When is blackberry going to me what I want? It is quite simple we need a new software update, emoji's, and android apps such as instagram, snapchat, etc. Is it that hard to please your users?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 11-13-14 at 03:49 PM. Reason: cleaned as best i can
    11-13-14 11:41 AM
    It's coming soon.... No platform really pleases all users, but if you need emoji's and full android apps support.... you might find that soon is much later than you will like.

Software update is within a few months.
    emoji's...
    Android Apps - hard for BlackBerry to hit a moving target, and Android is quickly moving away from an open source, everyone can use it platform.
    Last edited by BigBadWulf; 11-13-14 at 03:49 PM. Reason: removed quote
    11-13-14 12:05 PM
    Try the 1016 blitz update using Sachesi 2.0. Extremely stable and easy. Drag and drop.

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    11-13-14 12:10 PM
    I'm curious about this topic also. I remember hearing when BlackBerry will run android apps. Majority of my android apps run very poorly. Some don't load at all while others take forever to load. When loaded they crash and make my phone really hot. They are somewhat functional but not ideal at all and nothing like a normal app. I have snap and amazon app store and the story is still the same. Just like people say oh my phone can run android apps. Well my experience is a really really bad one. I have a feeling with the updated run time it's going to be slightly better but more of the same story. First time in year's that I'm really looking at android and apple because this experience is not what I want.

Posted via CB10
    Appsdk likes this.
    11-13-14 04:30 PM
    U guys ***** about apps all the time dam.

Posted via CB10
    sam81 likes this.
    11-13-14 04:45 PM
    I think the new Android Runtime on 10.3.1 will improve Android support.

Hopefully it won't be so slow that it's barely usable.

We should be able to see emoji in 10.3.1.

Hoping we can SEND emoji soon.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 07:22 PM
    If you wanted all of that why did you even bother with BlackBerry? It's not as if it's a secret that BlackBerry doesn't have much app selection from BlackBerry World. BlackBerry is more know for security, email and texting. If I'm thinking apps, then I would focus on android and iOS since they have a ton of apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-13-14 07:23 PM
    I am currently running 10.3.1016. On my Z10. Use Sachesi 2.0, get the blitz update, development mode, drag and drop. It's not hard!

Android apps, Snap, all run VERY smoothly!

" I do not think that word means what you think it means. "
    11-13-14 07:25 PM
    Email is the same as ios and android. Texting is the same. The app situation needs to be fixed why do you think BlackBerry went to amazon android apps? It needs help and for all you out there saying apps aren't everything are basically stuck with 2010 BlackBerry. It's time to move on. Apps are 100% part of a mobile platform experience. Are they everything, no but they sure as hell are needed for everyone. Deal with it already and move on.

Posted via CB10
    devin266 and sam81 like this.
    11-13-14 08:33 PM
    I'm curious about this topic also. I remember hearing when BlackBerry will run android apps. Majority of my android apps run very poorly. Some don't load at all while others take forever to load. When loaded they crash and make my phone really hot. They are somewhat functional but not ideal at all and nothing like a normal app. I have snap and amazon app store and the story is still the same. Just like people say oh my phone can run android apps. Well my experience is a really really bad one. I have a feeling with the updated run time it's going to be slightly better but more of the same story. First time in year's that I'm really looking at android and apple because this experience is not what I want.

Posted via CB10
    I agree all the amazon apps I have tried have run slow and poor. I'm not on 10.3.1 yet as I have a z10. Also the native twitter Facebook and internet keep crashing. Apps are A big part of the phone system and experience. I love the flow of bb10 but the everyday experience is 6/10. Shame.

Posted by my splendid Z10
    11-15-14 04:56 AM
    BlackBerry needs to do nothing for you. Get an android or an iPhone.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
    11-15-14 10:53 AM
    Whine....

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    geo1nah2a and AlexB1227 like this.
    11-15-14 11:06 AM
    I agree all the amazon apps I have tried have run slow and poor. I'm not on 10.3.1 yet as I have a z10. Also the native twitter Facebook and internet keep crashing. Apps are A big part of the phone system and experience. I love the flow of bb10 but the everyday experience is 6/10. Shame.

Try updating or deleting some garbage from your phone. And apps on a media/SD card run extra slow, just so you know.

Posted via CB10
    11-15-14 08:33 PM
    I think people are having a hard time swallowing the fact that our app situation is non existent. The status quo is duh just go to android or ios. There is a reason I have had BlackBerry all these years and it was never app related.

Posted via CB10
    sam81 likes this.
    11-15-14 09:42 PM
    Try updating or deleting some garbage from your phone. And apps on a media/SD card run extra slow, just so you know.

Posted via CB10
    I only have three pages of apps, didnt know you could move them to the sd card though. All my photos and music are on the sd, so not sure what else I can do. Cheers.

11-16-14 10:11 AM
    I think people are having a hard time swallowing the fact that our app situation is non existent. The status quo is duh just go to android or ios. There is a reason I have had BlackBerry all these years and it was never app related.

Posted via CB10
    But it's never been great. Never. Not even when BlackBerry handsets were common as anything. It amazes me how some people seem to have only just noticed and then they whinge about it as if they've spotted something new.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:16 AM
    But the app situation is worse now. Before whatever app you got worked. Now, the apps are being farmed out to android and they are garbage. I really hope 10.3 changes it. I'm not listening to people saying it will get better until my phone has it running better. If 10.3 doesn't fix it, I think it's time to entertain other devices.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 05:09 PM
    Android Apps - hard for BlackBerry to hit a moving target, and Android is quickly moving away from an open source, everyone can use it platform.
    What do you mean here? The last two phrases, separated by a comma, seem to be contradictory. Please explain.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-14 05:26 PM
    My son is a "die hard" Apple fan who is now not interested in the iPhone 6 but is now hooked on the Amoled screen on some Samsung phone. The iSheep mentality is leaving him. Thank the Lord! Now I just need to get him thinking about watching Netflix on the Passport - and he'll finally outgrow the apps and game world.

Posted via CBten with the Zthirty.
    11-17-14 08:15 PM
    What do you mean here? The last two phrases, separated by a comma, seem to be contradictory. Please explain.

Posted via CB10
    Read it as: Android Apps - hard for BlackBerry to hit a moving target, and Android is quickly moving away from "an open source, everyone-can use-it platform."
    11-17-14 08:36 PM
    Read it as: Android Apps - hard for BlackBerry to hit a moving target, and Android is quickly moving away from "an open source, everyone-can use-it platform."
    Makes lot more sense

Posted from zee flicking coolest smartphone evah!
    11-18-14 12:49 AM
    My son is a "die hard" Apple fan who is now not interested in the iPhone 6 but is now hooked on the Amoled screen on some Samsung phone. The iSheep mentality is leaving him. Thank the Lord! Now I just need to get him thinking about watching Netflix on the Passport - and he'll finally outgrow the apps and game world.

Posted via CBten with the Zthirty.
    Nah... your son, almost by definition, wants whatever you don't want him to want. That's what being young is about...:-)

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 05:55 PM