While I'm a BlackBerry fan but now that my disappointment is just increasing and increasing.

I find these below things quite annoying and wish BlackBerry to fix it asap,

- startup time... very very long. Once it loads up, hub loading and phone app loading takes a good time to get ready for use.

- Battery life sucks for Z10 especially if you have android apps. Don't tell me to blame android app or os coz it runs well on android phone that I have and also doesn't eat up that much battery

- Network - mobile goes for a toss like seen in attached pic. And real time switching between 3G and 2G is not great. Wifi range issue is known to.

- phone app so half baked and it just takes forever to connect or disconnect calls. Also it does not sync with contacts well . Also api needed for Truecaller. They are ready to make an app.

- contacts app - duplication, poor social integration and slow to load.

- keyboard. It some times become so heavy that swiping words feels laggy. Also predictions are no more that good. They seem to some time correct a right word with wrong

- Camera shots especially during low light and dark conditions are terrible. Be it any device.

- search assistant is so slow to open and respond. Missing old search functionality.

- browser is just so heavy and is not designed as cascades.

- Brightness at low level does not feel that bright which BlackBerry used to give

- headless functions are not working well. Ask any developer. It is just so a task. One of the reasons developers are not making apps.

- how to use active frames actually still quite unclear.

- more email functions. Just imagine can't even mark a mail as junk and no option to edit the signature the wat we want.

Probably they themselves can't see these or are just not wanting to fix them.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 08:44 AM
    Wow!
    I call user error on some of these things!
    I don't have half these issues. I think you need a reload of your OS.

Battery life sucks for Z10 especially if you have android apps. Don't tell me to blame android app or os coz it runs well on android phone that I have and also doesn't eat up that much battery REALLY? You do realize that the android runtime of this phone is meant to run apps and is not the same an an Android OS???? How can you compare the two? Want flawless android apps? get an android!

I have never had contacts duplication, lagging phone app, slow boot up times, slow assistant or low visibilty or brightness.

What the hell is happening with your phone?
    Reload the OS
    04-15-15 08:53 AM
    So OP, what version of OS are you using on your Z10?
    04-15-15 09:00 AM
    OP you do understand you are using a two year old device? You do understand that the battery life with the z10 is not up to today's standards, and there is a ton of documentation on this site that discusses that? You do understand why BLackberry's start up time is longer than other devices...because of the series of security check BB devices go through. You do understand .......hang on forget all that....given all the ridiculous complaints in this post....the OP doesn't understand. Yikes! Buy a Z30 at least you will only be on a year and a half old device.
    04-15-15 09:03 AM
    I can agree with most of what the op said. I use to be in denial like most to, now I'm just getting tired of all the half baked features and laggy problems.

Posted via CB10
    djtim, lift, oystersourced and 3 others like this.
    04-15-15 09:03 AM
    OP you do understand you are using a two year old device? You do understand that the battery life with the z10 is not up to today's standards, and there is a ton of documentation on this site that discusses that? You do understand why BLackberry's start up time is longer than other devices...because of the series of security check BB devices go through. You do understand .......hang on forget all that....given all the ridiculous complaints in this post....the OP doesn't understand. Yikes! Buy a Z30 at least you will only be on a year and a half old device.
    I agree, although I am using a Z10 and am not experiencing these issues. It has been a great phone. Still is.
    04-15-15 09:09 AM
    I can agree with most of what the op said. I use to be in denial like most to, now I'm just getting tired of all the half baked features and laggy problems.

Posted via CB10
    I used a z10 for a year without issue. Why people are complaining about a device that BB is pretty much giving away now....it's beyond me.
    anon(3732391) and jafobabe like this.
    04-15-15 09:10 AM
    Seems some people got super charged BlackBerry smartphones with OS 11 that they did not have a single issue I have mentioned.

Why I complaint is coz there is lot of mis selling that BlackBerry is doing in terms of android app support and without acknowledging the real issues.

And if according to you guys it is just so perfect then why it is not selling? Just price. I don't think so.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 09:10 AM
    I agree, although I am using a Z10 and am not experiencing these issues. It has been a great phone. Still is.

Exactly! Hell, my wife was using a z10 up until a month ago and finally couldn't take the battery any longer...she has now switched to a z30 which I picked up new for 250 canadian. She has zero complaints now. She loved her z10...and so did I when I was using mine.
    04-15-15 09:13 AM
    Seems some people got super charged BlackBerry smartphones with OS 11 that they did not have a single issue I have mentioned.

Why I complaint is coz there is lot of mis selling that BlackBerry is doing in terms of android app support and without acknowledging the real issues.

And if according to you guys it is just so perfect then why it is not selling? Just price. I don't think so.

Posted via CB10
    Selling to who? They are not focused on the average consumer. Maybe their devices are not for everyone? Is the op here to voice a concern about a two year old device or to talk about Bb sales numbers?
    04-15-15 09:15 AM
    Wow!
    I call user error on some of these things!
    I don't have half these issues. I think you need a reload of your OS.

Battery life sucks for Z10 especially if you have android apps. Don't tell me to blame android app or os coz it runs well on android phone that I have and also doesn't eat up that much battery REALLY? You do realize that the android runtime of this phone is meant to run apps and is not the same an an Android OS???? How can you compare the two? Want flawless android apps? get an android!

I have never had contacts duplication, lagging phone app, slow boot up times, slow assistant or low visibilty or brightness.

What the hell is happening with your phone?
    Reload the OS
    You know that just because you don't have the issues it doesn't mean they don't exists? I have a Z10 and a Z30, the contact duplication definitely does happen on both of my phones and ALL OS'S I have loaded/have come loaded.

RE android apps chewing battery, nothing to do with OS, they chew battery end of conversation. If you don't believe me, load a few apps and use them day in, day out. Then take them off and see the difference in battery life. I did that and no android apps gave me over a day on Z30, with android apps I just about get 8-10 hours with mild-moderate usage. About 3-5 with heavy usage.

RE boot up times and you not having them slow, a brand new out of the box Z30 takes over a minute to load up, what would a Z10 with apps on take, 2 minutes at least I think. All I know is my Z30 takes about 1 minute before the loading screen is gone and then another two minutes or so before hub is usable. If you say reload OS, I'm using the latest available OS from my mobile phone provider.

No lag in phone app? Two things - either you don't have a lot of contacts or you are lucky. Do you have a BBOS7 device? If you do, turn it on and use it for a day. Apart from no android apps you'll see how different the native apps are. By different I mean better.

I'm a BlackBerry person as much as anyone, probably more than most in usage but even I can see where stuff is wrong.
    04-15-15 09:17 AM
    Sounds like BB is not for you. I would try another platform and see if it fits the bill more if I have this much issues with one platform.
    04-15-15 09:18 AM
    I used a z10 for a year without issue. Why people are complaining about a device that BB is pretty much giving away now....it's beyond me.
    I used it for over two years from when it was newly released to December just gone where I upgraded to a Z30. I most definitely had my share of issues but I still used it. The OP isn't complaining about the Z10 as if it's a new phone or because it's old, he's complaining about the BlackBerry OS and the issues that arise because of it.

Everyone who's taken a photo in low light will agree either the OP. That right there is one issue with ALL BlackBerry phones except MAYBE the Passport and Classic.

If you didn't have one issue with your Z10 at all, you're a very lucky person or, like me, you still used your phone in spite of the issues.
    04-15-15 09:23 AM
    You know that just because you don't have the issues it doesn't mean they don't exists? I have a Z10 and a Z30, the contact duplication definitely does happen on both of my phones and ALL OS'S I have loaded/have come loaded.

RE android apps chewing battery, nothing to do with OS, they chew battery end of conversation. If you don't believe me, load a few apps and use them day in, day out. Then take them off and see the difference in battery life. I did that and no android apps gave me over a day on Z30, with android apps I just about get 8-10 hours with mild-moderate usage. About 3-5 with heavy usage.

RE boot up times and you not having them slow, a brand new out of the box Z30 takes over a minute to load up, what would a Z10 with apps on take, 2 minutes at least I think. All I know is my Z30 takes about 1 minute before the loading screen is gone and then another two minutes or so before hub is usable. If you say reload OS, I'm using the latest available OS from my mobile phone provider.

No lag in phone app? Two things - either you don't have a lot of contacts or you are lucky. Do you have a BBOS7 device? If you do, turn it on and use it for a day. Apart from no android apps you'll see how different the native apps are. By different I mean better.

I'm a BlackBerry person as much as anyone, probably more than most in usage but even I can see where stuff is wrong.
    I'm not saying they don't exist. Look around the forums. There are several ways to work around these issues. Get creative! That is what makes these devices unique. If you don't like the way the OS is performing...it's about 10 minutes of reading to figure out how to load a different OS. Or maybe as the last poster said..maybe BlackBerry is not for the OP

Posted via my Canadian Passport
    04-15-15 09:25 AM
    I used it for over two years from when it was newly released to December just gone where I upgraded to a Z30. I most definitely had my share of issues but I still used it. The OP isn't complaining about the Z10 as if it's a new phone or because it's old, he's complaining about the BlackBerry OS and the issues that arise because of it.

Everyone who's taken a photo in low light will agree either the OP. That right there is one issue with ALL BlackBerry phones except MAYBE the Passport and Classic.

If you didn't have one issue with your Z10 at all, you're a very lucky person or, like me, you still used your phone in spite of the issues.
    Correct...or worked around them and found the best suited OS!

04-15-15 09:26 AM
    If keyboard is no longer working or predicting as you like just simply clear learned words in the Language and input>predictions and correction settings
    04-15-15 09:30 AM
    I'm not saying they don't exist. Look around the forums. There are several ways to work around these issues. Get creative! That is what makes these devices unique. If you don't like the way the OS is performing...it's about 10 minutes of reading to figure out how to load a different OS. Or maybe as the last poster said..maybe BlackBerry is not for the OP

As far as I'm aware you can't workaround a bad camera in low light, you cant change the native contacts application, the search assistant or the delayed startup time of the phone.
    Unless you mean buy a different phone that isn't a blackberry because at least one of these issues affect all BlackBerry phones.

I'm not having a go at you but I'm just saying what the OP is saying is 100% bang on and we need to realise that BUT we need to accept it. We shouldn't deny it and pretend it doesn't happen until someone calls you up on it.
    Outrunner and prateek.samtani like this.
    04-15-15 09:32 AM
    Correct...or worked around them and found the best suited OS!

Okay so if you found the correct OS to work around all these problems, would you care to share that OS with us and the OP so he can have a better experience with his BlackBerry phone?
    04-15-15 09:34 AM
    OP, the only thing I would agree with are your first two points: boot time and Android app battery usage (you're essentially running two OSes simultaneously when running Android apps).

Neither will ever be "fixed", without a complete and total rewrite of the entire OS. This won't happen. BlackBerry has a lot of built-in functionality and it takes time to all load up - namely the hub and the Android environment among other things. Boot time is not really a big deal for me as I rarely turn off my device. The Android Runtime is not meant as a complete platform for all of your needs. I see it as a fantastic opportunity to run those few apps that you just can't live without. If it needs to be more than that for you, then yes, you should look at another platform.

I can't comment on your other issues, because they are not repeatable at my end on any of my Z10s.

PS: And yes, the camera is not awesome in low light.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.281
    Last edited by conite; 04-15-15 at 09:58 AM.
    04-15-15 09:38 AM
    Okay so if you found the correct OS to work around all these problems, would you care to share that OS with us and the OP so he can have a better experience with his BlackBerry phone?
    I don't think anyone is going to argue the low light camera thing...but in good lighting....its a champ! The OP's wordsare "especially in low light " stating that the camera is not good in general. I'd disagree. This was taken with my z10 two years ago
    BlackBerry please fix the OS big time-img_00002320.jpg

This was taken with my passport

BlackBerry please fix the OS big time-img_20150311_191700.jpg

04-15-15 10:10 AM
    I had very little of all that on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 10:18 AM
    I agree with you and OP too. I have a Passport and my device freezes a lot and lags often with the phone app. Sometimes it can take more time than needed just to connect a phone call. I think the Passport is a nice device, just half baked OS.

Posted via CB10
    04-15-15 10:22 AM
    I had very little of all that on my Z10.

Posted via CB10
    That's cause you had super charged z10 that was meant for CEO Heins.

Must of been a shipping screw up by shop BlackBerry
    04-15-15 10:22 AM
    The camera sucks so bad on my Z30.

I want the slider but I hope BlackBerry uses decent camera in it. It can't get any worse no matter what company you use.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.1.2708 / T-Mobile USA
    04-15-15 10:39 AM
    - startup time... very very long. Once it loads up, hub loading and phone app loading takes a good time to get ready for use.
    What OS version? What Z10 model? It's a beautiful and quick startup on my Z10 STL-003 and Passport. Their respective hubs load quickly too, the Passport's just a little faster.
    - Battery life sucks for Z10 especially if you have android apps. Don't tell me to blame android app or os coz it runs well on android phone that I have and also doesn't eat up that much battery
    The Z10's battery sucks. That is fact and is unfortunate, but there is no improving that as it's a hardware fault. Plus Android Apps are running inside a virtual Android environment, you don't get the same efficiency as an android phone.
    - Network - mobile goes for a toss like seen in attached pic. And real time switching between 3G and 2G is not great. Wifi range issue is known to.
    Never have any of these issues myself, I think this is either user error or you should reload your OS.
    - phone app - app so half baked and it takes forever to connect or disconnect calls. Also it does not sync with contacts well . Also api needed for Truecaller. They are ready to make an app.
    My contacts have all synced beautifully, all of my phone calls connect and disconnect in under a second. Again either user error or OS issue, try reloading.
    - contacts app - duplication, poor social integration and slow to load.
    Won't lie, duplication happens a lot for me, but it's due to user error of having all of my contacts synced to multiple emails. I'm the one at fault here, not BlackBerry, and sounds like the same thing for you. One bypass is to just "merge" your contacts which BlackBerry made very easy. Social integration actually works really well, not sure what you're talking about. And again, it loads very quick for me and most.
    User issue.
    - keyboard. It some times become so heavy that swiping words feels laggy. Also predictions are no more that good. They seem to some time correct a right word with wrong
    Not sure at all what you're talking about. My Z10's keyboard works phenomenally and I was able to convince many other users to switch to BlackBerry10 thanks to it.. I think this is either a major user error or OS corruption. Suggest a reload.
    - Camera shots especially during low light and dark conditions are terrible. Be it any device.
    My Passport's camera has been working phenomenally despite what many seem to complain about, and so has my Z10's.
    User issue.
    - search assistant is so slow to open and respond. Missing old search functionality.
    It's not the same as BBOS, and honestly it works really well for me..
    Not even sure what your issue is since you didn't explain.
    - browser is just so heavy and is not designed as cascades.
    I don't think you know what you're talking about.. it's built using Cascades..

Also the browser is easily the number one browser of any mobile browser and even many desktop browsers, especially with the modded Flash browser that's in the forums. I have no idea in the slightest what your "heavy" browser issue is..
    user issue
    - Brightness at low level does not feel that bright which BlackBerry used to give
    No idea what you're talking about, you need to explain, a lot more..
    user issue
    - headless functions are not working well. Ask any developer. It is just so a task. One of the reasons developers are not making apps.
    It works great for me. I use multiple apps every minute of every day such as Hub++ and HomeScreenPlus, etc. They all work as expected and work without delay. They're pretty efficient on battery too!
    - how to use active frames actually still quite unclear.
    You don't "use" active frames. The developer makes them do things if they want, but you don't actually interact with them. The reason for active frames is to give at-a-glance information to the user if there is anything of importance.
    - more email functions. Just imagine can't even mark a mail as junk and no option to edit the signature the wat we want.
    You can make do all that, not sure what you're talking about..
    Probably they themselves can't see these or are just not wanting to fix them.
    Not a personal attack, but I think your main issue is you don't want to actually look for the solution.

Praise be unto our Lord, Squircle | Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2708
    04-15-15 10:51 AM
152 123 ...