I'm hoping someone from BlackBerry is reading this. Please add the option to mute media volume along with the other notifications in the next update. It boggles the mind that you can not mute volume without the media player already being open (and thus making noise already). WTF? One of the last core groups using this are politicians and as one myself it is embarrassing to say the least to be perusing a news website in the Legislature only to have some stupid media player blaring out without warning!

I mean, come on! If they are not at least going to take care of their power users in regulated industries- their supposed core group- then just who are they serving? Please at least make sure that when the phone is on silent it is actually silent. That doesn't seem like much to ask for.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 07:09 PM
    There are a couple of ways to mute media.

1. If media is already playing, whether it's in the forefront or minimized to an Active Frame, you can press the small key in between the up and down volume keys to mute (pause) the media. (This button can also be used to mute yourself if you're on a phone call.)

2. If I'm in a situation like you describe where I'm perusing sites that have those offensive media players that just start blaring videos when all I want to do is read articles, I go into Settings>Main Volume and turn the volume all the way down in advance to browsing. That way, if I happen on one of those sites, there will be no unwelcome blather even if a video starts playing.
    05-16-16 07:54 PM
    Oh, ok, thanks for that! Still should be able to do it from quick settings. But at least now I know a good workaround - as long as I remember the extra step.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by eternal amateur; 05-16-16 at 08:41 PM.
    05-16-16 08:15 PM
    Ha! Just managed to do it again. Curse you obnoxious websites that play sound without warning!

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 09:23 PM
    Settings >> Main Volume >> Always Adjust Media Volume

BlackBerry, please add mute media option on next update!-img_20160516_195849.png

Posted from my  Z10 via CB10
    05-16-16 10:00 PM
    Yeah and while their at it update the Wired in ear ring sound from phone calls and Bluetooth notification sounds so we can hear them.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 10:13 PM
    Yes, why can't we have a browser setting to mute/pause the embedded media on page load? This is a pet peeve. So many stories have autoplay videos that play while I am in another app with the browser in an active frame waiting for me to come back.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-16 11:12 PM