I have saved my password on blackberry password keeper. What will happen when blackberry stops supporting BB10? Can I still use this app? Will that keep being synced?

Is there a blackberry password keeper app for android devices that is connected (sync) to this app on BB10?

Has blackberry etended support for BB10 beyond 2019?
    Can we still access BB World?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-19 06:47 AM
    I have saved my password on blackberry password keeper. What will happen when blackberry stops supporting BB10? Can I still use this app? Will that keep being synced?

Is there a blackberry password keeper app for android devices that is connected (sync) to this app on BB10?

Has blackberry etended support for BB10 beyond 2019?
    Can we still access BB World?

Posted via CB10
    - You can still use the app.
    - AFAIK it will be synced beyond 2019, don't know how far.
    - If sync goes down you can export/import password manually.
    - There is android password keeper, but between bb10 and android you must sync manually (export/import).
    - BBW will be closed down last December this year.
    - support for BB10 is ended but some important services will continue beyond 2019, unknown how long.

Hope this helps, please correct me if something is wrong anyone!
    12-01-19 08:01 AM
    Thanks mikael. It was a full answer

Posted via CB10
    12-01-19 08:04 AM
    BB10 hardware and software EOL 12/31/2019 but the backend services will continue to be supported. Oddly, BB has not committed to a specific date so the assumption is as things break, that BB will not fix. BBW is supposed to officially EOL 12/31/2019 but again rumors are that it will also just be allowed to disintegrate into oblivion. Pick Android/iOS device of your choice and begin migrating to whatever best suits your needs based on the device you choose. You’ve got thirty days to be safe.
    12-01-19 08:10 AM
    If we export passwords, is it possible to open the file in android password keepers?

Posted via CB10
    12-01-19 08:20 AM
    If we export passwords, is it possible to open the file in android password keepers?

Posted via CB10
    If you want a great cross-platform password app check out KeepassB in BBW. You can use the file generated to log into any other platform whether it be Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, BB10. All will work. I've been using KeePass for 10 years now.

Posted via CB10
    Jake2826 and ppeters914 like this.
    12-01-19 08:37 AM
    Thanks everyone

Posted via CB10
    12-01-19 08:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    In Blackberry Android password keeper - yes.
    12-01-19 09:08 AM
    In Blackberry Android password keeper - yes.
    That's great!

Posted via CB10
    12-01-19 10:24 AM
    If you want a great cross-platform password app check out KeepassB in BBW. You can use the file generated to log into any other platform whether it be Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, BB10. All will work. I've been using KeePass for 10 years now.

Posted via CB10
    KeePass is my preferred solution as well for people who prefer a local file to cloud-based solutions like LastPass.

I use versions of KeePass on BB10, Android, Mac OS, Windows, iOS, and Linux. I have one database for my personal life, one for my business and one that is share with my partner for household accounts. I can access all of my passwords on all my platforms as needed.

From the screen of my trusty Z10 using the exceptional BlackBerry VKB.
    iled and Jake2826 like this.
    12-01-19 10:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Yes.
    12-01-19 10:55 AM
    I use Enpass. Sync with Google Drive.

Posted via CB10
    towngirl likes this.
    12-01-19 01:24 PM

Posted via CB10
    Can I import my old list of passwords in a .csv format or do I have to start over from scratch?
    @brookie229 @bb10adopter111

Posted via CB10
    12-01-19 02:34 PM
    Can I import my old list of passwords in a .csv format or do I have to start over from scratch?
    @brookie229 @bb10adopter111

Posted via CB10
    You can definitely import them. Many of my passwords are 50-128 chars long, and I have over 600, so that's a critical requirement!

12-01-19 02:37 PM
    I tried importing the .csv file of my passwords I exported from the BlackBerry Android Password Keeper into both KeePassB on BB10 and also Keepass2Android Offline app and both seem to only want a KeyPass file. I don't know what I am missing.
    @bb10adopter111

Posted via CB10
    12-01-19 02:55 PM
    I tried importing the .csv file of my passwords I exported from the BlackBerry Android Password Keeper into both KeePassB on BB10 and also Keepass2Android Offline app and both seem to only want a KeyPass file. I don't know what I am missing.
    @bb10adopter111

Posted via CB10
    https://keepass.info/help/kb/imp_csv.html

12-01-19 03:00 PM
    https://keepass.info/help/kb/imp_csv.html

Ok. Thanks. That helped. Haha.

Posted via CB10
    12-01-19 03:29 PM
    Ok. Thanks. That helped. Haha.

Posted via CB10
    There are a number of great password managers out there, but KeePass is free and open source, with developer support for all platforms and a very strong security pedigree. You can even host the encrypted database in a secure cloud environment and use a local hardware or file key as a second factor to prevent unauthorized use.

It doesn't support multiple users for a single database, but my business partner and I share a database file using the same credentials (and two copies of the same key file as a second factor) for a couple of accounts that we both use that are limited to a single set of credentials.

eshropshire likes this.
    12-01-19 03:36 PM
    Good info. Thanks. Coincidentally enough, I had been on the lookout for a good, secure, password manager that I can use between my business partner and myself on a mix of BB10 and Android devices. I'll continue to test this setup, but so far it looks promising. I appreciate the help.

Posted via CB10
    @bb10adopter111
    brookie229 likes this.
    12-01-19 04:31 PM
    Good info. Thanks. Coincidentally enough, I had been on the lookout for a good, secure, password manager that I can use between my business partner and myself on a mix of BB10 and Android devices. I'll continue to test this setup, but so far it looks promising. I appreciate the help.

Posted via CB10
    @bb10adopter111
    Happy to help. I've moved my personal laptop setup to Linux now, so, I've been focusing on apps and solutions that work on Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, and BB10. What can I say? I'm a six-platform kind of guy!

brookie229 likes this.
    12-01-19 04:36 PM
    There are a number of great password managers out there, but KeePass is free and open source, with developer support for all platforms and a very strong security pedigree. You can even host the encrypted database in a secure cloud environment and use a local hardware or file key as a second factor to prevent unauthorized use.

It doesn't support multiple users for a single database, but my business partner and I share a database file using the same credentials (and two copies of the same key file as a second factor) for a couple of accounts that we both use that are limited to a single set of credentials.

Timely question (Thanks OP) and answers (et al).

KeePass advantages would be encryption, a higher level of security (?), and a mobile device client, correct?

I'm still using NormSoft's CryptInfo, an old Palm app with a Window client. Unfortunately, NormSoft, disappeared ten(?) years ago. Amazing that it has worked for me since Windows 3.x, and continues to work on Windows 10.

I maintain the CryptInfo database on one computer, then copy it to the others. Sounds like I would have to do the same drill with KeePass, correct?

Thanks.
    12-02-19 12:33 PM
    Timely question (Thanks OP) and answers (et al).

KeePass advantages would be encryption, a higher level of security (?), and a mobile device client, correct?

I'm still using NormSoft's CryptInfo, an old Palm app with a Window client. Unfortunately, NormSoft, disappeared ten(?) years ago. Amazing that it has worked for me since Windows 3.x, and continues to work on Windows 10.

I maintain the CryptInfo database on one computer, then copy it to the others. Sounds like I would have to do the same drill with KeePass, correct?

Thanks.
    Yes. KeePass uses an encrypted database file. You could copy it between devices, maintain it on a flash drive shared across devices, or save it in a shared location. If you have multiple copies, you would have to devise a synching method. (That's the key benefit of a cloud-based application like LastPass.)

12-02-19 01:41 PM
    Yes. KeePass uses an encrypted database file. You could copy it between devices, maintain it on a flash drive shared across devices, or save it in a shared location. If you have multiple copies, you would have to devise a synching method. (That's the key benefit of a cloud-based application like LastPass.)

My wife absolutely hates and distrusts The Cloud, so that's not an option.

Will investigate KeePass as relying on CryptInfo is "less than ideal."

Probably have more questions later.

Thank you very much.
    12-02-19 01:45 PM
    My wife absolutely hates and distrusts The Cloud, so that's not an option.

Will investigate KeePass as relying on CryptInfo is "less than ideal."

Probably have more questions later.

Thank you very much.
    My partner and I share a database without using the cloud. One of us keeps the"reference" version on an encrypted flash drive (an encrypted database file on an encrypted drive, so two keys are required to access it). All changes are made on that drive. We can then make copies for use on other systems as needed, and we treat all copies as if they were "read-only" to keep things in sync.

12-02-19 01:59 PM