Stop- 10 ,no matter is over -- it will be useful till like a good car till you get a new one -- now make the priv your phone and maybe BB as a company dosent go away ,Enough said .
    01-24-16 02:48 PM
    BlackBerry needs to clarify their stance on BB10. However, CB needs to end this thread.

What would I know? I'm just a cat.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    01-24-16 04:00 PM
    Maybe reach 200 TOS violations by morning ?
    01-24-16 05:08 PM
    Maybe reach 200 TOS violations by morning ?
    I sure hope not.

Y'all need to learn to debate respectfully.
    Ecm, zocster and DrBoomBotz like this.
    01-24-16 05:18 PM
    Y'all need to learn to debate respectfully.
    I think this is very important.
    Avenzuno and BigBadWulf like this.
    01-24-16 05:33 PM
    I have to admit it guys, and I think most of you are with me...
    Just as Kevin M stated, as soon as the phone seems like its slowing you down, you need to look for alternatives. In reality, BB10 is really far behind. With each week, its only another month behind. Thats how fast technology is moving. BlackBerry is now wasting money and resources on Android and BB10. Sooner or later they will drop BB10, no matter what they say. The limitations are great. In reality, android apps will never run as fluid as native bb10 apps, and devs dont even care about bb10.
    My classic is becoming a dog. I don't know what it is, but its slowing down. Aside from its amazing hub and peak, it has absolutely nothing more to offer us.
    I say focus on Android, perfect the priv, and get back into the handset market with todays technology.
    I know ill have some disagree with me based on a quick opinion. But if you really sit down and really think about it, I think you all agree with me. And mr kevin m, really had a point.

Posted via CB10 on the Classic
    There is no chance of BB10 going away until BlackBerry has another platform that can obtain the same level of government approval. With the newly discovered security flaws in Android, doubt any android based phone will be able to beat BB10, at least in the near future. BlackBerry will continue BB10, however, they will likely push it over to the corporate and government side and stop making attempt to push it further for general market.

Posted via CB10
    Avenzuno and TheAuthority like this.
    01-24-16 06:02 PM
    That said, why is it necessary for BlackBerry to entrain the enmity of its current hardware users?

There is no chance of BB10 going away until BlackBerry has another platform that can obtain the same level of government approval. With the newly discovered security flaws in Android, doubt any android based phone will be able to beat BB10, at least in the near future. BlackBerry will continue BB10, however, they will likely push it over to the corporate and government side and stop making attempt to push it further for general market.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 06:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    They're not obligated to keep BB10 from going away. BB10 makes the company no money directly.

Posted via CB10
    01-24-16 07:30 PM
    That said, why is it necessary for BlackBerry to entrain the enmity of its current hardware users?
    Old habits are hard to break?

For you and many there is anger, for others utter blindness to reality, and for many like me an acceptance of the inevitable, with no feelings of malice, only a tingle of sentimental sadness, knowing one day in the future my beloved Z30 will no longer suffice, and I won't have a BB10 I can upgrade to.

*run on sentence, run on!
    Ecm, vpblaze and Stessierere like this.
    01-24-16 07:37 PM
    i think reality is that BB10 didnt make anyone switch from BBOS. based on this chart (see below) we know why they are making the switch to Android, and to top it off, no BB10 devices this year. so I say cut your loses, invest in Android all the way, and give us share holders something to smile about.

Attachment 388223
    The majority of BBOS shops I know of switched to BYOD or iOS. Really, iOS is just owning enterprise right now.

I see no reason why BlackBerry should invest in Google's platform. And even less of a reason I should buy an Android device from BlackBerry.

Sure, if BlackBerry had their own platform like BB10 and was building it like they did under Thor, I could see going BlackBerry, but nowadays, BlackBerry values are more easily found in an iPhone than in a Priv and if someone wants Android they should buy a Nexus 6p!

Posted via CB10
    anon(3983727) likes this.
    01-24-16 08:21 PM
    I think that is hyperbole at its best - or worst.

Two questions: Were you actually ignorant of Blackberry's troubles at the time you purchased your phone? When you purchase any phone, do you expect the manufacturer to provide you with software upgrades/enhancements beyond those that were available the day you purchased it?

I have a 2013 Chevy Spark. Basic little car with a touch screen entertainment system. The Sparks are now offered with entertainment systems with WiFi availability - my car doesn't have that functionality. Is Chevy obligated to continue to UPGRADE the software and systems in my car, even though those features weren't available when I purchased? I think not. They're obligated to make sure my car functions for the duration of the time it's under warranty - and obligated to fix any safety recalls (analogous to security updates). Beyond that? I have the choice to continue to use my older, but still functional automobile - or sell it and upgrade to the next model.
    I'm not so sure about this. BlackBerry10 was marketed as a platform and Chen pretty much lied about his commitment to that platform. I don't mean changed his mind, I mean he was saying he was building a future for BB10 and he was actually closing it out and transitioning the company to commodity Android device sales. I invest in an iPhone because I am assured that iOS will continue to be developed and my device will be supported for at least a couple of years. That's the way platforms work as opposed to devices like the entertainment system in your spark.

Posted via CB10
    anon(3983727) and ssbtech like this.
    01-24-16 09:13 PM
    I have to admit it guys, and I think most of you are with me...
    In reality, BB10 is really far behind. With each week, its only another month behind.
    In reality, android apps will never run as fluid as native bb10 apps, and devs dont even care about bb10.
    Posted via CB10 on the Classic
    Sorry, I am not with you. To me, switching to Android would put me farther behind. I am not interested in how many apps are in their app store or how popular device seems. I want a device and operating system that is a smooth extension of my computer and lets me get things done quickly and efficiently. The Android OS is a mess.
    01-26-16 06:46 AM
    The majority of BBOS shops I know of switched to BYOD or iOS. Really, iOS is just owning enterprise right now.

I see no reason why BlackBerry should invest in Google's platform. And even less of a reason I should buy an Android device from BlackBerry.

Sure, if BlackBerry had their own platform like BB10 and was building it like they did under Thor, I could see going BlackBerry, but nowadays, BlackBerry values are more easily found in an iPhone than in a Priv and if someone wants Android they should buy a Nexus 6p!

Posted via CB10
    I'm not so sure about this. BlackBerry10 was marketed as a platform and Chen pretty much lied about his commitment to that platform. I don't mean changed his mind, I mean he was saying he was building a future for BB10 and he was actually closing it out and transitioning the company to commodity Android device sales. I invest in an iPhone because I am assured that iOS will continue to be developed and my device will be supported for at least a couple of years. That's the way platforms work as opposed to devices like the entertainment system in your spark.

Posted via CB10
    Well said.. I Agree 100%.
    01-26-16 07:04 AM
    They're not obligated to keep BB10 from going away. BB10 makes the company no money directly.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 makes them money indirectly. Much of the platform is used in their auto platform which is number 1 in the market. The integration of BB10 with BES12 provides the highest level of security. Even Android and Apple on BES12 is still not as secure as BB10 on BES12. This provides a market that includes Service Contracts which can be 30-50% of revenue.

HP makes no money on their top line printers, but have good revenues on the toner and service contracts. Handsets and BB10 may not provide a sustainable revenue, but everything related to both can still provide a good cash flow.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 06:44 PM
    BB10 makes them money indirectly. Much of the platform is used in their auto platform which is number 1 in the market. The integration of BB10 with BES12 provides the highest level of security. Even Android and Apple on BES12 is still not as secure as BB10 on BES12. This provides a market that includes Service Contracts which can be 30-50% of revenue.

HP makes no money on their top line printers, but have good revenues on the toner and service contracts. Handsets and BB10 may not provide a sustainable revenue, but everything related to both can still provide a good cash flow.

Posted via CB10
    BB10 != car platform.
    01-26-16 07:33 PM
    If/when bb10 dies it should he a sad day for everyone. Competition in the market place is so full of win for all involved. Drives innovation etc.

I really feel BlackBerry was in a unique situation. Privacy and security are such hot button issue sright now and with BlackBerrys history they could have been in a unique position to provide an alternative to Android and ios with an emphasis on privacy. (like what they're trying with the priv except sticking with bb10)

I would have paid extra for an @blackberry.com email address that doesn't track everything I do. Or decent mapping software that didn't store my movements. How about a cross platform messaging service that was secure and didn't shove stickers down your throat? (BlackBerry really missed the boat on that one. BBM easily could have been Whatsapp)

I understand BlackBerrys position. Why throw more money at something that's already losing a lot? As BlackBerry fan and consumer I can't help but feel disappointed with tue way BlackBerry handled bb10 overall. Rushed it to market, lack of marketing, apps, etc.

Bb10 is still the most efficient os I've used and it's a shame it doesn't seem like it will be actively developed anymore.

Posted via CB10
    vpblaze likes this.
    01-26-16 09:53 PM
    BB10 makes them money indirectly. Much of the platform is used in their auto platform which is number 1 in the market.
    What does BB10 have to do with their auto platform? QNX can move on in the auto industry completely unaffected by the abandonment of BB10.

People are talking about BB winding down their BB10 efforts, and this can be done while still advancing their QNX endeavors. Don't confuse the two.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-16 10:11 PM
    Uh what?

What does BB10 have to do with their auto platform? QNX can move on in the auto industry completely unaffected by the abandonment of BB10.

People are talking about BB winding down their BB10 efforts, and this can be done while still advancing their QNX endeavors. Don't confuse the two.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed

Van, if BB10 is so intertwined in the infotainment system, please name the platforms it's on, that offer native app support. Remember, QNX preceded BB10. Furthermore, I'd like to see supporting documentation of your sighted revenue stream.
    01-26-16 11:07 PM
    Really, iOS is just owning enterprise right now.
    Really? I can't see how. I was setting up a calendar on iOS today and was completely lost figuring out how to get between year and month view. iPhones are supposed to be simple, user friendly and intuitive to use. I didn't see any of that today.
    01-27-16 01:37 AM
    Uh what?

Agreed

Van, if BB10 is so intertwined in the infotainment system, please name the platforms it's on, that offer native app support. Remember, QNX preceded BB10. Furthermore, I'd like to see supporting documentation of your sighted revenue stream.
    BB10 is not in the infotainment systems. Many of the objects in BB10 are. The current QNX auto UI API was driven by BB10. The gesture navigation is from BB10. The new Ford sync is a good example of BB10 mixed with the existing QNX auto platform. QNX is the OS for both platforms, so they are already sharing much of the same resources.

As for revenue, it's just plan business sense. BES12, on its own, has very little advantage over other MDM products. However, BES12 offered with BB10 devices provides security that many governments and corporations still want and cannot get with any other mobile OS (including the BlackBerry Priv). You get rid of BB10 in those sectors, you remove a key reason for deploying BES12. In these sectors there are millions of dollars in annual service contracts and license fees.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 06:03 AM
    Really? I can't see how. I was setting up a calendar on iOS today and was completely lost figuring out how to get between year and month view. iPhones are supposed to be simple, user friendly and intuitive to use. I didn't see any of that today.
    Sounds like a personal problem.

This is a perfect example of a) non-sequitur, as it has nothing to do with iOS's penetration into the Enterprise sector, and b) mistaking anecdote or personal experience for actual data.
    Bbnivende, Jerry A and jallister like this.
    01-27-16 07:32 AM
    Your post sadly is correct. I have a Passport and a Classic which both are great phones. I am on the fence with the Priv and now seriously considering the Lumia 950.

Posted via CB10
    01-27-16 07:40 AM
    Sounds like a personal problem.

This is a perfect example of a) non-sequitur, as it has nothing to do with iOS's penetration into the Enterprise sector, and b) mistaking anecdote or personal experience for actual data.
    An "enterprise" phone should be able to handle attaching two file types to an email...
    01-27-16 10:43 AM
    I must be deluding myself then. My Passport SE has almost replaced my laptop for running a business. The Google CEO uses a BlackBerry as do many others movers and shakers.

I suppose we are all deluded and need to get with it.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    Apple sold 50 MILLION iPhone's last quarter. BB hasn't sold 50 million phones in the last 7 years. You are the minority. While you may use the PP for all things in business, sadly, BB has lost that market. To be fair, They lost it years ago.
    01-27-16 10:43 AM
    An "enterprise" phone should be able to handle attaching two file types to an email...
    Perhaps. Although I'm not sure this is correct.

But many argue that an enterprise phone should have a native Airwatch client and run Microsoft Office 365.

The bottom line is that outside of BES's 10% share of the EMM space, Apple accounts for roughly 75% of activations, and Android 25% (according to Good's figures).

Non-EMM BYOD would probably mirror the consumers market share of 50/50 Apple/Android in NA, and 15/85 worldwide.
    Last edited by conite; 01-27-16 at 10:57 AM.
    01-27-16 10:45 AM
164 ... 4567