Yesterday, I told an Optus sales rep that there are only two TRUE mobile devices on the market. He's was like, "how so?" I answered, Apple and Blackberry. You may wonder how I came about with that? Think about it. Apple has IOS and BlackBerry has OS5, 6, 7 and now OS10. All other mobile devices on the market bundles with a third party. The successful Samsung runs Android with the likes of HTC. The other brand devices run the Windows app.

Blackberry needs to come back to their roots, realizing that RIM (the founder) placed mobile communication on the map. BlackBerry (a true mobile device) needs to live up to the reputation of the early years.

Do you agree BlackBerry as a true mobile device? Let's show we care and boost consumer confidence...without the BlackBerry market growing confidence the company can't get the financial support needed.
    John Pawling and akabbani like this.
    09-19-13 08:00 PM
    Sure, but the counter argument could be made that with more collaboration you can have a better phone, i.e. all Android phones.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 08:04 PM
    Optus reps are not very well educated on anything other than Samsung.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    09-20-13 12:34 AM
    Could of just said "fruits!!!"

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 12:42 AM
    Although I love my BlackBerries I really don't understand why you wouldn't consider an Android based phone a TRUE mobile device...

That's like saying a Bentley Continental GT is'nt a TRUE car because the engine is made by Audi.
    09-20-13 07:19 AM
    Yesterday, I told an Optus sales rep that there are only two TRUE mobile devices on the market. He's was like, "how so?" I answered, Apple and Blackberry. You may wonder how I came about with that? Think about it. Apple has IOS and BlackBerry has OS5, 6, 7 and now OS10. All other mobile devices on the market bundles with a third party. The successful Samsung runs Android with the likes of HTC. The other brand devices run the Windows app.

Blackberry needs to come back to their roots, realizing that RIM (the founder) placed mobile communication on the map. BlackBerry (a true mobile device) needs to live up to the reputation of the early years.

Do you agree BlackBerry as a true mobile device? Let's show we care and boost consumer confidence...without the BlackBerry market growing confidence the company can't get the financial support needed.
    Not sure at all what you are trying to say about "true." I do know, obv only owning two blackberry devices, that this opinion that Android is something less than blackberry is short sighted and doesn't being to ask the real questions as to what exactly does the market want from a smartphone now adays. The days of rapid communication were very big with blackberry but to be honest that was only a sliver of what todays smartphones are used for and as such blackberrys focus on that left them behind. Apple and android phones, and more increasingly Windows phones, are becoming far too feature rich and functional for blackberry to compete when their new devices barely gain parity with regards to features. Sure android is skinned but the apps work, the skins provide features such a blink feed where info is consolidated (kinda like hub but for entertainment as well). who really cares if its "true" or not, does it do what the market wants...and the z10 sales kinda show that it doesn't do what the market wants. I personally really like my z10 due to communications but I don't claim to be in the majority.
    09-21-13 07:32 AM
    LOL someone always has to make the automotive comparison. Bentley are owned by VW/Audi. So not a very good comparison from the outset.

Posted using my Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1323
    Mr.G_under likes this.
    09-21-13 08:14 AM
    "How so"...is code for "are you here to buy something or not?".

I'm guessing "not".

Posted via CB10
    09-21-13 08:55 AM

Sorry, I have no idea what you are even trying to say.
    09-21-13 03:25 PM
    I agree with the OP blackberry makes all the stuff for there phone and OEM accessories. Apple doesn't even do that you don't see people walking around with an apple case lol so I only consider BlackBerry as the one and only true mobile computing company

Posted via CB10 via My Q10
    Mr.G_under likes this.
    09-21-13 09:58 PM