One thought I had when I saw and read this thread was "what if BlackBerry and SanDisk got together to get a 1 or 2TB micro SDcard to work in OS10 devices?" one could download apps on that to leave device memory to system ops (and save batteries)

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 04:28 PM
    If M$ handled the W10 rollout the same way BlackBerry handled the bb10 updates:

Dell user: this W10 us sweet.
    Acer user: looks sweet but we won't get it for another year. Acer sux.

Posted via CB10
    08-14-15 04:44 PM
    Cobalt fix or browser versions with a home page icon

Via Passport via CB10
    Yes, why settle for something that simply works out of the box when we can flagellate ourselves with workarounds?

Posted via C5303
    08-14-15 07:30 PM
    If all you use a computer for is texting, emailing, writing and browsing the web than I guess so.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    08-14-15 08:11 PM
    Yes, why settle for something that simply works out of the box when we can flagellate ourselves with workarounds?

Posted via C5303
    Less stuff to move around and carry. Laptop/tablet bag or pocket.
    Space saver.
    08-14-15 08:28 PM
    I've installed QNX around the time I got a PlayBook on a pc for fun. I got things like QNX Player working which resembled Winamp a lot. I had enough different hardware lying around to get a network adaptor and of course the sound going with what drivers were provided but in the end it had a very deprecated version of Firefox as a browser and overall, while seeming pretty full featured, just wasn't useful as a primary os and was more of a curio thing.

The problem with BlackBerry as another end user OS, is just that there isn't much room for competing OSes and software attention goes where already quite established in making ends meet for developers. History repeats itself, usually with a couple being on top and a large gap between them and others, even say a third contender, leaving others to perform on their strengths pertaining to say a niche market, in an OS war.
    08-14-15 10:06 PM
    Back around 2005 or so, there was a developer beta program for the QNX Neutrino 6 Desktop OS. I signed up for it and played around a bit. I still get QNX spam from time to time, which must be related to that beta program. There are screenshots here: GUIdebook > Screenshots > QNX 6.2.1 NC
    extisis and tushargkwd like this.
    08-14-15 10:21 PM
    You may want to read the findings threads when a OS is released

UI freezing when receiving/ making a call, effects pretty much all of us
    Peoples sensors been killed by updates (myself been one for my old z10)
    Phones slowing down that badly they need a restart after 3-4 days of light use

I'd probably break my keyboard if I listed every known BB10 issue
    never experienced any of that. hmm. go figure!

however, have you ever visited android or ios forums? you're acting as if CB for is the only place you'll find posts about OS issues.
    08-14-15 11:35 PM
    They can barely get a Mobile OS right, I can't imagine how bad a PC OS would be
    thats what they said about apple's mac OS, until they released the iphone and disrupted the mobile market. maybe blackberry can do the same in desktop, disrupt microsoft's monopoly since bbry has better security, no viruses and not hackable
    08-14-15 11:36 PM
    Back around 2005 or so, there was a developer beta program for the QNX Neutrino 6 Desktop OS. I signed up for it and played around a bit. I still get QNX spam from time to time, which must be related to that beta program. There are screenshots here: GUIdebook > Screenshots > QNX 6.2.1 NC
    looks a lot like Windows 98.
    08-14-15 11:43 PM

Gimmeabreak. Just because all those are happening to you, doesn't mean it happens to all users. Mine are working FLAWLESSLY--both the Passport and the Z10. No such things you mentioned have ever occurred.

Please don't try too hard, it's embarrassing.
    extisis and itzJustMeh like this.
    08-15-15 12:31 AM
    If it can run Linux apps, I'm for it. If they gave developers enough access we could even make desktop "app" ourselves
    08-15-15 02:25 AM
    Gimmeabreak. Just because all those are happening to you, doesn't mean it happens to all users. Mine are working FLAWLESSLY--both the Passport and the Z10. No such things you mentioned have ever occurred.

Please don't try too hard, it's embarrassing.

*Fanboy detected*
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    08-15-15 02:58 AM
    *Fanboy detected*
    I wouldn't say that persay. Does bb10 have issue? Yes, but the ones listed I also have not seen on any of my devices running PassportSQW100-3/10.3.2.2339, also on Z30 and Q10.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-15 03:07 AM
    *Fanboy detected*
    Dude... there's a clear line between (my) fact, and (your) fictions.
    08-15-15 03:34 AM
    Dude... there's a clear line between (my) fact, and (your) fictions.
    You see you're making a rather big mistake there, the small part of the list I mentioned is stone cold fact for a lot of users, and it's pissing a lot of users off as well
    08-15-15 03:56 AM
    You see you're making a rather big mistake there, the small part of the list I mentioned is stone cold fact for a lot of users, and it's pissing a lot of users off as well
    No use arguing with fanboys. Let them relish whatever remaining time they have with their terminally-ill BB10.

Posted via C5303
    08-15-15 04:28 AM
    What do I think?

Regarding this thread, it reminds me that certain OP speculation beginning some threads is so outlandish and removed from the real world, that the moderators should close such threads at their earliest convenience.
    08-15-15 04:48 AM

I must be one of the very few lucky ones, I've experienced none of those problems.

Z30STA100-6/10.3.1.2582

Why Blackberry? Because I can!
    08-15-15 06:18 AM
    See, they're fictions!!! Heh.

Z10STL100-4/10.3.2.2339 on XL Network
    Last edited by bhoqeem; 08-15-15 at 11:44 AM.
    08-15-15 07:08 AM
    thats what they said about apple's mac OS, until they released the iphone and disrupted the mobile market. maybe blackberry can do the same in desktop, disrupt microsoft's monopoly since bbry has better security, no viruses and not hackable
    Apple has enough cash to buy BlackBerry 50 times over, and they still have less than 8% of the desktop market. Linux is sitting at less than 2% despite years of support from hardcore fans, very little in the way of viruses, and a major push by Ubuntu to make it into a mainstream OS. Microsoft dominates the market, and has the time and money to respond to any meaningful threats if necessary.

How in God's name do you expect BlackBerry to compete? How are they supposed to rally developer support after failing to do so on mobile? How are they supposed to afford to maintain another OS? What can they offer that Windows, OS X, and hundreds of Linux distributions can't? This is a ridiculous idea, which is precisely why it's been shot down countless times on these forums.
    Pcmx likes this.
    08-15-15 10:28 AM
    Hmmm....my os seems fine. I must be missing something.

Posted via CB10

I know it is the "in thing" to kick BBRY every chance one gets, but some of those update issues are not unique to BBRY at all.
    08-15-15 11:32 AM
    Seriously?
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    08-15-15 11:34 AM
    For me It would be interesting to see an OS created by Blackberry for Business and Personal Computers; especially from a Canadian company. What do you think?
    The Canadians got BlackBerry right but screwed up bacon so I'm leery.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    08-15-15 11:38 AM
    I know it is the "in thing" to kick BBRY every chance one gets, but some of those update issues are not unique to BBRY at all.
    You have no idea how much I defend BlackBerry on both here and their Facebook page
    08-15-15 12:04 PM
70 123