Aptoide, 1 mobile, mobogenie and the hundreds more other android app store.

Why doesn't BlackBerry just buy off one of these companies?

They can then preinstall a homepage link to the site into the next update (just like the you tube browser homepage book mark)

I cant imagine them costing much at all.

Of course this app store would have to exclude google apps because they will probably sue.

I cant imagine other app developers having a problem with BlackBerry doing this after all they will be gaining a few million new adopters.

This way it would be extremely easy for new BB10 device buyers to get access to their favourite apps.

BlackBerry could make it more pleasant to install android apps from this appstore (for example have a step by step guide in help documentation or tutorials)

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    Last edited by Q10Nutter; 06-04-14 at 01:20 PM.
    06-04-14 01:06 PM
    I agree that something like that would be a great idea with obvious benefits. Although I don't understand why you'd suggest a web shortcut vs an actual app, which all of your examples already have as well.

The twist I could imagine would be buying them and integrating their catalog into BB World.

The downsides to any of these ideas:
    1. If it's from BlackBerry, there's an expectation all apps therein will work.
    2. Current apk usage is not quite ready for prime time. Needs refinements and some steps removed. (Why am I pressing Install 2-3 times to install an Android app via apk file?)
    3. What happens to apps ported to BB World and now listed twice?

There's probably some other hurdles too. It's a great thought and something like this needs to happen, so I really hope they're hard at work to improve the UX with Android apps.
    06-04-14 02:32 PM
    I agree that something like that would be a great idea with obvious benefits. Although I don't understand why you'd suggest a web shortcut vs an actual app, which all of your examples already have as well.

The twist I could imagine would be buying them and integrating their catalog into BB World.

The downsides to any of these ideas:
    1. If it's from BlackBerry, there's an expectation all apps therein will work.
    2. Current apk usage is not quite ready for prime time. Needs refinements and some steps removed. (Why am I pressing Install 2-3 times to install an Android app via apk file?)
    3. What happens to apps ported to BB World and now listed twice?

There's probably some other hurdles too. It's a great thought and something like this needs to happen, so I really hope they're hard at work to improve the UX with Android apps.
    Actually an actual app would work better, you are right.

1. Yes they would have to snuff out the non working apps and keep only the working ones, at least this way BlackBerry can manage expectations.

2. I think the reason we have to press install a couple of times is because of the disclosure agreement.

3. The ones in app world are official android ported apps for BlackBerry, some of these apps were tweaked to suit BB10 eg. Viber.

The apps from this "other" app store would be unaltered android apps.

06-04-14 02:46 PM
    1mobile is a cesspool of bogus apps. Why buy them? What value do they bring?

Posted via CB10 - Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175/Telus
    06-04-14 05:05 PM
    1mobile is a cesspool of bogus apps. Why buy them? What value do they bring?

Posted via CB10 - Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175/Telus
    Not mobile 1 per se. Any decent android app store.

06-04-14 05:07 PM
    A deal with Amazon? Mutual development and app compatibility? Not rocket science.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3175
    06-04-14 05:11 PM
    Either the android apps in BBW or just have Snap in BBW. It is a client just like iGrann and Snap2Chat.
    06-05-14 03:22 AM
    I think such deal would send a 'bad' message to BlackBerry 10 native developer's.

Anyways, would prefer the android store be integrated directly into BBW. And of course, these android apps should be tested / working on BlackBerry 10.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 04:35 AM
    For those that are wondering about the apk's and default BB10 apps which are the same,if you download the apps from blackmart app(android market place & an application)it will enable you to update the android apps even those that were not downloaded from the app ITSELF.I suggest if BB are to integrate any of these apps into the core system,then let it be this app(BLACKMART APP)
    06-05-14 05:04 AM