Strength our voice against John chen, if he is not supporting updating his own os blackberry.... then who is gng to be?

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 07:51 PM
    They'll do some maintenance but that's about it. They've pretty openly stated they've moved on to android.

Posted via CB10
    03-11-17 07:59 PM
    03-11-17 08:00 PM
    Strength our voice against John chen, if he is not supporting updating his own os blackberry.... then who is gng to be?

Posted via CB10
    Chen's boss are the shareholders. If they say to support BB10, then he will. His current marching orders are to be profitable, so if supporting BB10 will help in that goal then he will do it. If not, he won't. Simple.

As a shareholder you can show up in the company meeting and make a motion to support BB10. It will go to a vote, and if it passes then it will be done.
    03-11-17 10:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to CrackBerry!
    03-11-17 10:38 PM
    Then he need to recollect all the BlackBerry devices n need to replace with BlackBerry android devices r atleast they need to replace the os .... we must be the victims

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 12:13 AM
    It'll will be sad to see BlackBerry OS to die out one day. Unfortunately BlackBerry's current strategy is Android because of apps support and nothing else. It's not because Android is better OS either.

I'm hoping that there is still place for this OS after hearing about CIA and wikileaks. I reckon that It's matter of time when security will be preferred before "must run latest new apps".

(Bold9870 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10 )
    03-12-17 12:45 AM
    It'll will be sad to see BlackBerry OS to die out one day. Unfortunately BlackBerry's current strategy is Android because of apps support and nothing else. It's not because Android is better OS either.

I'm hoping that there is still place for this OS after hearing about CIA and wikileaks. I reckon that It's matter of time when security will be preferred before "must run latest new apps".

(Bold9870 -> Bold 9900 -> Q10 )
    Convenience comes before security.
    Yes, most people want security but don't want to go trough any hassle to get it, or pay a premium for it (MOST people).
    I don't think "security will be preferred before "must run latest new apps" will ever happen.
    03-12-17 12:55 AM
    I reckon that It's matter of time when security will be preferred before "must run latest new apps".
    I seriously doubt that will ever happen at this point. It's just not that big of a concern for the majority of people.

Even after all the over-hyped, often blown out of context news headlines, people will first think "oh my... a spy agency is... spying". But then, a few days later, it's the next celebrity screw up that everyone will talk about. And they are all back to doing what they always do.

Joel
    03-12-17 01:00 AM
    Then he need to recollect all the BlackBerry devices n need to replace with BlackBerry android devices r atleast they need to replace the os .... we must be the victims
    What makes you think Blackberry owes you anything? Why such an entitled attitude? If you want an Android phone, you can spend your money on one.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    03-12-17 08:21 AM
    What makes you think Blackberry owes you anything? Why such an entitled attitude? If you want an Android phone, you can spend your money on one.
    my perception is BlackBerry need to support it's OS at first.... having such a faith on BlackBerry we brought those phones, but wht he is dng, releasing latest updates for Android ... recently it released privacy shade for Android ... but for us BlackBerry lovers asking to release app lock, but yet he did't vth in 2 months whatsapp is not supporting also .
    .... raise Ur voice against BlackBerry and make him to support r he need to replace BlackBerry android os

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 10:11 AM
    They've already supported and provided updates for bb10 devices far longer than most manufacturers do.
    DrBoomBotz and elfabio80 like this.
    03-12-17 10:12 AM
    03-12-17 10:19 AM
    my perception is BlackBerry need to support it's OS at first.... having such a faith on BlackBerry we brought those phones, but wht he is dng, releasing latest updates for Android ... recently it released privacy shade for Android ... but for us BlackBerry lovers asking to release app lock, but yet he did't vth in 2 months whatsapp is not supporting also .
    .... raise Ur voice against BlackBerry and make him to support r he need to replace BlackBerry android os

Posted via CB10
    Well, the last BB10 device release was the Passport 2-1/2 years ago. The SE doesn't really count since it's internally the same device. Even so, the SE is close to 2 years old itself.

2 years is ancient in cell-phone years. We're lucky to even get the 10.3.3 update that we got several months back.

The number of "us BlackBerry lovers" have dwindled down to such a marginal size that whatever noise we make still wouldn't be heard.

Even I have resigned to the fact that my next phone will be android (BlackBerry or not).

But then, me hanging on to my nearly 4 year old Z10 hasn't helped BlackBerry in any way. I can't just buy every device that comes along. And what BlackBerry needed was lots of people buying lots of devices over and over again. That didn't happen.

From Chen's point of view, customers left in droves. That doesn't look like loyalty to him. A few thousand "loud loyal" customers remaining don't pay the bills. He has to answer to the stockholders and make them money. Hanging on to BB10 just isn't doing it.

It seems we keep having to explain this concept over and over, doesn't it?

It's like the old man yelling at the sky because it's raining as if that's going to make a difference.

Joel
    03-12-17 10:56 AM
    I bet OP wasn't expecting this reaction.
    03-12-17 11:49 AM
    People have to understand that marketing is the biggest part of having a successful product. Product placement, brand loyalty, even peer pressure comes into play..

I understand what BlackBerry is doing to keep its business roots by going software only and concentrating on Security only solutions. Licensing to TCL may be a great move depending on their execution of the future products.

If TCL can make the BlackBerry brand popular again, chances are that BlackBerry may be able to revisit investing in BB10, until that happens, it doesn't matter what anyone that currently uses the OS thinks or says. There is no point in investing in it if it doesn't sell..

Apple and Samsung do a great job of keeping the brand relevant, placing products in schools for go 4-5-6... to use. They get used to the product, what do you think they will buy when they get older?

My three kids wanted an iPod last month. We went to Costco and the two options they had was the Ipod for almost $300 or a Samsung J3 phone for $175. The all bought the Samsung, cheaper and expandable. Same games and apps as Apple. No BlackBerry option anywhere close to that price point that will offer the apps kids under 14 want.

To summarize.. get the product in the hands of kids in schools, sports teams. .. train them to want the BlackBerry products And when the time comes for them to purchase, chances are.. they will buy BlackBerry..

Posted via CB10
    03-12-17 02:55 PM
    Wrigley owes me some new gum because it eventually lost its flavour!
    Oh, i could still chew it, but it isn't tasty anymore!
    What the F?
    ppeters914 likes this.
    03-12-17 05:37 PM
    I've got a laptop from 2006 that doesn't have working Windows 10 drivers (shocking, I know) but it still works. I demand that Dell replace it with a new one!
    Elephant_Canyon and kbalaz like this.
    03-12-17 05:52 PM
    I've got a laptop from 2006 that doesn't have working Windows 10 drivers (shocking, I know) but it still works. I demand that Dell replace it with a new one!
    For freeeeeee!
    03-12-17 05:54 PM
    People have to understand that marketing is the biggest part of having a successful product. Product placement, brand loyalty, even peer pressure comes into play.
    No, having a product that (enough) people value so that you can sell your product at a profit is what makes a successful product. BB10 as a platform simply wasn't valued by nearly enough people to be viable. Remember: people aren't just buying an OS, they're buying into the entire platform, including the hardware and the ecosystem of apps, services, accessories, and media - and BB10 has never been competitive in any of those areas.

Advertising makes sense once you have those bases covered, or at the very least have high levels of confidence that all of those will come with some advertising - but within 6 months of launch, it was clear to upper management and the BoD that none of those things had been secured, nor were they coming, and spending any additional dollars on advertising would have just dug a deeper hole (remember: not only did BB10 not make a penny in profit, as a product-line, it lost about $10 billion in cash and value).

Just the fact that there were so many returns of BB10 phones - at a far higher rate than other brands, told BB that they missed the mark with the product itself, because those were users who had already spent their money (i.e., some kind of marketing had captured them already) and yet they were exchanging their phone for another brand.

I understand what BlackBerry is doing to keep its business roots by going software only and concentrating on Security only solutions. Licensing to TCL may be a great move depending on their execution of the future products.

If TCL can make the BlackBerry brand popular again, chances are that BlackBerry may be able to revisit investing in BB10, until that happens, it doesn't matter what anyone that currently uses the OS thinks or says. There is no point in investing in it if it doesn't sell..
    For all the reasons I wrote above, BB isn't going to be investing any further in BB10, no matter what. BB10 is a smartphone OS, and they aren't in the smartphone business anymore, except to provide some security and a few apps for Android for other companies to use. Even CBK has advised folks to let it go, because there's realistically a zero chance that BB is ever going to do anything further with BB10. Hell, they laid off the developers 2 years ago and sold the buildings they worked in. It would take a year to hire and train a new staff before they could even begin to work on BB10 again, and at least another year to bring key components current. I promise you, they aren't going to hire a big team and spend 2 years paying for them just to try to get back in the game - where they'd just be right back where they were in 2014, with no apps, services, media, or accessory support.
    matthewkuhl likes this.
    03-12-17 11:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    No, sorry to say, no one is going to give us new phones.
    03-13-17 12:06 AM
    https://www-inquiriesjournal-com.cdn...of-entitlement

now without google

interesting article in itself
    03-13-17 02:00 AM
    For freeeeeee!
    I bet it's cheap to make new drivers too. They COULD if they really wanted to. I hate Michael Dell. I wish they'd fire his sorry butt and bring back the original CEO.

Blackberry Poptart SE - Cricket Wireless
    03-13-17 05:59 AM
    STROM..... BlackBerry didn't provide enough memory in the device for it to function correctly with the OS. STORM 1 owners should have gotten "something" when they rushed out STORM2.

PlayBook.... promises, promises, promises... PlayBook owners should have gotten "something", stripped down version of BB10, or an updated runtime for their OS.

Z10..... Hardware design flaw of not accounting for power requirements of BB10, those spare battery chargers should have come with each phone.

That anyone bought a BB10 phone in the last two years, and expected more than what BlackBerry is giving them....
    jope28 likes this.
    03-13-17 07:23 AM
    I don't think a lot of people realize the very little amount of support that is provided by phone manufacturers after the product is released. Very few (virtually none) provide road maps to state what updates will come etc other than maybe the first guaranteed one. It's just far too big of a liability concern to lock yourself into something that may or may not happen.

So far I'm quite happy with the support I've received from BlackBerry over the years. Would I have liked some other features or changes on BB10? Sure, but the product always functioned just fine for me. With android are they providing the security updates which is at the core of their mandate? Absolutely. Hopefully with more and more leaks and data hacks people will begin to realize the importance of these security patches and whatnot and it may draw them to BlackBerry or at least make these other manufacturers stand up and take note of the importance of this.
    03-13-17 09:22 AM
36 12