Hi All,

I'm a recent purchaser of a Blackberry Passport. Thus far, I've enjoyed using it. One of the appeals that pulled me toward a blackberry device was the parental control options.

Unfortunately, I've found that the maps app allows one to access the internet via yelp and so the maps app turns into somewhat of a browser. The parental controls allow no option to block such access. This is a frustration.

As I'm new to blackberry, is there any way to 'jailbreak' the phone and delete apps (core or not) ?

Is it possible to make a custom autoloader specifying which apps will be installed?

I'm really at a loss. There doesn't seem to be an app one can download to simply block access to other apps, or if there is please let me know.

The only thing I have found was this: someone who asked the same question at blackberry support without reply though they did find a solution.

https://supportforums.blackberry.com...l/td-p/3145558

Any help regarding this would be kindly appreciated.

duB
    03-19-17 09:44 PM
    There is no method to delete the core BlackBerry apps.

However, you are able to password protect certain categories of apps via third party apps available in BBW. App Locker, App Lock, DS Pro, App Lock Pro are a few among them.

The issue is that categories of apps are blocked as a group. So, if you wanted Maps blocked then you would also block the browser, camera, Adobe Reader,File Manager, and YouTube.
    03-19-17 11:50 PM
    Hi semime,

Thank you for your reply. I've tried locking Maps with an Applock but unfortunately Calendar still has access to maps+yelp and if I lock calendar I cannot access messages, hub etc...

I know yelp is something of a new edition in BB10.3. I was hoping that someone could locate the last BB Map app bar file that had NO YELP AT ALL PLEASE!

I intend on downgrading the app using sasechi. Would I also need to downgrade the Calendar app as well? If so, could someone please reply back with the necessary bar files for both maps and calendar?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

duB
    03-22-17 10:47 PM
    I don't understand how relation of Yelp in BB Maps. Can you elaborate?

Posted via CB10 / AT&T /Z10 STL100-3 /10.3.3.2205
    03-23-17 12:06 AM