Question: if I got Passport directly from BlackBerry, how could I update the OS if I'm using a sim card from AT&T who has no idea what a BlackBerry OS update is. This phone would be a back-up/replacement for my current Passport.
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-24-17 05:36 PM
    The phone will still get the update from BlackBerry OTA.
    01-24-17 05:42 PM
    PantherBlitz is correct.

I purchased a new PP from BlackBerry, inserted my AT&T Sim card, and received the update as soon as it was pushed out by BB.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-17 07:09 PM
    As noted, you should see the update.

What SIM you have isn't what determines if you do or don't get an update.

Where the phone was purchased and whether it's carrier locked or not determines that.

Unlocked phones will get the update when BlackBerry releases it. Locked phones get whatever the carrier allows.

Posted via CB10
    David Tyler likes this.
    01-24-17 07:27 PM
    I used an autoloader to update mine. The double typing issue has disappeared which kept me from using my passport for 6 months or so.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-17 08:26 PM
    Arbiter, that's the issue I'm having and I'm sick of it. So if you direct me to an auto loader with clear directions I would appreciate it.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-17 08:35 PM
    https://supportforums.blackberry.com...r/td-p/2466747

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3f...NWX2RJTms/view

The top one has directions on how to install it. The bottom one is a 10.3.3 OS that is compatible with the att passport. The guy from the support forums lists download sites but they are incredibly slow. I had never done it before and was running stock att OS version on it. It took me about 30 or 40 minutes. Totally worth it.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-17 09:05 PM
    This is just if your not getting the update pushed for some reason... If it's direct from blackberry you should get it. If you can't wait you have a way to do it.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-17 09:07 PM
    Where the phone was purchased and whether it's carrier locked or not determines that.

Unlocked phones will get the update when BlackBerry releases it. Locked phones get whatever the carrier allows.

Posted via CB10
    Just to be clear ... it is my understanding that unlocked phones by BlackBerry will get the update when they release it. If you unlock a carrier device, it is still dependent on the carrier for the update.
    01-24-17 11:37 PM
    Just to be clear ... it is my understanding that unlocked phones by BlackBerry will get the update when they release it. If you unlock a carrier device, it is still dependent on the carrier for the update.
    Correct. It has to be factory unlocked.

SIM unlocking after-the-fact a carrier branded phone won't change the fact that it is still dependent on the carrier for updates.

But autoloaders and updates using Sachesi or Darcys BlackBerry Tool will still work even on a carrier locked/branded BB10 phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-25-17 12:36 AM
    I'm on gophone I usually just wait for Ota but I used sachesi today and it put tmobile WiFi calling app on my phone so I will switch to tmobile, but I would say att may or may not send it Ota so just update yourself, if you don't want to have to restore, just use sachesi.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-17 01:35 AM