I am beginning to think we are reaching a critical moment with blackberry. Android apps run as bad as they did with former os versions. I am not talking about rarely used apps but about standard apps. Especially with having Amazon to deliver their appstore one might expect that a basic app as audible should be working fine. In fact it is a royal pain in the a...

Same as spotify, nfl apps, kindle...you name it.

As long as standard apps don't work as they should BlackBerry will not be able to leave this critical area.

And taking into consideration that we are not hearing anything about new native apps but instead about becoming a supplier for mobile software on ios and android, one might guess that the future is somewhat different from what everybody here expects.

Just wait until Android has a reliable working messaging hub and BlackBerry will lose big time.

Posted via CB10
    I disagree, the Android Apps I use work good, I'm one who is very happy with the progress BlackBerry has made with the ease in which Android Apps load and functionality!
    03-17-15 09:26 AM
    A more sophisticated weather app! More detailed. Especially about natural hazards, such as hurricanes, tornados...

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 09:26 AM
    I think it's about time the browser gets updated so that we can open PDFs and other files in viewers mode in the browser or in a separate tab without forcing us to have to save the file first.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 03:52 PM
    Dark Hub
    Fix the Bluetooth Battery killer.
    Squircle
    And a Slider phone.
    Yeah I know, I might get 1 maybe 2 of these. The other I'll have to win the Lotto and pay to get those.

10.3.1 Still kills the Pepple batteries
    2 out 3 and there hasn't been a 3.2 leak yet.
    Pretty sure this man is psychic!

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 04:46 PM
    Fix the issue where it kills a Pebble battery in a day

Good news friend! Sounds like the 10.3.1.2558 OS version fixed this issue!
    3 users have reported noticeable improvement since upgrading to 10.3.1.2558:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...l#post11463457
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...l#post11464724
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...l#post11465977
    03-18-15 08:44 AM
    I've noticed now when I long press an item in the hub it fully opens the side menu, whereas it used to simply open the symbols first then you could choose to expand the descriptive text. I wish they hadn't changed that. I keep hitting the wrong items. I can adjust and I don't mean to whine... I just wish they hadn't changed something that wasnt broken or to my knowledge ever complained about in these forums.

Posted via CB10
    Long press the subject you get the mini side menu then keep pressing and slide your finger over to what you want, at least that's how it does it in my 10.3.1.2582

From my Zed30 running OS 10.3.1.2558
    03-18-15 09:37 AM
    I want a silent dialer keypad. No beeps while dialing numbers.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 11:42 AM
    I want an OS which can read my mind and perform all operations through physic manipulation, BB Link or Blend through my mind/
    03-18-15 11:45 AM
    I want an OS which can read my mind and perform all operations through physic manipulation, BB Link or Blend through my mind/
    That would be fab. Human brain..! * ROTFL*

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 11:52 AM
    Need dark theme hub similar to 10.2. I am missing dark BlackBerry Hub especially on night time usage.

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 09:22 AM
    Need dark theme hub similar to 10.2. I am missing dark BlackBerry Hub especially on night time usage.

Posted via CB10
    apparently dark HUB is a complicated thing because it was supposed to be on 10.3.1 said clewley in a tweet
    03-19-15 10:05 AM
    BlackBerry themselves actually has a similar thread in their device support forums, I posted these there, I'll copy and paste it here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...erry-OS10-3-1/

- Immediate locking without having to wait at least a minute, as a selectable option, not hold 3 seconds and tap Lock.
    - Better AAC files support. The audio quality playing from my Classic is horrid, I used the same files on my HP Pre 3 and an LG G2 and they were clear. But the files sound blurred and muddy on the Classic.
    - Ability to disable password saving in the browser, not via Private Browsing
    - Custom keyboards and input method like Asmooh said. I'm missing a Cantonese input method, I'm from Hong Kong and we don't speak mandarin there, so the pinyin is less useful

- Better trackpad support. In some places the toolbelt looks like an afterthought. To give an example, to access the "burger menu" (Menu Icon on the bottom left) via the trackpad, one has to scroll beyond the end of the list, then highlight the menu to access. A specific example where this is very annoying is the BlackBerry Hub. You have to scroll through your entire list to the bottom (which can be VERY long), before you get the cursor on the menu button.

- Bluetooth Music. Device should pause music just like a headset being disconnected when Bluetooth A2DP is disconnected. Right now it continues playing on the speaker.

- Also this might be hardware specific, when I use my Xiaomi Piston headphones, only the volume up and middle button works. Volume down button does not work. The Piston headphones works with both Android and iPhones, and since two buttons works as intended already, it could be just a minor software tweak to recognize the buttons properly.

- Additional screen unlocking methods. Where's the basic PIN unlocking?

- Ability to adjust the duration of a vibration notification. The default one is too long for my taste. Have the ability for shorter pulses for multiple so I can fine tune different notifications

- Ability for multiple notification types for each application. e.g. for WhatsApp/BBM messages and group messages I'd like the ability to configure different tones and vibration patterns.

- Here's one for the Android VM. Support for a mouse pointer within the Android VM via the Classic touchpad, cursor behaviour can much like some non-touch Android TV boxes which Android has built-in support. I can see a mouse pointer being very useful for Office Mobile and Citrix. If there could be a setting to switch between a mouse cursor and arrow key emulation that would be great, e.g. via the top swipe settings next to scaling adjustment.

- Advanced Interactions - One thing coming from webOS that was really nice was in the gesture area, if I swipe from edge to edge, it changes cards (i.e. cycles through applications like Alt-Tab on Windows). Would be nice of BB 10 gets that, since it has the same card metaphor for apps. Would be really snappy to copy text between apps.
    03-19-15 10:16 AM
    Landscape mode!!!

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 10:40 AM
    New gestures :
    - for switching apps, what about swipe Up then Left. Contrast to hub peek gesture
    - gesture to directly close the app. Right now we have to minimize it and hit the x. What about swipe bottom to top
    - black hub

Then my bb10 are purefect

Posted via CB10
    03-19-15 10:41 AM
    For me, especially considering bb10 is supposed to be a work horse for the business professional, I think it's imperative that they implement some way to view two apps, or at the very least two Web pages, side by side. At least on the full touch and passport models where the screen size is adequate. So often I'm working on documents or editing notes and having to reference other files on my phone or Web pages and I constantly have to minimize app, open other app, read info, minimize app, open first app, type/edit, minimize app, open second app, read more, etc etc repeat repeat. Especially in file manager. I wish there was a way to view two files within file manager at the same time side by side. My productivity with my z10 would skyrocket! And on a Z30 or passport I can only imagine how much better the experience would be

Posted via CB10
    I personally know how you feel. I don't do business on my Z10 but I am a fan of multitasking and a strong user of such features. Do get tired of not being able to work with two or more apps at the same time

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    03-24-15 07:53 PM
    I can't wait until Crapple and Drab come up with something like a dark hub, so BlackBerry can copy it.

10.3.1.2558 looks to have revived the Pebble Batteries.
    03-24-15 09:30 PM
    1. I seriously wish to have Data Services switched on/off right from Quick Settings. That shouldn't cost too much to implement but would save me (and many others, I guess) from few strokes.
    With that available, it takes only 3 strokes to get Data on/off then back to the current app (activate Quick Settings, change Data Services to On/Off, tap on the app on the screen) .
    Without it, 5 strokes are needed (activate Quick Settings, tap on Mobile Network, change Data Services to On/Off, swipe to to see all running apps, choose the one being worked with) together with the possibility of going to the wrong app.

2. I appreciate the feature that allows a long keypress to enter the capital letters. However, that reminds me of the software KeyCaps on Palm Treo 650 (PalmOS 5.xx). Beside what BlackBerry has for long keypress, that program allows a double press to enter the numbers, special symbols that placed on that key. This, again, is programmingly easy. So I hope it'll be there soon.

Of course this feature is useless on my Passport but it'd be very helpful to other QWERTY BlackBerry including the legacy BBOS devices. In the future, BlackBerry may bring back the numbers and special symbols to Passport keyboard, too.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 09:30 AM
    For me, especially considering bb10 is supposed to be a work horse for the business professional, I think it's imperative that they implement some way to view two apps, or at the very least two Web pages, side by side. At least on the full touch and passport models where the screen size is adequate. So often I'm working on documents or editing notes and having to reference other files on my phone or Web pages and I constantly have to minimize app, open other app, read info, minimize app, open first app, type/edit, minimize app, open second app, read more, etc etc repeat repeat. Especially in file manager. I wish there was a way to view two files within file manager at the same time side by side. My productivity with my z10 would skyrocket! And on a Z30 or passport I can only imagine how much better the experience would be
    I personally know how you feel. I don't do business on my Z10 but I am a fan of multitasking and a strong user of such features. Do get tired of not being able to work with two or more apps at the same time
    You guys should try the app 'Work Wide', it lets you have 2 apps open side by side, each taking up half the screen!
    03-25-15 09:35 AM
    Dark hub.

If you want world peace, start within yourself.
    03-25-15 11:50 AM
    You guys should try the app 'Work Wide', it lets you have 2 apps open side by side, each taking up half the screen!
    Yea I do have the work wide app, and I'll commend them on the work they've done thus far... just feels like for a "business oriented" company that this type of multitasking would be something they've already gotten on top of. Word wide is still limited and unfortunately doesnt allow me to open two instances of the same app (file manager) for example so I can view two PDFs or a pdf and a word doc. I'd love to see blackberry take this feature and fully integrated it into every part of the OS so no apps are off limits

Even the hub, I'd love to be able to have the hub open so I can compose messages while referencing the files I'm talking about in the other half of the screen

Posted via CB10
    03-25-15 12:53 PM
    A hibernate mode or similar. Remember in the old BlackBerry days you turn off your phone and u could turn it on back in less than 5 seconds and alarms would still work etc when off.( u had turning off completely different from battery pull). Now if you turn off your BlackBerry it's equivalent to a battery pull and takes forever to turn on. Blackberry need to bring back that feature.....or even have like a deep sleep mode where everything is off except alarms and the phone doesnt ring vibrate or screen turn on, unless u press the unlock button or an alarm goes off. And no I am not talking about boutique bedside mode, I basically want my phone to be off without having to wait a minute for it to start up

33338F80
    04-12-15 11:26 AM
    For the limited edition phones they should come with the limited edition color keyboard lol. That would be cool if the red passport and the black and gold passport got color keyboard.

The rotation needs to be fixed on 10.3.1. We need dark hub. They need to get rid of the game center. Camera softer needs to be a bit faster. Volume needs to be tweaked, and when I pause a video the video's volume slowly raise. I'm going to need them to fix that.

Posted By My BeastBerry
    04-12-15 11:38 AM
    A flawless phone call. No lags no restrictions on logs. The most out of the experience and Phone perception of BlackBerry phones even on full touch!
    BB 10

Powerfully Encrypted with my Z10
    04-12-15 05:50 PM
    Need Playon feature for android apps.

Miracast alone is good when you have a z10/z30 but when it comes to my passport imagine imaging netflix to my TV.

Playon allows videos to utilize the wide screen TV and works amazing. It also allows me to use my phone at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 07:57 PM
    Multitasking :
    Currently we can open 8 apps at a time, when we need to go to an app from an app first we need to minimise it then select the app to open it.

An option/ gesture should be given which will show all the minimised apps on top of an running app which will save our time while doing multi tasking. Like Windows Alt+TAB.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 12:47 AM
208 ... 6789