I agree with Jan125 about uniformity in the settings. But i say put ALL app settings menus in the right side overflow menu, and have system settings remain a one finger pull down from the top no matter where you are in the phone. This two finger pull is ridiculous

Also get rid of the L swipe in the hub. It's a terrible gesture, it's unreliable for most people I've personally talked to. Come up with a simpler solution for switching between messages in the hub without returning to the hub. Kill the animation process too, I don't want to see the hub before my next message appears. Just take me from message one to message two and that's that

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 08:51 PM
    I agree with Jan125 about uniformity in the settings. But i say put ALL app settings menus in the right side overflow menu, and have system settings remain a one finger pull down from the top no matter where you are in the phone. This two finger pull is ridiculous

Also get rid of the L swipe in the hub. It's a terrible gesture, it's unreliable for most people I've personally talked to. Come up with a simpler solution for switching between messages in the hub without returning to the hub. Kill the animation process too, I don't want to see the hub before my next message appears. Just take me from message one to message two and that's that

Posted via CB10
    Swiping down for app settings in app is one of the best BB10 concepts imo. They could move it to the overflow but that seems like a step backwards like they did with adding a shutter button to the camera in 10.3. I think the two-finger swipe down is brilliant also.
    03-01-15 08:46 AM
    Swiping down for app settings in app is one of the best BB10 concepts imo. They could move it to the overflow but that seems like a step backwards like they did with adding a shutter button to the camera in 10.3. I think the two-finger swipe down is brilliant also.
    One finger swipes are great, fast and efficient, and can be completed with one hand. Two finger swipes require two hands unless your phone is sitting on a table, which is entirely a pain in the *** when you're trying to use your phone on the go, or when you're hands are full.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-15 02:22 PM

Posted via CB10
    The L gesture is excellent, I've never failed to perform it ....
    Whole lot easier than hiding an app then having to swipe to open the hub
    03-02-15 12:47 AM
    How about an actual call log that provides all of the necessary info in an easy to access manner!

 Posted using my Z30 via CB10 
    03-02-15 02:55 AM
    Volume slider
    Off/on switch of android functionality
    Finish the gehddamn screen reader!!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 04:01 AM
    Swedish speaking assistant! Black hub and ability to have bbm on several devices logged in at the same time.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 04:25 AM
    He spoke off the gesture to go to the previous or next message in the hub, not the one to access it. When viewing an email, slide right and then up or down.

But If he's not happy with it, he can always "Display next and previous overlays in Email message" (Hub settings).
    paulwallace1234 likes this.
    03-02-15 08:18 AM
    I would like a password for BBM, so even opening for app can't be done by anyone other than yourself.

No Shade Just Light!!!
    03-02-15 08:40 AM
    Volume levelling or normalizing in the Music app would be a nice addition. All my mp3s have ReplayGain info in the metadata and it would nice if the app read that info to adjust the volume.
    03-02-15 08:50 AM
    There should be more home screens available like in android and there should be active green led indicator when battery is fully charged even phone is on.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-15 08:51 AM
    He spoke off the gesture to go to the previous or next message in the hub, not the one to access it. When viewing an email, slide right and then up or down.

But If he's not happy with it, he can always "Display next and previous overlays in Email message" (Hub settings).
    Ah, that one, weird really, I just did that first time and it worked perfectly.
    03-02-15 09:47 AM
    Too bad the L gesture gets stuck on facebook posts and also saves no time versus just clicking back and clicking the next email/message.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-15 11:43 AM
    1.Built in video compressor
    2.Front camera panorama
    3.Less battery drain from android apps
    4.1080p front camera recording (like seriously why don't they have this, hardware supports It and everything)
    5.Advanced power saving mode( black and white screen, GSM mode, turns off Bluetooth nfc etc, maybe reduces screen resolution and animations)
    6.More than 8 open apps( I mean 8 is enough but still)
    7.Fix bug where I can't use two fingers to pull down quick settings when in landscape
    8.Something to be done about those pesky Google play services sigh!!!!
    9. Improve assistant (kinda slow and basic)
    10. More advanced equalizer
    11. App lock( come on BlackBerry is the most secure phone in the world this is just a needed feature in my opinion)
    12. Smileys built into the keyboard...I can only use them in like whatsapp and sms
    33338F80
    03-08-15 01:28 PM
    ICE phone contact visible on locked screen so that in case of an emergency the ICE contact can be notified even though the phone is locked.

Posted via the cutest little fantastic phone ever!
    03-08-15 03:50 PM
    ICE phone contact visible on locked screen so that in case of an emergency the ICE contact can be notified even though the phone is locked.
    It's already there : Settings > Security and Privacy > Lock Screen and change Lock Screen Message. I have ICE1 and ICE2 on two lines
    03-09-15 06:50 AM
    Hehe yes I also realised that, although using the picture lock the lines don't show unless you abort the picture password. I'd like an ice on the picture password aswell. Just like the emergency option is there you know?

Posted via the cutest little fantastic phone ever!
    03-09-15 06:55 AM
    Dark Hub has been pending quite long. First we were waiting that it is going to be along with official 10.3.1 but no news.
    03-09-15 07:26 AM
    Hehe yes I also realised that, although using the picture lock the lines don't show unless you abort the picture password.
    Just stop your slide up at the middle or use the power button. I guess any person getting the phone will use the power button as a first choice
    03-09-15 07:39 AM
    Bring back touch anywhere to take a picture

Z10
    andorious and BionicKris like this.
    03-09-15 07:55 AM
    I hate passwords and pins, but fear the idea of losing an unprotected phone. There is a nice feature other OS's have, which I'd love to see on BlackBerry. Location based unlock. For example, if your at home or work or connected to a Bluetooth or WiFi the lock feature is disabled. If at home, work or car you have no need for password, when your away from those spots that u set up you'll need to enter your password.

Posted via CB10
    03-09-15 07:58 AM
    My suggestions:
    - immediate screen lock after power off the screen, or press the power button
    - option to turn off/on, customizing the lock screen notices (calendar, email, sms)
    - hide completely the actual characters in password input fields
    - cloud sync option for bookmarks and saved passwords
    - automatic WiFi turn off action (e.g. for Power Tools)
    03-09-15 09:46 AM
    A fix for all the below stuff,

-Radio was never good on Z10 -1 . Switching between 3G and 2G is sure quite broken.
    - Also latest Google Maps Doesn't work still.
    - Battery life is not good in idle mod. Also it is mostly consumed by system, PIM and screen etc.
    - Keyboard predictions are going for a toss. Also sometimes it works quite heavy.
    - Lock screen is just so waste still. It should be opened for developers.
    - Phone app, not the best. And also quite locked down. (ask Truecaller)
    - Contact not open for even WhatsApp to integrate.
    - Earlier when you copy and try to paste in another window, automatically popped up menu used to come. Now its no more the case.
    - Hub is just so much simple. Big features still missing for email and effective way to manage it and not cluttered.
    - BBM, well one of the worst apps, eats a lot of battery and groups is still not good enough as per the competition.
    - Overall memory cache load is bad. Opening apps takes time to load the data in it. E.g pictures, videos, chats etc.
    - assistant quite half baked
    - OS overall is quite heavy. Though I still don't know why they say BB 10 is the most fast and low memory consumption OS. I feel it's other way round.
    - Hub integration and headless notifications are quite difficult to implement and also gets broken quite often.
    - active frames are still useless. They should look like windows somehow (different sizes and functions should be performed on it without full screen.
    - browser again quite heavy app. Should be re written. No sync features also.
    - share framework is slow
    - photo editing is quite basic and no api for developers.
    - Android apps are faster than before but nowhere close to native which bb thinks only for productivity apps (its a different thing that most new apps are junk)
    - focus is lost on apps such as mockup, blend etc. I don't see them getting updates now.
    - OS updates are slow. I know it's tough. But if we have to go beyond the competition then we need to push harder.
    - last but quite important, camera. It's pathetic with focus and terrible during night. Can't even think of comparison with Nokia or Samsung.

Hope people don't take me wrong. Put it here in a hope that BlackBerry would read and try to get the things right.

BlackBerry 10 is going good but they need to fix these above first before something new. OS indeed feels quite heavy now. It has to somehow run very well on 1 GB RAM.

There are more points but I guess these are the top most issues.

Posted via CB10
    very good list but I highly doubt this is going to happen. 10.3.1 UI change took a year to come out under the new management and after layoffs. Expect 1 little feature out of that list
    03-15-15 07:50 PM
    I am beginning to think we are reaching a critical moment with blackberry. Android apps run as bad as they did with former os versions. I am not talking about rarely used apps but about standard apps. Especially with having Amazon to deliver their appstore one might expect that a basic app as audible should be working fine. In fact it is a royal pain in the a...

Same as spotify, nfl apps, kindle...you name it.

As long as standard apps don't work as they should BlackBerry will not be able to leave this critical area.

And taking into consideration that we are not hearing anything about new native apps but instead about becoming a supplier for mobile software on ios and android, one might guess that the future is somewhat different from what everybody here expects.

Just wait until Android has a reliable working messaging hub and BlackBerry will lose big time.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 07:06 AM
    tinder, spotify, shazam, onenote, play, snapchat, instagram, feedly, xbox one smartglass, seatgeek, connect, series guide, bandsintown all running fine. It's just the start up that is slow compared to lollipop but that's because it's running dalvik vs lollipop ARM. BB10 inhouse/core apps are really slow to start up too for some reason but that's another story.

The runtime is getting better but it's lacking headless and OS integration on the most important apps which sucks. This is what BlackBerry really needs to be on top of and their inhouse apps need to be updated big time.

BTW: BlackBerry announced for the HUB and other PIM apps is coming to iOS and Android. Plus there are already HUB ripoffs on android that get updated pretty regularly.
    03-17-15 08:51 AM
208 ... 56789