider BBM not having "mark as read" function as a bug as well. It's super non-intuitive, since everything else in Hub has it.

What you talking about?
    Course it marks it as read when it has been read and on my device it's instant.

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-15-15 05:49 PM
    This OP is a complaining troll, he has been here before with some of the same stories as now and never attempts to rectify any of his problems. People give him numerous resources and advice, all he does post half coherent long diatribes. Do yourself a favor buddy buy a new phone of your choice and just go away, cause you don't contribute anything to this forum that can be remotely considered helpful.
    der_mit, habs_fan, mk2234 and 2 others like this.
    04-15-15 06:11 PM
    This OP is a complaining troll, he has been here before with some of the same stories as now and never attempts to rectify any of his problems. People give him numerous resources and advice, all he does post half coherent long diatribes. Do yourself a favor buddy buy a new phone of your choice and just go away, cause you don't contribute anything to this forum that can be remotely considered helpful.
    habs_fan likes this.
    04-15-15 06:24 PM
    Quote:

What you talking about?
    Course it marks it as read when it has been read and on my device it's instant.

Posted via CB10
    They are talking about long holding and marking it as read when they never read it.
    sam81 and Carjackd like this.
    04-15-15 06:44 PM
    Seems some people got super charged BlackBerry smartphones with OS 11 that they did not have a single issue I have mentioned.

Why I complaint is coz there is lot of mis selling that BlackBerry is doing in terms of android app support and without acknowledging the real issues.

Posted via CB10
    First off, there is NO OS 11.
    Second, you still have NOT told us what version of the OS you have on your Z10,(which I asked in post #3), that is causing you so many issues.

Care to let us know so we can direct you to a better OS??????
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-15-15 07:26 PM
    While I'm a BlackBerry fan but now that my disappointment is just increasing and increasing.

I find these below things quite annoying and wish BlackBerry to fix it asap,

- startup time... very very long. Once it loads up, hub loading and phone app loading takes a good time to get ready for use.

- Battery life sucks for Z10 especially if you have android apps. Don't tell me to blame android app or os coz it runs well on android phone that I have and also doesn't eat up that much battery

- Network - mobile goes for a toss like seen in attached pic. And real time switching between 3G and 2G is not great. Wifi range issue is known to.

- phone app so half baked and it just takes forever to connect or disconnect calls. Also it does not sync with contacts well . Also api needed for Truecaller. They are ready to make an app.

- contacts app - duplication, poor social integration and slow to load.

- keyboard. It some times become so heavy that swiping words feels laggy. Also predictions are no more that good. They seem to some time correct a right word with wrong

- Camera shots especially during low light and dark conditions are terrible. Be it any device.

- search assistant is so slow to open and respond. Missing old search functionality.

- browser is just so heavy and is not designed as cascades.

- Brightness at low level does not feel that bright which BlackBerry used to give

- headless functions are not working well. Ask any developer. It is just so a task. One of the reasons developers are not making apps.

- how to use active frames actually still quite unclear.

- more email functions. Just imagine can't even mark a mail as junk and no option to edit the signature the wat we want.

Probably they themselves can't see these or are just not wanting to fix them.

Posted via CB10
    Honest question -

Are you running an official BBOS release or are you running a dev release?
    04-15-15 08:16 PM
    BlackBerry please fix the OS big time-img_20150416_093038_edit.png

z30sta100-2/10.3.2.281
    Carjackd, mad_mdx and BionicKris like this.
    04-15-15 08:33 PM

Posted via CB10
    Here we go. From "I am having issues" to OS11 (what the hell is that?) to Blackberry is not able to sell their devices. I smell troll and something else...
    Last edited by Russkii33; 04-15-15 at 09:16 PM.
    04-15-15 08:59 PM
152 1234 ...