Hello,

The last months I read a lot of articles about the dawnfall of BB10 and Blackberry. But I was wandering. Did Blackberry official stopped the support of this OS and we dont see an update again?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-17 12:15 PM
    BlackBerry will officially announce end of support long after they actually stop supporting it in any real way.

It all comes down to what you define as “support”.
    10-15-17 12:31 PM
    The last official statement I heard from Chen is that BB10 was supported. The lack of recent updates and patches says otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-17 05:27 PM
    CB is now BlackBerry support.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-17 06:15 PM
    CB is now BlackBerry support.

Posted via CB10
    Does he mean customer support or updates to OS? I think BlackBerry did officially stop customer support and directs people to Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-17 07:24 PM
    Does he mean customer support or updates to OS? I think BlackBerry did officially stop customer support and directs people to Crackberry.

Posted via CB10
    At this point, maybe both...
    10-15-17 07:27 PM
    CB is only a replacement for the BlackBerry support FORUMS. BlackBerry still supports the devices directly in all other ways.
    10-15-17 07:40 PM
    The OS is still supported in security just like the original one but it think that's about it, it's a dying OS now
    10-15-17 09:23 PM
    The OS is still supported in security just like the original one but it think that's about it, it's a dying OS now
    How so with no update?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-17 10:33 PM
    How so with no update?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry always keeps the security at high class when they control the software it may not get monthly updates like the PRIV and KEYone but that's because BBOS and BB10 are more secure and BlackBerry is always keeping the security strong without having to push out a physical update
    vincentkong likes this.
    10-15-17 11:01 PM
    I haven't received 10.3.3 on my classic yet. And now this BBM issue. I don't think they are gonna support their OS anymore.

Posted via The Classic
    10-15-17 11:14 PM
    How so with no update?

Posted via CB10
    Of the major phone OS vulnerabilities found this year on iOS, Android, Windows Phone, etc, how many also worked on BB10?

There's more to security than just monthly patching, if a vulnerability was found for BB10 I'm sure we'd see some sort of a response from BlackBerry. They're still testing and posting notices for BB10 devices after all (most recently for Blueborne).
    10-15-17 11:14 PM
    nobody's out there trying to find exploits in BB10 because nobody cares. Hackers are in the same boat as app developers: there's no money to be made in chasing less than < 0.1% of the market.
    Wezard and anon(8679041) like this.
    10-16-17 05:38 AM
    nobody's out there trying to find exploits in BB10 because nobody cares. Hackers are in the same boat as app developers: there's no money to be made in chasing less than < 0.1% of the market.
    Yup, not worth their time for such a small market share.

And they are falling behind with some security aspects such as certificates.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-17 06:12 AM
    "Security thru obscurity."
    AllanQuatermain and Flatman like this.
    10-16-17 06:52 AM
    BlackBerry always keeps the security at high class when they control the software it may not get monthly updates like the PRIV and KEYone but that's because BBOS and BB10 are more secure and BlackBerry is always keeping the security strong without having to push out a physical update
    Sorry but BBOS is known to have a number of security risks at this point.... The key to security is updates and irrelevance. Only one of those applies to BB10.
    10-16-17 07:10 AM
    "Security thru obscurity."
    A fancy translation of "commercial failure."
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    10-16-17 08:16 AM
    Will Blackberry be issuing BB10 and BBOS patches for KRACK vulnerabilities?
    10-16-17 10:48 AM
    That hasn't stopped them from finding exploits for Windows Phone or Tizen this year.

Will Blackberry be issuing BB10 and BBOS patches for KRACK vulnerabilities?
    Are they vulnerable?

Edit: BBOS is also EOS

https://ca.blackberry.com/support/bu...ort-life-cycle
    10-16-17 11:10 AM
    I agree with you to a point. But BB10 is built using many industry standards. If the vulnerability is found in one of these, will BlackBerry issue patches?
    10-16-17 12:03 PM
    I agree with you to a point. But BB10 is built using many industry standards. If the vulnerability is found in one of these, will BlackBerry issue patches?
    Highly unlikely.
    10-16-17 12:10 PM
    Are they vulnerable?
    Yes. Every un-patched device using WPA2 is vulnerable.
    10-16-17 01:49 PM
    I was hoping after being awarded almost a bil they'd throw some of it towards OS 10 development. I absolutely despise Android OS, WinMo and iOS. The KeyOne, Priv etc are just Androids with DTEK and a BB logo. OS 10 has been a great alternative and now that's soon gone?
    10-16-17 02:18 PM
    Yes. Every un-patched device using WPA2 is vulnerable.
    BB10 may not be vulnerable. I don't know if it uses Linux derived WPA2 client and if it does if it uses a 2.4 version. Old versions of Android less than 6.0 are not affected because the WPA2 is too old. Given BB10 wifi probably hasn't been touched in years, I'm guessing its safe.
    10-16-17 02:27 PM
    I was hoping after being awarded almost a bil they'd throw some of it towards OS 10 development. I absolutely despise Android OS, WinMo and iOS. The KeyOne, Priv etc are just Androids with DTEK and a BB logo. OS 10 has been a great alternative and now that's soon gone?

If you had an old junker with a blown engine and no collectable value, and a big town car that was clean and ran well and you used to bring in some income as a taxi. If you got a windfall, which would you sink some money into?

Chen is still trying to make BlackBerry a long term software company... a couple of good quarters does not a success make. Any spending he is going to do is money he hopes to see a return on.

Like so many other BlackBerry "could have been" stories (STORM, PLAYBOOK).... it over for BB10
    10-16-17 02:30 PM
48 12