Hello, since yesterday I've been having issues with HOTMAIL apparently it can't connect to servers anymore or something like that, any ideas?

Posted via CB10 on a Passport
    12-04-19 08:47 AM
    Hello, since yesterday I've been having issues with HOTMAIL apparently it can't connect to servers anymore or something like that, any ideas?

Use the Outlook app.
    12-04-19 08:57 AM
    Does it work on Passport?

12-04-19 08:58 AM
    Does it work on Passport?

Download and try it out. I’ve used it on my Android/iOS devices since my PRIV, DTEK and KEYOne days plus on multiple iOS devices.

It can’t be any worse than what you’ve got now until you find another solution. Most of these free-mail issues are security related. The providers are raising there security requirements with things like (2FA) two-factor authentication process or different other requirements.

Sadly, it could mean getting new phone or new email address. You’re a long-time BB10 user so you know the drill. Small price to pay for BB10 now.
    12-04-19 09:22 AM
    Funny I created an outlook.com email and that one works... I will have to sync all my info... is there a way to do that? Transfer all my contacts and email from one to another?

12-04-19 10:04 AM
    Funny I created an outlook.com email and that one works... I will have to sync all my info... is there a way to do that? Transfer all my contacts and email from one to another?

Why don’t you check your settings on the new account to see if they match your old account. Check both the hub and from a regular computer, full browser inside the email settings.

It sounds like security authentications or whatever they’re called inside main settings of outlook email itself on the outlook side.
    12-04-19 10:07 AM
    Im not sure about the outlook app but I have been seeing many others with hotmail/live/msn/outlook email troubles. I am thinking some security changes are occurring and the BB10 email app will no longer be compliant. I will see if I can find the other threads about the hotmail issue.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    12-04-19 10:19 AM
    Im not sure about the outlook app but I have been seeing many others with hotmail/live/msn/outlook email troubles. I am thinking some security changes are occurring and the BB10 email app will no longer be compliant. I will see if I can find the other threads about the hotmail issue.
    Thanks, perhaps the legacy address will stop working, time to jump to outlook I guess which I mentioned before it works jut fine.

Edit:

I have changed my password as I was researching possible reasons and one of the reasons to make the phone fail to authenticity is the password. After doing that everything started to work again...

Hope it helps people in the future.
    Last edited by Davis Rayler; 12-04-19 at 12:28 PM.
    howarmat likes this.
    12-04-19 12:10 PM
    Thanks, perhaps the legacy address will stop working, time to jump to outlook I guess which I mentioned before it works jut fine.

Edit:

I have changed my password as I was researching possible reasons and one of the reasons to make the phone fail to authenticity is the password. After doing that everything started to work again...

Hope it helps people in the future.
    So just to confirm, the issue was password needed to be updated for security reasons, stronger alphanumeric and/or perhaps outdated?
    12-04-19 01:20 PM
    So just to confirm, the issue was password needed to be updated for security reasons, stronger alphanumeric and/or perhaps outdated?
    My password was numbers caps and symbols generated by BlackBerry Password Keeper. Don't know what is really going on... I just generated a new one and changed it that's all I did.

12-04-19 01:35 PM
    My password was numbers caps and symbols generated by BlackBerry Password Keeper. Don't know what is really going on... I just generated a new one and changed it that's all I did.

It might have been time limit expired. I’m no current fan of BB10, however I see no reason not to keep using if you’re happy. At least I can offer correct answer instead of grave dancing ;-D
    @howarmat if you haven’t already figured out, the issue seems to be solved by setting a new password online and then updating hub
    12-04-19 01:39 PM