As the title says, it is in dire needs of a major fix.

If BB10 is on its last legs, just give us a workable FB app to last us out until we decide (or you decide) what we will finally end up with.

There are too many threads on here as to how things will pan out, so I don't want to get into that.

JUST FIX THE FRIGGING FB APP.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" 10.3.2.2474 Get's a Ten from Fen.
    tryfe and anon(8908445) like this.
    09-21-15 09:15 PM
    It'll be fixed... On the Slider.

Posted via C5303
    09-21-15 09:17 PM
    Agreed: this was the last straw for me.

Of course, even if they fix it this time around, there's nothing to prevent Facebook redesigning the API again in future, requiring another update to the app. With BlackBerry supporting and developing the FaceBook app, it will (sadly) only be a matter of time before it again becomes defunct.

Time to crowdfund an open-source replacement?

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 09:20 PM
    Johnny, I want to work with BB10.

09-21-15 09:20 PM
    It'll be fixed... On the Slider.

Posted via C5303
    No it won't, Facebook is still garbage there too.. just a slightly smaller heap.
    tryfe likes this.
    09-21-15 09:22 PM
    Agreed: this was the last straw for me.

Of course, even if they fix it this time around, there's nothing to prevent Facebook redesigning the API again in future, requiring another update to the app. With BlackBerry supporting and developing the FaceBook app, it will (sadly) only be a matter of time before it again becomes defunct.

Time to crowdfund an open-source replacement?

Posted via CB10
    Sadly, I have to agree.

09-21-15 09:23 PM
    As the title says, it is in dire needs of a major fix.

If BB10 is on its last legs, just give us a workable FB app to last us out until we decide (or you decide) what we will finally end up with.

There are too many threads on here as to how things will pan out, so I don't want to get into that.

JUST FIX THE FRIGGING FB APP.

I give up using BlackBerry Z10. Switch to Android now. For Facebook, that depends on the developers. If users would like to blame, blame the BlackBerry and developers, why they don't update their apps and why many developers prefer to choose iOS and Android for apps.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-21-15 09:25 PM
    No it won't, Facebook is still garbage there too.. just a slightly smaller heap.
    So, it's a PC or iOS job only then is it?

09-21-15 09:29 PM
    Just for the Slider or on all Android phones in general?

Posted via an Android device.
    09-21-15 09:33 PM
    So, it's a PC or iOS job only then is it?

Pretty much IMO.
    Tobor777 likes this.
    09-21-15 09:33 PM
    Just for the Slider or on all Android phones in general?

Posted via an Android device.
    The Facebook app for Android has always been a steaming pile of poody poo.

Typed on my posh black Classic.
    09-21-15 10:33 PM
    Why not use an android version of FB? I only ask as I have no idea how it works...I'm not a Facebook user.

Posted via CB10
    09-21-15 10:35 PM
    On another thread here, the Product Mngr for Native SDK has left BlackBerry. Guess he turned off the lights already.
    09-21-15 11:05 PM
    Why not use an android version of FB? I only ask as I have no idea how it works...I'm not a Facebook user.

Posted via CB10
    Won't run on my PP. I tried it. I use my eyefone for FB. Well what little FB'ing I do. Mostly for my business. FB on BB10 is horrible. If you only have a BlackBerry use the FB mobile website. It's much better than the BlackBerry 10 application.

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 02:25 PM
    Check out the Facebook update notice on iOS. They make changes to the application on a monthly basis. If they don't keep up it is only a matter of time until something breaks.

I just put a short cut to the website on the home screen. Not ideal, but for as much as I want to use Facebook on my phone it does the trick.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2252 SR 10.3.2.2168
    09-22-15 04:26 PM
    Check out the Facebook update notice on iOS. They make changes to the application on a monthly basis. If they don't keep up it is only a matter of time until something breaks.

I just put a short cut to the website on the home screen. Not ideal, but for as much as I want to use Facebook on my phone it does the trick.

Z10STL100-3/10.3.2.2252 SR 10.3.2.2168
    Yup this horse has been beaten to death. Unless facebook takes over we are not going to get a superior fb ap.

Works well enough for me anyway. Mobile site whenever something is faulty is a great workaround and requires almost zero effort
    09-22-15 04:32 PM
    I GUESS!!! FIX IT ALREADY!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-22-15 08:33 PM
    Yup this horse has been beaten to death. Unless facebook takes over we are not going to get a superior fb ap.

Works well enough for me anyway. Mobile site whenever something is faulty is a great workaround and requires almost zero effort
    I just want a Facebook app that works as well as when I purchased the phone.

If the Facebook app is broken, can I return my phone for a refund? Afterall, I would consider that to be a fault and misrepresentation.

Posted via CB10
    The_Passporter likes this.
    09-22-15 10:16 PM
    I just want a Facebook app that works as well as when I purchased the phone.

If the Facebook app is broken, can I return my phone for a refund? Afterall, I would consider that to be a fault and misrepresentation.

Posted via CB10
    No retailer would accept refund for mobile phone that complained for apps not good reason. That's the developer just doesn't update the apps.

09-23-15 12:37 AM
    Attachment 372622
    Fixed, simple!

Z30STA100-6/10.3.2.2639
    09-23-15 01:02 AM
    No retailer would accept refund for mobile phone that complained for apps not good reason. That's the developer just doesn't update the apps.

Even when the developer was the phone manufacturer?

What about if it was the phone application that suffered the issue?

Most countries have provisions that warrant purchases against defects, particularly where a defect impacts the ability of the purchaser to use it for its intended purchase. If someone bought a Blackberry with the intention of using Facebook - a feature the consumer has paid money for - and that feature is removed, surely they have some recourse?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 01:10 AM
    Even when the developer was the phone manufacturer?

What about if it was the phone application that suffered the issue?

Most countries have provisions that warrant purchases against defects, particularly where a defect impacts the ability of the purchaser to use it for its intended purchase. If someone bought a Blackberry with the intention of using Facebook - a feature the consumer has paid money for - and that feature is removed, surely they have some recourse?

Posted via CB10
    I am not sure for a such country, but in my region the most regions I think warranty of device products are cover for defective, malfunction unit, unit fails to operate, not because of app.

If say I still use BlackBerry Z10 and installed Facebook, and this Facebook doesn't good as good Facebook in Android, and I complain to BlackBerry Service Center, they would not accept the device and I guess they will suggest to wait till the developer update it, to restart the device or maybe suggest me to uninstall it. I am sure they won't replace the device because of app not compatible or not good as good Android app reason.

09-23-15 03:10 AM
    I am not sure for a such country, but in my region the most regions I think warranty of device products are cover for defective, malfunction unit, unit fails to operate, not because of app.

If say I still use BlackBerry Z10 and installed Facebook, and this Facebook doesn't good as good Facebook in Android, and I complain to BlackBerry Service Center, they would not accept the device and I guess they will suggest to wait till the developer update it, to restart the device or maybe suggest me to uninstall it. I am sure they won't replace the device because of app not compatible or not good as good Android app reason.

The difference is that the Facebook app is pre-installed on the phone. In a sense it's not a third-party add-on any more than the messages app is.

And it's not just a matter of not being as good as the Android app - it barely works!

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 03:21 AM
    You walk into a store and ask the sales person for the phone with Facebook. Based on your requirements, he sells you a Blackberry.

Six months on, one of the features you purchased the phone for ceases to work. Clearly in such a case the item is no longer fit for purpose.

We live in an age where device specifications and functions can be modified by the manufacturer after the time of sale - not always for the better. Surely the consumer still has some protections?

Posted via CB10
    09-23-15 03:24 AM
    You walk into a store and ask the sales person for the phone with Facebook. Based on your requirements, he sells you a Blackberry.

Six months on, one of the features you purchased the phone for ceases to work. Clearly in such a case the item is no longer fit for purpose.

We live in an age where device specifications and functions can be modified by the manufacturer after the time of sale - not always for the better. Surely the consumer still has some protections?

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the info, but in my region I am not sure. Several smartphones are preinstalled with Facebook and BBM, but I haven't see yet customer complain in social media for example because of Facebook app. If the phone he/she purchase fail to operate, shutdown randomly without reason, those can be called defective.

09-23-15 03:40 AM