Watching the Apple WWDC 2017 June Live event, and they are showing iOS11 on the iPad.

They have a swipe up gesture to bring up the app switcher. Also keyboard flick gestures. It looks very similar to OS10 swipe up, although more powerful. It looks like someone decided to continue the legacy of swipe gestures from Blackberry OS10. Some takeaways on iOS10.

• Swipe up from bottom of screen to display dock bar
    • Full swipe up from bottom of screen to display app switcher
    • Full drag and drop between apps (drag photos from one app, swipe up with another hand, drop photos into another app like email). Not sure how/if it works on iPhone
    • You can view multiple apps side-by-side and this is saved when switching apps
    • Flick on the on-screen keyboard to use symbols and other characters. Similar to BB keyboard, but no prediction just easier access to other characters.
    • New Apple app called Files- full file management

Seriously considering moving to Apple (never thought I'd say this) when iOS11 drops with file management support and swiping gestures.
    Last edited by syplex; 06-05-17 at 02:28 PM.
    06-05-17 02:08 PM
    Seriously considering moving to Apple (never thought I'd say this) when iOS11 drops with file management support and swiping gestures.
    Isn't the file manager just for iPad?
    06-05-17 02:12 PM
    1000$ for iPhone 8!!!!!
    Move from Android to prison?
    Swipe gesture will available in android
    Why move to ios :/

Posted via CB11
    Last edited by hamed ghorbani; 06-05-17 at 02:28 PM.
    06-05-17 02:14 PM
    Some joking app was available for that

Posted via CB11
    06-05-17 02:15 PM
    Looks like its for both iPad and iPhone according to dropbox https://blogs.dropbox.com/dropbox/20...pp-integration
    06-05-17 02:20 PM
    Looks like its for both iPad and iPhone according to dropbox https://blogs.dropbox.com/dropbox/20...pp-integration
    Hm, neat. Hope it has select all.
    mad_mdx and spike12 like this.
    06-05-17 02:25 PM
    Haven't been watching this, but I have an iPad because I wanted a tablet with more viewing area than my Playbook - pictures are much more satisfying larger - and I really like the iPad other than that "home button" nonesense.

Hardly "prison".
    06-05-17 02:39 PM
    1000$ for iPhone 8!!!!!
    Move from Android to prison?
    Swipe gesture will available in android
    Why move to ios :/
    [citation needed]
    06-05-17 03:03 PM
    If Apple can fix the mess that is their notifications I would seriously consider their devices at this point. Except for the price point which I find to be far too high, but at least you know you'll get 3 or more years of updates.
    Especially if priv doesn't get android 7.
    Anyway they probably hired half of the old BlackBerry 10 team. At this point, there's more BlackBerry in Apple than in BlackBerry.
    06-05-17 03:14 PM
    Haven't watched the video, but how is swiping up for app switcher prove that BB10 is alive in iOS 11? 'Cause I could already to that on webOS back in the day. So if anything, webOS is alive in iOS 11, not BB10.
    And swipe up to show dock is copied over from SailfishOS.
    And multiple apps side-by-side: Windows 8 on tablets.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    06-05-17 03:48 PM
    Haven't watched the video, but how is swiping up for app switcher prove that BB10 is alive in iOS 11? 'Cause I could already to that on webOS back in the day. So if anything, webOS is alive in iOS 11, not BB10.
    And swipe up to show dock is copied over from SailfishOS.

Posted via CB10 using my amazing  Passport (OG Red)
    This is CrackBerry, anything is proof BB10 is alive. Beggars can't be choosers.
    06-05-17 03:50 PM
    but how is swiping up for app switcher prove that BB10 is alive in iOS 11?
    BB10 swipe gestures are alive in iOS11.
    06-05-17 04:26 PM
    MeeGo gestures alive in webOS, then alive in BB10! And now ios11.

What this all means is actually that swipe gestures are awesome, and developers should be paying attention.

Google: more gesture support for later android versions, and a lot more support for Fuchsia please!

Oh, and get rid of the home button once and for all.
    hamed ghorbani likes this.
    06-05-17 04:38 PM
    Watching the Apple WWDC 2017 June Live event, and they are showing iOS11 on the iPad.

They have a swipe up gesture to bring up the app switcher. Also keyboard flick gestures. It looks very similar to OS10 swipe up, although more powerful. It looks like someone decided to continue the legacy of swipe gestures from Blackberry OS10. Some takeaways on iOS10.

• Swipe up from bottom of screen to display dock bar
    • Full swipe up from bottom of screen to display app switcher
    • Full drag and drop between apps (drag photos from one app, swipe up with another hand, drop photos into another app like email). Not sure how/if it works on iPhone
    • You can view multiple apps side-by-side and this is saved when switching apps
    • Flick on the on-screen keyboard to use symbols and other characters. Similar to BB keyboard, but no prediction just easier access to other characters.
    • New Apple app called Files- full file management

The swipe up gesture for multitasking has been in iOS for the iPad since iOS 5.
    06-05-17 06:16 PM
    The swipe up gesture for multitasking has been in iOS for the iPad since iOS 5.
    This is different, previously there was the four finger swipe up for app switcher and single finger swipe up for control center. Now there is a single finger swipe up for the dock, which is new, and continue swiping up to show the new app switcher which appears to include the items previously available in the control center like flashlight, volume, etc.

I created an animated gif from the video that shows it in action
    mad_mdx likes this.
    06-05-17 08:54 PM
    This is different, previously there was the four finger swipe up for app switcher and single finger swipe up for control center. Now there is a single finger swipe up for the dock, which is new, and continue swiping up to show the new app switcher which appears to include the items previously available in the control center like flashlight, volume, etc.

I created an animated gif from the video that shows it in action
    http://i.imgur.com/oQcKjJY.gif

Your right, in using iOS 11, it feels like a refinement of the gestures that already existed is iOS. Syipe up already brought you to control center, apple combined that with enhanced multitasking and the task switcher
    Attached Thumbnails Blackberry OS10 swipe gestures alive... in iOS11-img_0050.jpg  
    06-06-17 06:16 AM
    If you like swipe gestures so much, aliexpress is selling the nokia n9 for $50 usd

Posted via CB10
    06-06-17 09:10 AM
    If you like swipe gestures so much, aliexpress is selling the nokia n9 for $50 usd

Posted via CB10
    Had amazonfire Swipe ?
    Along time Apple just copy and paste best abilities from dead oses,finally they add hub to ios we will see

Posted via CB11
    06-06-17 09:26 AM
    finally they add hub to ios we will see
    That actually would be fantastic
    hamed ghorbani likes this.
    06-06-17 10:06 AM
    That actually would be fantastic
    If really they do this even I am ready pay 1000$ for iphone 8
    06-06-17 10:15 AM