Hi all,

Has anyone else noticed that BlackBerry's panorama software, since it has been released and still to the current latest OS version, always skips approximately one picture?

Every panorama I take no matter how careful I am, it always finishes and processes it before I can make a full circle around. It seems there is always one picture worth of content missing.

How can this have gone unnoticed for so long? It's like a picture of perfect white teeth with a missing front tooth at a dentist's office. Really?!

EDIT: Same scenery with Nexus 5 Google's stock camera app, panorama is bang on perfect. What gives? Of course, Google's software is kind of cluttered, gaudy looking, and confusing to use. So fix this one issue BlackBerry so you can be the best.

-STV on Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-28-15 08:43 PM
    All mine seem to be there

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.798
    06-28-15 09:20 PM
    Not sure why you are missing one picture. Are you going too fast through the squares on the screen? I don't understand how it can skip a picture. I haven't had problems either. Took some nice panoramic shots inside one of the sports arenas here
    06-28-15 09:34 PM
    Great panoramic photos here as well.

Everyday I use panoramic photos for work purposes.

I do notice the yellow caution telling me to slow my rate of turn.

I'm also shooting objects which are moving - so my PassPort is working hard to produce the panoramic image.

From my vantage - 360's are not something I need. So I can not comment, however I can say I'm shooting linear (180 deg) features and have come to the conclusion shooting three over lapping 90 deg. quadrants gives the best detail - for my purposes.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 10:23 PM
    ... and have come to the conclusion shooting three over lapping 90 deg. quadrants gives the best detail - for my purposes.
    Hi BB_M_I_H,

I just wanted to understand what your procedure is for best detail. Are you saying you are taking 3 different pictures and combining them? That is, for example, you take three pictures (0-90, 45-135 and 90-180) and then combine them? If so, what software are you using to combine them? Just curious.
    06-28-15 10:40 PM
    Hi J. Ware - thanks for query - I was not totally clear.

What I'm doing is setting my aspect Ratio to 16:9, then taking three overlapping quadrants to capture what I require.

I do not have the need to join the images - but often think about post processing and joining them.

I find the distortion attempting to turn any further makes my images meaningless.

My pictures are not intended to capture the 'theme' or mood, but to capture changes which occur every day.

I do not think any camera can be perfect. But more clear shorter turns may join together better - say using software like those from Canon (eg Stitchit). Just need to find out if the file formats are consistent.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 11:13 PM
    Staying on topic please, I need anyone to comment who either knows a solution to this or simply is experiencing this as well:

While (slowly and carefully) taking a panorama and ensuring to fit into all the square guides, the software cuts and processes your panorama before you make a full 360 circle around, and seems to be missing one picture's worth of content.

Once again, I do not have this problem on my Nexus 5, so I'm not ignorant on how to properly take panoramas. And it is to my knowledge that a panorama is usually for full circle purposes.

Oh and I don't mean to sound rude by any of the above, I just need to make it clear I'm not a novice and am indeed experiencing a real issue so I can bypass the hypothetical tier 1 support type of pseudo-solutions.

-STV on Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.680
    06-28-15 11:30 PM
    Panorama? I don't have it...? Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2204

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 01:10 AM
    I have never managed to get the camera to keep snapping all the way around, either, so it's not just you; ...and for me it tends to call it a day, and wrap up, long before there's only one one frame left.

(FWIW (in case this might have something to do with it) I have also never managed to get good magnetometer calibration, neither with my Passport, or the Z30 that preceeded it, nor my Oculus Rift headset -- all tested in many locations. Even just standing still, I can usually see the dial in the compass app slowly drift, which rules out a local deviation effect - maybe I'm just emitting my own shifting magnetic field (...in which case I suppose I don't need to worry about there not being enough iron and fibres in my diet). :P)

EDIT:
    Panorama? I don't have it...? Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2204
    Should be among the shooting modes: Normal, Time Shift, Burst, Panorama
    06-29-15 01:29 AM
    I was just at the store today playing with the Samsung Edge phone and I was very surprised at how well they implemented Panorama. You just slowly move sideways instead of the Passport where you turn, pause, turn, pause, turn, pause.

Kind of wish we had better camera software. The camera is a bit lacking.......
    07-12-15 09:24 PM
    I was just at the store today playing with the Samsung Edge phone and I was very surprised at how well they implemented Panorama. You just slowly move sideways instead of the Passport where you turn, pause, turn, pause, turn, pause.

Kind of wish we had better camera software. The camera is a bit lacking.......
    I don't know, with BlackBerry 10's panorama I can get a perfectly continuous picture, with Samsung Galaxy S5's I always have that portion of image that doesn't connect well with its neighbor.

I do, however, agree that BlackBerry 10's camera doesn't actually capture 360 degrees, it seems that it's limited to 180

Z10 STL100-1/10.3.1.2576
    07-13-15 01:27 AM