I am not sure if it's possible or if BlackBerry is capable to produce a flagship that offers 2 running OS
    BlackBerry os 11 and latest android in a single device would be something!
    Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    07-03-17 11:20 PM
    You're not the first person to have this idea, which is why it's been explained away before.
    07-03-17 11:27 PM
    I am not sure if it's possible or if BlackBerry is capable to produce a flagship that offers 2 running OS
    Thoughts?

Posted via CB10
    This will be on John Chen's roadmap for BB10 in 2018. I foresee a Passport-type device using one of Samsung's new folding screens to give a 9" display. As well as BB11, it will also have WebOS installed. Unfortunately due to lack of manufacturer support, it will be running an ARM CPU at 512MHz, and Android Éclair. Chen is currently recruiting a team of Tibetan monks to handle the marketing, and is planning to use Bebo for the online sales. It's going to be epic.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and elfabio80 like this.
    07-04-17 09:45 AM
    This will be on John Chen's roadmap for BB10 in 2018. I foresee a Passport-type device using one of Samsung's new folding screens to give a 9" display. As well as BB11, it will also have WebOS installed. Unfortunately due to lack of manufacturer support, it will be running an ARM CPU at 512MHz, and Android Éclair. Chen is currently recruiting a team of Tibetan monks to handle the marketing, and is planning to use Bebo for the online sales. It's going to be epic.

Posted via CB10
    You got big dreams. Keep my posted on how the dream turns out and ends. Hopefully Freddy Kruger doesn't pop up.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Kryngle; 07-04-17 at 04:52 PM.
    nevertoofar likes this.
    07-04-17 10:17 AM
    Thoughts?
    Both Google (for any company that has licensed Google Play and Google Mobile Services, as BB has) and Microsoft (for any company that has licensed WinPhone) prohibit selling phones that have multiple OSs on them, or in any other way don't boot to their OS. So, if you sell an Android phone, Android is the only OS allowed on it, and if you sell a WinPhone, WinPhone is the only OS allowed on it.

Not that it matters - BB isn't making devices anymore, and I seriously doubt any of the licensees are interested in alternative OSs.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-04-17 01:24 PM
    Both Google (for any company that has licensed Google Play and Google Mobile Services, as BB has) and Microsoft (for any company that has licensed WinPhone) prohibit selling phones that have multiple OSs on them, or in any other way don't boot to their OS. So, if you sell an Android phone, Android is the only OS allowed on it, and if you sell a WinPhone, WinPhone is the only OS allowed on it.

Not that it matters - BB isn't making devices anymore, and I seriously doubt any of the licensees are interested in alternative OSs.
    Sssshhh - JC may bar you from the pre-order for talk like this... Availability will be very limited.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-17 01:40 PM
    Sssshhh - JC may bar you from the pre-order for talk like this... Availability will be very limited.

Posted via CB10
    Pre-ordering is so 2016. We roll with pre-registering nowadays.
    Niallac likes this.
    07-05-17 03:25 PM
    Pre-ordering is so 2016. We roll with pre-registering nowadays.
    You could be part of the marketing team - are you in Tibet?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-17 05:15 PM