I agree with you completely and stay positive!! Unfortunately for people who have faith on bb10, there seems to be lot of trolling against bb10 when someone expresses their faith and happiness of owning a blackberry!! That's sad...

Posted via CB10
    I want to agree with you
    05-25-17 05:47 AM
    I think the point is, why don't you?
    Because you still think any phone that isn't BB10 is a kid's toy, which was never the case. And you think all these "governments and businesses" are dependent on BB10. Name some.

The reality is that most governments and businesses are using IOS and Android and getting work done just fine. If so great a need existed for BB10 phones, they wouldn't all be discontinued.

So speaking for myself, that's exactly why I don't believe it will ever come back.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    05-25-17 05:52 AM
    I agree with you completely and stay positive!! Unfortunately for people who have faith on bb10, there seems to be lot of trolling against bb10 when someone expresses their faith and happiness of owning a blackberry!! That's sad...

Posted via CB10
    Having a difference of opinion is not trolling. If you want a safe space where everyone agrees with you, you won't find it on an open forum.
    05-25-17 05:54 AM
    Having a difference of opinion is not trolling. If you want a safe space where everyone agrees with you, you won't find it on an open forum.
    Perhaps an exodus to Tumblr is warranted.
    05-25-17 08:57 AM
    In order for something to die or be dead, it has to be alive first. An OS isn't a living thing, thus it can't be dead or die. Obsolete is the word you should have used.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-17 09:40 AM
    In order for something to die or be dead, it has to be alive first. An OS isn't a living thing, thus it can't be dead or die. Obsolete is the word you should have used.
    Wow. That's possibly the most pedantic thing I've read on these forums, and that's a high bar to clear.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    05-25-17 11:36 AM
    I think the point is, why don't you?
    Because all that was said in early October of last year, except for the part about 10.3.4. No one at BlackBerry has said anything about 10.3.4 in over a year.

Also, since October BlackBerry signed an exclusive hardware agreement for most of the world with TCL. After this TCL formed BlackBerry Mobile. TCL has said they are only doing Android phones. They have one other company in Indonesia that has licensed the BlackBerry name for Android devices. A company in India signed a distribution agreement, looks like they will sell phones from TCL and maybe the company in Indonesia.

The comments from last October were in response to press questions, they said a few inquiries had been asked about BB10. Blaze has also said if BB10 is licensed it will not be for phones. The major problem is that BlackBerry has moved on, the vast majority of the BB10 team was let go several years ago. They only have a couple of engineers doing maintenance. My guess is they are the same ones who are responsible for BB Android.
    05-25-17 03:35 PM
    Well, it's nice to see that BlackBerry has just updated BBM for their "dead OS" BB10 with cross-platform video. Why would they waste resources on that?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 12:15 AM
    Well, it's nice to see that BlackBerry has just updated BBM for their "dead OS" BB10 with cross-platform video. Why would they waste resources on that?

Posted via CB10
    Because it was crashing group chats on Android and iOS. Without an update, it would have to be shuttered.
    anon(9803228) likes this.
    05-27-17 12:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    +1

Having one faction of BB owners insulting others over their choice of phone and/or O/S is below juvenile.

There are tens of thousands of BB10 and BB7 owners who don't need extra apps, don't see their phones as status symbols and who really don't want the endless Play Store Android updates, Google data-collection, mindless amounts of tracking data forwarded to Mountain View, or advertising on their personal devices, for which they are paying through data consumption.

Seems to me that they are the victims. I've got the firewall logs to back that up. :-)
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    05-27-17 02:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    Windows XP was just patched for WCry! Don't count it out... it ain't dead yet!
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    05-27-17 06:03 AM
    That means Windows 95 has a chance as well? Yippee!!
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    05-27-17 06:12 AM
    Don't compare bb10 and winxp, the latter still actually holds over 7% of the desktop market share making it more widely used than OS X or linux.
    Windows XP is also getting regular (emphasis on the regular) POSready security updates if enabled in the registry.

I forgot if I had a point to make or just wanted to defend good ol' XP
    05-27-17 08:27 AM
    Because you still think any phone that isn't BB10 is a kid's toy, which was never the case. And you think all these "governments and businesses" are dependent on BB10. Name some.

The reality is that most governments and businesses are using IOS and Android and getting work done just fine. If so great a need existed for BB10 phones, they wouldn't all be discontinued.

So speaking for myself, that's exactly why I don't believe it will ever come back.
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/09/...erry-software/

That is possibly BBM got update.
    Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 08:49 AM
    Negotiations to use BB10 do not mean contracts are signed. They easily could have been in talks that did not result in anything. Plus, why would you license an OS that has no support team?

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 11:23 AM
    http://blogs.blackberry.com/2016/09/...erry-software/

That is possibly BBM got update.
    Posted via CB10
    The US Military are major iPhone customers. Most of what is talked about in this article is BlackBerry enterprise software. There is a brief mention of some securesmart devices. These devices are massively expensive and would only be used by a hand full of people. They are only considered secure when speaking with another securesmart device.

In my dealings with the US Government in the tech world I see some BBOS but I have not seen a BB10 phone. Anyway there is no path forward. BlackBerry is out of the hardware business. TCL has created BlackBerry Mobile and they have an exclusive license for BlackBerry hardware in most of the world. They have made it clear they are only doing Android phones.
    05-27-17 04:02 PM
    Negotiations to use BB10 do not mean contracts are signed. They easily could have been in talks that did not result in anything. Plus, why would you license an OS that has no support team?

Posted via CB10
    But I am confused, what would BlackBerry be selling the US Government? Blackberry no longer sells hardware. TCL is only doing Android. Is BlackBerry selling the US Government the right to buy left over stock of BB10 devices on eBay? And the US Government wants to buy an OS that has not been in active development in well over two years?
    05-27-17 04:10 PM
    But I am confused, what would BlackBerry be selling the US Government? Blackberry no longer sells hardware. TCL is only doing Android. Is BlackBerry selling the US Government the right to buy left over stock of BB10 devices on eBay? And the US Government wants to buy an OS that has not been in active development in well over two years?
    This article is about the AtHoc Crisis Alert System.

Apart from that, BlackBerry has a huge portfolio of enterprise security software.
    05-27-17 04:17 PM
    They still sell BB10 devices at the ATT store in the basement of Congress. Saw it in a Youtube video yesterday on a guy investigating a story about the DNC and the Awan brothers. It's funny he commented how they had one Android blackberry next to the others which he found bizarre since he didn't know BlackBerry made an Android phone.

Posted via CB10
    stlabrat likes this.
    05-27-17 05:04 PM
    They still sell BB10 devices at the ATT store in the basement of Congress. Saw it in a Youtube video yesterday on a guy investigating a story about the DNC and the Awan brothers. It's funny he commented how they had one Android blackberry next to the others which he found bizarre since he didn't know BlackBerry made an Android phone.

Posted via CB10
    Wow! Would be interested about BlackBerry needs on the government side.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-17 06:45 PM
    +1. Somewhere, several people a day are buying up new old stock BB10 phones to retain some degree of de-Googled privacy.

I can almost see some crowd-funded entrepreneur buying a licence from Herr Chen to make BB10 'secure-phones' :-)
    Very true - I am one those with my stock of Q and PD9983.
    05-28-17 09:04 AM
    Very true - I am one those with my stock of Q and PD9983.
    Deep pocket hobby?! Or collect investment? :-)

Posted via CB10
    05-28-17 09:30 AM
    This thread sucks.
    It shouldn't be here.
    05-28-17 09:31 AM
    Deep pocket hobby?! Or collect investment? :-)

Posted via CB10
    No, just a fatalist . . . BB no longer makes a comparable phone - by that I mean foot print, removable battery, out of the box ready to go, good keyboard, etc. And since I do not use many apps, it is a suitable solution for me.

So, good to have a couple on the shelf for the coming years.
    05-28-17 09:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Cool, AT&T has some BB110 stock left they want to sell. The US Senate stopped supporting BB10 last year. I still ask again who would the US Government agencies negotiate with for BB10 phones. BlackBerry is out of the hardware business and BlackBerry Mobile / TCL is only doing Android and has an exclusive license for selling BlackBerry devices.
    05-29-17 01:21 AM
52 123