Ron actually said it, Chen was just dribbling in answering it.

Posted via CB10
    haha my bad
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    12-17-14 11:15 PM
    Wow never seen a group of ungrateful people like the one here. GO INSTALL A LEAK!!!

Posted via My Beast Q10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-17-14 11:49 PM
    Hmm, disappointed at the delay... will try the leaks then in the meantime

Posted via CB10
    10.3.1.1154 is working great for me on my z30 and z10.

Posted via CB 10 on my Z30 (STA100-5) w 10.3.1.1151
    12-17-14 11:50 PM
    Somebody pointed out that Apple gets an update once a year every fall, and Android twice a year.

Guess how many OS updates we got in 2 years.

Posted via CB10
    12-17-14 11:58 PM
    if the classic sells ....(i hope so) than we will get 10.3.1 for old devices starting from february ....
    If the classic doesnt sell ...then i believe we will get the last os very quickly....
    I really dont believe that blackberry isnt ready with the os ...so many months know...
    Blackberry are you kidding ? You gave 10.3 on classic with 2 year old specs ...and cant give it to the Z30 that has better specs and performs better ...
    Come on guys ,its all about making money $$$$$$
    Big mistake not supporting old consumers that are keeping you alive...
    I really believe that firstly you had to give the new os to old consumers and then for the f@$#n 2 year old classic...
    Shame of you
    12-18-14 12:15 AM
    if the classic sells ....(i hope so) than we will get 10.3.1 for old devices starting from february ....
    If the classic doesnt sell ...then i believe we will get the last os very quickly....
    I really dont believe that blackberry isnt ready with the os ...so many months know...
    Blackberry are you kidding ? You gave 10.3 on classic with 2 year old specs ...and cant give it to the Z30 that has better specs and performs better ...
    Come on guys ,its all about making money $$$$$$
    Big mistake not supporting old consumers that are keeping you alive...
    I really believe that firstly you had to give the new os to old consumers and then for the f@$#n 2 year old classic...
    Shame of you
    That's not the way it works. They will first try to sell whatever is new with an advantage and then update their older devices. This is not only done with BlackBerry.

Also there is planned obsolescence. I'm sure if BlackBerry decides not to update older phones to 10.3.2 or 10.4 we'd have a load of complaints again. :/

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 12:26 AM
    Pqb

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 12:27 AM
    That's not the way it works. They will first try to sell whatever is new with an advantage and then update their older devices. This is not only done with BlackBerry.

Also there is planned obsolescence. I'm sure if BlackBerry decides not to update older phones to 10.3.2 or 10.4 we'd have a load of complaints again. :/

Posted via CB10
    i disagree with you
    This happens to all companies of course when they introduce a new product ...but the new product of course has better specs that can run smoother the new os ....
    Classic is almost a Q10 and also classic is a downgrade to Z30 when we are talking about specs ...
    If the os runs on older specs than of course it can run on newer ones...and of course better .
    12-18-14 12:33 AM
    i disagree with you
    This happens to all companies of course when they introduce a new product ...but the new product of course has better specs that can run smoother the new os ....
    Classic is almost a Q10 and also classic is a downgrade to Z30 when we are talking about specs ...
    If the os runs on older specs than of course it can run on newer ones...and of course better .
    The issue is not if the Z30 can run it better, it's the fact that the Classic is the newer phone that BlackBerry will try to push.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 01:04 AM
    The issue is not if the Z30 can run it better, it's the fact that the Classic is the newer phone that BlackBerry will try to push.

Posted via CB10
    im saying the same thing....you agree with me
    Its all about $$$$$
    F#$%k old consumers ...
    If you want to give new os only to new devices from the beginning , then you must give specs also....
    You gave it to passport fine ....if you release it to older specs then give it to older devices also, or dont give it at all (including Classic)
    These 2 things just go together as all companies do .....
    Its the first time in history i believe a company gives a new OS on older spec device ....
    Last edited by Naeg1995; 12-18-14 at 01:32 AM.
    12-18-14 01:15 AM
    Haha, unfortunately that's the way it is :/.

But we got to deal with it since we want more BlackBerrys. And a Z30 successor hopefully.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 01:19 AM
    This is how I feel about it honestly.

Passport gets release with 10.3 all others must wait
    Classic gets released with 10.3.1 all others must wait
    "Rio" gets released with 10.3.2 all others must wait.
    "Visa" gets released with 10.4 all others must wait.

It just feels like, "Legacy" BB10 devices are being left behind and we never getting updates. I do fully understand that BlackBerry wants to sell new devices and I'm all for that, but BlackBerry releases a few phones during the year. So if they leave 2 - 3 months open to "sell the device" then each new phone release would overlap and "Legacy" devices never see an update.

I know I'm in the minority here but I don't think people would buy the classic just for the new OS. They purchase the device because they like it. So holding back the new OS to "sell the devices" is rubbish IMO IMO IMO

Posted via BlackBerry Q5 on 10.2.1.3442
    Naeg1995 and user5240 like this.
    12-18-14 01:54 AM
    The comparison with apple is a bit **** actually.

Reason:

Apple rolls out a Huge update every single year with the release of a new device. That's correct. But there it is where it gets ugly.

The updates are coming with really big changes and one of the main problem is the battery life of the iPhones. Every single time a new ios is released, the search engines are full with:' iOS xxx Battery drain', or 'How to fix battery drain on the new iOS xxx'.
    For example: my iPhone 4S had a really good battery life (lasted at least 8 hours that is haha) on iOS 6.1.4.
    From the day on I installed the new released iOS 7 it only lasted for 4 hours. So that's significantly reduced it, plus it was slow so I got fed up with it. I was just clever enough to break through the apple religion and buy a BlackBerry Z30.

So Apples strategy seems to be making older devices slow so people get fed up with their older iPhones so they buy the new iPhones which was being released.

As far as I have seen it BlackBerry is making the new OS snappier for all BB10 devices and is working on a nicer flow of the OS.

So who is the good one in this game?

I need to admit that the release at February is really disappointing. They should come out way earlier with it. But I think they want to make it a good OS for everyone.

Posted via CB10
    BSar likes this.
    12-18-14 02:08 AM
    It's not all about holding the new os for the new devices. It's about the new devices having different hardware additions that need to be implemented in the os and this takes time. The Passport has the touch enabled keyboard, the Classic has the toolbelt and the OS has to be optimised to include the new features too. It's not an easy job since the changes needed are OS wide and also add/ update API's. We all can see how the leaks work on Passport, with flickering screen and sometimes useless touch keyboard implementation (i don't know if anybody noticed but, for example, when I open a link in a new tab in the browser the scroll from the touch keyboard is not working). I'd rather wait for 1 more month and get a decent OS update for my device than getting another half baked one.
    Also, we all forget one very important thing: all the BB10 devices will be updated and get all the features (ofc, all that are not hardware dependant) of 10.3.1. This is not a small thing, check out how other device makers update their older devices... And one more thing, that BB guy said they targeted february but it's dependant on carriers... This clearly means they will deliver the OS to the carriers in January and it will be available sooner than February for us via Sachesi (not counting an imminent leak) and I am sure that there will be carriers who move faster with the release and we can all benefit from this.
    12-18-14 02:08 AM
    why why why ?
    Why are you all asking ?
    The answer is cause blackberry wants to sell the new devices.....
    In my opinion big mistake ....
    Disclaimer : FWIW and pure speculation on my own.
    One of the major advantage of 10.3.x is Blend.
    Blend is a killer feature.
    But Blend is still at early stage and many wonder how far could it go or discuss about the latest additions (timed messages, message retractation ...) and point out these may be polished (to say the least).
    Just imagine the whole BB10.2 fleet is upgraded right now ... there will have deception (and the usual ranters, etc).

What if we consider this as a pretty interesting perspective rather than a "delay" (btw, I'm not aware of any official date exposed before yesterday) ?
    Just sayin', for 2cents.
    KemKev likes this.
    12-18-14 03:55 AM
    Wel then i know a LOT of friends who will no longer be on BlackBerry...
    Yez they can run leaks (i do use them). But BlackBerry is late again on the software part and this for a company who is aiming @ software?

I won't switch but a lot of people will...
    Late again? Did BBRY give an official release date? Should they release it as is or take a couple of months to make it better?
    12-18-14 04:23 AM
    I will patiently wait for the download, whether it's in Feb or whenever 2016. I am loving my Z30 just as it is! :-)

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 05:30 AM
    February will only be the start, they never said where and what carriers during the Q/A. You could get it February......you could be waiting longer.
    Or if they said 'target' is February that could also mean they expect everyone to be on 10.3.1 by February. Others who are not dependent on carriers can get it earlier?

I'm just hoping.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 05:59 AM
    When will the next leaks come out? And will it be 10.3.2 or 10.4?

10.4 would definetly have a coolfactor and make Blackberry go green. Just like AMD should have made a K9 processor back in the day.
    12-18-14 06:43 AM
    Feb. So after the Z10 is 2 years old it will officially get 10.3.1. that didn't take long
    12-18-14 06:43 AM
    actyally they been quite fast. from 10.0.0 that's a new major update at least every 6 months. Google ain't that fast at trowing out new candy...
    12-18-14 07:06 AM
    Peace On Earth coming Dec. 25th, 2014. (rumor)
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-18-14 07:20 AM
    I guess we will know more about it tomorrow. Maybe they will drop a word on 10.3.1 along with quarterly reports.Anyone??

Posted via CB10
    12-18-14 07:31 AM
    Already there is a word from Mr Chen, 10.3.1will release hopefully in feb-2015

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    12-18-14 08:42 AM
    We're almost there. Feb is not that far away. 10.2.1 is still an excellent build IMO. It's not like we are on 10.1 and waiting for 10.3.1 to come down. That would suck.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    12-18-14 09:24 AM
166 ... 23456 ...