BB10 may not be vulnerable. I don't know if it uses Linux derived WPA2 client and if it does if it uses a 2.4 version. Old versions of Android less than 6.0 are not affected because the WPA2 is too old. Given BB10 wifi probably hasn't been touched in years, I'm guessing its safe.
    It probably isn't safe.
    https://arstechnica.com/information-...i-fi-security/

Android 6.0 is vulnerable to four-way handshake attacks, whereas some other platforms are not. But all platforms seem to be open to group key handshake attacks.

Also,
    Is my device vulnerable?

Probably. Any device that uses Wi-Fi is likely vulnerable. Contact your vendor for more information.
    10-16-17 03:09 PM
    Well most say BB10 is dead, and Blackberry has been dead for 12 years now, yet they are now turning a profit. My Passport is running perfect, and it is a way better system than my Keyone android mess. Just keep in mind, if you leave BB10 for a blackberry android, create a new BBID for the android unit. If you use your original BBID version over to android, you no longer can bring it back if you wish to return to BB10 like I have.
    10-16-17 03:32 PM
    BB10 may not be vulnerable. I don't know if it uses Linux derived WPA2 client and if it does if it uses a 2.4 version. Old versions of Android less than 6.0 are not affected because the WPA2 is too old. Given BB10 wifi probably hasn't been touched in years, I'm guessing its safe.
    Pre-Marshmallow is still affected, just not to the same degree. Everything under the sun seems to have some form of vulnerability to this.
    10-16-17 04:43 PM
    Yes. Every un-patched device using WPA2 is vulnerable.
    Not necessarily, Android and Linux seem to be the most vulnerable.

There's some good news: Most current versions of iOS and Windows aren't vulnerable, or are only vulnerable in one niche circumstance, because of the way Apple and Microsoft implemented the WPA2 standard to prevent resends of the third handshake message.
    https://www.wired.com/story/krack-wi...vulnerability/

I assume we'll see a BB10 specific announcement here at some point to find out just how vulnerable it is,

https://us.blackberry.com/enterprise...-response-team
    10-16-17 05:09 PM
    I was hoping after being awarded almost a bil they'd throw some of it towards OS 10 development. I absolutely despise Android OS, WinMo and iOS. The KeyOne, Priv etc are just Androids with DTEK and a BB logo. OS 10 has been a great alternative and now that's soon gone?
    If you flushed your employer's money down a sewer, how long would you keep your job? BB10 can't provide any revenue that exceeds operating cost. It never could. Impossible from day one. It never offered a single revenue generation feature that I can think of.
    10-16-17 05:12 PM
    If you flushed your employer's money down a sewer, how long would you keep your job? BB10 can't provide any revenue that exceeds operating cost. It never could. Impossible from day one. It never offered a single revenue generation feature that I can think of.
    Pffft...
    Revenue generation is for wimps.
    Squandering is king!! 😀
    G_Unit MVP likes this.
    10-17-17 08:42 AM
    Pffft...
    Squandering is king!!
    Yes, according to some on here.....LMAO
    10-17-17 09:17 AM
    Yes, according to some on here.....LMAO
    I, for one, deserve everything I want for free.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    10-17-17 10:12 AM
    I, for one, deserve everything I want for free.
    I don't want anything for free. I just want other people to pay for my expensive stuff!

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-17-17 10:34 AM
    Yet we are all running the OS fine now and BlackBerry spends almost zero developing it. How many years has BlackBerry spent nearly zero on BB10? 3 or 4 years? And it's still better than its competitors.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 12:04 PM
    Pffft...
    Squandering is king!! 😀
    How does BlackBerry's revenue generation look during Chen's tenure? Try to find a company that has done worse.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 12:05 PM
    How does BlackBerry's revenue generation look during Chen's tenure? Try to find a company that has done worse.

Posted via CB10
    When you start at -$965 million a quarter, that's a tough comparison.

The last quarter was +$19 million. Almost a billion dollar turnaround.
    10-17-17 12:40 PM

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry under Thorsten Heins?
    10-17-17 12:45 PM

Right. Revenues were much higher, but the losses were much worse. It doesn't matter if you have $100B in revenue if you have $101B in expenses! At some point a company needs to make a profit to survive.

Posted with my trusty Z10
    10-17-17 12:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    I'd answer this question for you but it appears three others have answered rather well. I'm sure you're busy right now and just haven't been able to respond.
    10-17-17 07:11 PM

Revenue, not net income.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 10:32 PM
    Revenue, not net income.

Posted via CB10
    What matters more?
    10-17-17 10:47 PM

Posted via CB10
    I found one that did worse:

Blackberry!

Revenue this, revenue that... let's look at NET INCOME. Not how much you bring in, but how much you KEEP.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...im-since-2009/

Hmm... FY 2014, which would include calendar year 2013 (remember that? when BB10 launched?)... 5.8 BILLION dollar net loss. But... but... mah REVENUE was up!
    10-18-17 08:20 AM
    What matters more?
    Revenue obviously, because it makes him feel like he's right.

So if I was offered a $100,000 per year job, but had to move to a city where my cost of living was $300,000 annually, I would still be doing better because it's a pay increase!
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-18-17 08:23 AM
    What matters more?
    Cash flow is all that really matters. At the end of the day you need to have more cash in the til than you have spent. I have been in business for almost 30 years nd it amazes me how many MBAs can't get this concept. I had a great finance Professor in college that hammered this home.

BlackBerry's EBITA was completely out of wack when Chen took over. Worse they had massive negative cash flow. BlackBerry had way too many expenses. Compounding the problem was BlackBerry's manufacturing contracts structure. While BlackBerry appeared to have over two billion in cash, most of this was security for the parts inventory held by their manufacturing partners. This is the main reason BlackBerry needed to borrow 1 Billion in cash. Also why many financial analysts in 2013 predicted BlackBerry would be out of cash by mid 2015.

The fact that BlackBerry is not only still in business but posted solid results last quarter is a testament to Chen's leadership. Looking at their current stock price and articles I have read in the financial press I am not alone in this assessment.
    Last edited by eshropshire; 10-19-17 at 01:48 AM.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    10-19-17 12:57 AM
    There is no rule like one always matters more than the other. Ask Amazon investors which mattered more from 1997 through 2016. They will say revenue.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-17 10:09 PM
    There is no rule like one always matters more than the other. Ask Amazon investors which mattered more from 1997 through 2016. They will say revenue.

Posted via CB10
    No they will tell you cash flow. The only reason that institutional money continued and continues to support Bezos is cash flow. Years of paper losses would have never been tolerated except for Amazon cash flow. Everybody tells you the golden rule. Those with the gold make the rules and the rules have always been cash flow. Revenues, earnings, profits and losses can all be rearranged with accounting tricks.

Cash flow is either there or it's not and that determines whether your financiers allow you to continue or not. This was big reason why Prem wanted Chen. There was no cash left to any margin of error. Chen was expected to generate immediate positive cash flow with the cash infusion from Prem and then increase that cash flow positive forward.

Anything that could be monetized has been monetized or is being monetized.
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    10-20-17 11:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    That is because Amazon was a growing business with deep pockets. Amazon had large cash reserves. Investors believed Amazon's growth was going to continue. BlackBerry on the other hand for years lived on one main profitable revenue stream - BIS revenue. Once the cash from BIS started to rapidly decline cash flow became a major problem for BlackBerry.
    Last edited by eshropshire; 10-22-17 at 02:38 PM.
    10-22-17 03:16 AM
48 12