Hey BB10 lovers,

Do anyone of you feel that boring or tired of how does BB 10 opens app?!!!
    Whenever, we click on icon, Home screen appears, active frame displays and app begins to open.
    When do we want to open another one, minimize it, Click on another app, Home screen appears, active frames...Oh...!
    Why it can't directly open the app like android or iOS does? I feel that it is quicker and seems very logical.
    I don't mention time, Coz, BB10 quite fast. But I do not see any logic behind, displaying active frame first before opening app.
    I prefer it opens the app first, then when we minimize, it would open up the home screen.

If anyone felt the way I do, Sound of your comments. Then let's find a way to make this implemented in upcoming OS 10.3
    07-06-14 09:50 AM
    Hey BB10 lovers,

Do anyone of you feel that boring or tired of how does BB 10 opens app?!!!
    Whenever, we click on icon, Home screen appears, active frame displays and app begins to open.
    When do we want to open another one, minimize it, Click on another app, Home screen appears, active frames...Oh...!
    Why it can't directly open the app like android or iOS does? I feel that it is quicker and seems very logical.
    I don't mention time, Coz, BB10 quite fast. But I do not see any logic behind, displaying active frame first before opening app.
    I prefer it opens the app first, then when we minimize, it would open up the home screen.

If anyone felt the way I do, Sound of your comments. Then let's find a way to make this implemented in upcoming OS 10.3
    I guess its the same like on Windows.. Opens up in the window manager underneath then the actual window appears :\ I don't actually think it makes any difference in speed though! BB10 is amazingly fast...
    07-06-14 10:01 AM
    Hey BB10 lovers,

Oh wait... you mean on Ios and android, we can open up another app WITHOUT minimising your current app?
    Oh ish.. that is cool and fast.
    All this while, I thought the way I minimise current app and tap another app to open it is quick enough.
    Guess I was wrong.

Posted from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3247
    imadorkx likes this.
    07-06-14 10:23 AM
    I agree. It doesn't make any sense to go to the active frames screen before opening the app. I don't think it serves any purpose.

Channel for BlackBerry users in India
    07-06-14 10:26 AM
    Oh wait... you mean on Ios and android, we can open up another app WITHOUT minimising your current app?
    Oh ish.. that is cool and fast.
    All this while, I thought the way I minimise current app and tap another app to open it is quick enough.
    Guess I was wrong.

I think you didn't understand it, basically he means the animation of when you open a App it flicks to Active Frame screen and then the actual App opens. He wants it to open up directly like it would on other phones...
    07-06-14 10:29 AM
    I think you didn't understand it, basically he means the animation of when you open a App it flicks to Active Frame screen and then the actual App opens. He wants it to open up directly like it would on other phones...
    Owh ok.. now I got it.
    That quick glance of active frames we see when we open up an app.
    I thought that was cool and not annoying enough to render useless or time consuming.

Least it looks different than other OSes.
    And very quick too. And different.

07-06-14 10:35 AM
    It gives the OS a "flow". It let's you know it's opened an app and visually gives an understanding of the location of where the app is open.

Yes it does seem like a lot of steps, but I see why they did this.

Posted via CB10
    Riaan Smit and greenberry666 like this.
    07-06-14 10:46 AM
    Owh ok.. now I got it.
    That quick glance of active frames we see when we open up an app.
    I thought that was cool and not annoying enough to render useless or time consuming.

Least it looks different than other OSes.
    And very quick too. And different.

Yeah... I didn't think anything about the animation other than its cool lool
    07-06-14 10:48 AM
    It just sets up the real multitasking that will work behind it when the user wants to open multiple apps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    07-06-14 11:32 AM
    It gives the OS a "flow". It let's you know it's opened an app and visually gives an understanding of the location of where the app is open.

Yes it does seem like a lot of steps, but I see why they did this.

Posted via CB10
    ^^ this is correct. BlackBerry was worried about confusing people. I think this animation will continue for a couple of more OS's while BB10 converts all the legacy users, but could be scrapped after that.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 11:36 AM
    Maybe it's just a trick to "decrease" loading times by distracting you. If removed, your apps would take slightly longer to start. Dunno.
    07-06-14 11:40 AM
    I've read a number of reviews mentioning the animation as being "unnecessary" as well.

Android has developer options which let you speed up (or turn off) some of the usual animations. It'd be nice if we could too, though I do understand the purpose of showing what's happening to the user.
    07-06-14 11:49 AM
    I agree with the OP but I have to say that this hasn't bothered me. Now that you point it out...

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 12:05 PM
    Ios have this minimize animations thing, i hope bb puts the same option to remove that animation.

Posted via My Awesome Z10 | Follow me on Twitter @angelesrobby
    07-06-14 12:22 PM
    Is that extra 1 second too much for you? But seriously, it only takes a second or two. Not a huge deal in anyway.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 02:53 AM