With the development of the acquisition talks, I was sitting in a conference on Friday and thought to myself, what will I do if Blackberry does indeed go under and I can no longer continue to buy a Blackberry. Which device would I switch to? iOS? Android? What would be the best phone for me? I found myself leaning towards iOS as I was watching the lady next to me fiddle with her iPhone 5 and then it hit me. What on earth is wrong with the horrible marketing of Blackberry here in the USA? I sat there and watched her go into and out of 5 different apps just to answer all of her notifications and I was perplexed why this isn't being demonstrated to the consumers in order to sell phones. If people knew how powerful the hub was and saw a side by side comparison, I think a ton of people would jump ship as their contracts ended and we would see sales increase. I don't think people get the true awesomeness of the Hub.

As a longtime Blackberry supporter, I don't think I realized it until I sat there contemplating my next possible move in the next year or so when my contract is up. Being able to answer emails, texts, facebook and twitter from one place is so invaluable and you can do it faster on BB than on any other device. This NEEDS to hit the marketing team. I tried looking on the BB website of who to email, but I was unsuccessful. Any suggestions of how to get this to the right people.

I see a commercial with a BB and iOS side by side. In comes, facebook, twitter, email and text messages all at once. Go thru the steps to answer it all and see who is done first! It would be an awesome commercial even though it would be similar to Microsofts new digs on their surface tablet vs the ipad. I honestly have considered buying a surface tablet because of that commercial. It was awesome! BB take note and get your marketing ramped up and try to save what is left. There are consumers out here that LOVE your new OS and cannot even imagine what life will be like if we have to switch.

Thanks for reading and comment if you feel compelled.
    ankush77, Sallem, SDTRMG and 1 others like this.
    10-07-13 11:29 AM
    I agreed its a great feature and its really hard to express how nice it is. Its a feature that sets bb apart from other OS
    Deanig_12 and Sallem like this.
    10-07-13 11:34 AM
    I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who finds the HUB invaluable. I did the same thought experiment as the OP recently (Which phone would I resort to if push came to shove?). As I compared my options it became clear to me that the HUB would be a helluva loss in terms of convenience and productivity. Unfortunately, I'm not sure a prospective customer will appreciate this fact without living with it for a while. OP, do you think the value can be communicated in a commercial?
    Sallem likes this.
    10-07-13 11:42 AM
    100% agree! It is completely frustrating that BlackBerry has failed to show this. It is one thing to explain it to people, as I have tried, it is difficult to explain. It is only when showing it in person that it convinces people how great it is.

Posted via CB10
    Sallem likes this.
    10-07-13 12:28 PM
    i love the hub i love my Q5 got it today BB10 rocks!!
    Sallem likes this.
    10-07-13 12:37 PM
    No, No, No.... Pink, Yellow and Blue Smoke sells phones!

There is no doubt that the HUB is the best feature of BB10 and it should have been highlighted in commercials.... but I haven't seen a BB commercial in several weeks here is the US. I'm thinking that Marketing has been cut.
    10-07-13 02:30 PM
    No, No, No.... Pink, Yellow and Blue Smoke sells phones!

There is no doubt that the HUB is the best feature of BB10 and it should have been highlighted in commercials.... but I haven't seen a BB commercial in several weeks here is the US. I'm thinking that Marketing has been cut.
    Nah we Americans aren't "prosumer" enough for marketing lol

Posted via CB10
    10-07-13 02:42 PM
    Actually I find the opposite is true what little advertising there is, is the screen being slid half way over to show the hub. Probably the most boring and useless ads ever made. Unless you know what the hub is and 99.9% of people don't , and don't care, showing the screen sliding is meaningless . And of all the people I have shown my z10 to only one actually liked the hub. I know some people are fanatical about how great the hub is, but the reality is, as a selling feature the HUB is D.O.A. Most people would rather go in and out of apps than use it. It's not on the must have list of anyone except a few fans . Personally I think BlackBerry could have had a much more polished OS had it out a lot sooner and probably more sales if Bb10 didn't have the hub. It's a huge chunk of OS with all kinds of problems with integration. Something BlackBerry dosn't need .
    A main feature people don't want kills sales. I'm tired of people saying they showed it to 10 people and they all thought it was great a ran out and got a BB10. It's not refected in sales or word of mouth hype.

Posted via Z10
    10-07-13 03:11 PM
    The most important thing to consider when deciding to buy a car is how much you're going to use it. Obviously, if it's just going to sit outside your dorm or apartment for four years, it's not worth it. And if you find yourself driving alongside university buses all the time, car ownership may still not be a great idea.

Where is your school? Are you in the middle of nowhere, or are you in a city with public transportation?
    How comprehensive are campus shuttles?
    How many people on campus have cars? If the number is relatively small, you can probably get by with your student ID and walking shoes.

-------------------------------------------------
    2013 MERCEDES aBENZ SL-CLASS
    10-07-13 04:19 PM
    The Hub ist the definitively the USP of BlackBerry 10! It's so damn genius I love it you just do the gesture and you've got your fb, whatsapp and mails in one place!

I mean judging an os always depends on your personal taste and needs!
    BUT: I think you can't judge about the hub! It's just genius! Everybody needs it! You just can't dislike it!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    Sallem likes this.
    10-08-13 12:57 PM
    You're 100% right OP, the hub is by far bb10s best and my personal favourite feature of this os

My z10 is a Leafs fan
    Sallem likes this.
    10-08-13 12:59 PM
    Who's BlackBerry?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-13 01:26 PM
    BB hub does not have a parallel ,its totally the thing which makes BB different than others and supports multitasking which i still don't see in other platforms.But here i see failure on behalf of BB not making users aware "Hey see we got a OS which will help you to multitask better than others".
    Actually it hurts when such a beautiful creation may go totally waste ????
    Sallem and koebi90 like this.
    10-08-13 01:35 PM
    It hurts a lot!

Posted on CB 10 and typed on the best Keyboard ever
    10-08-13 02:34 PM
    Uhhh... yeah.... the Hub... that's what they should focus on...

..at least then they would be focused on marketing something...

VBFG

#GetWithBB10 Channel @ C000D7228
    len pothier likes this.
    10-08-13 02:40 PM