ohh dear how many more "dump OS10 in favour for Android" threads are there made up, all turning around the very same question again and again....

Posted via -Classic SQC100-1 / 10.3.++
    idk and dont care fact of the matter is once bb10 is done ill be done with bb altogether i will not use android.
    Sir Reaper likes this.
    01-19-16 04:29 PM
    The Priv is lose to being on par with the Apple's and Samsung's premier devices but it'smnot the clar cut better wireless solution.
    bb has a ways to go before you can even think about putting them in this sentence
    so crow likes this.
    01-19-16 05:45 PM
    I knew the comments on here before I even opened up the thread. There's a lot of Debbie-downers on here that feed off of negativity.

Don't like BB10? Fine, I do. BB10 doesn't have SnapChat, it does however get you through the day on a 2100mah battery. You can also play YouTube videos whilst they're in active frame from 3rd party apps. I love having videos with mostly discussions on them playing through my Q10's crystal clear speaker.

Developers do care about BB10, just look in the 'BB10 Apps' section, there's many native projects active there.

There's a misconception floating around here that us BB10 loyalists are scared of change. I own a samsung tablet and loaded a custom android ROM on to it. Yes, it's nice having a wider app selection. I just dislike the OS itself. I also don't trust the idea of a rogue Virtual Keyboard app on the Google play store key logging me.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    Al moon and to boldly go like this.
    01-19-16 06:03 PM
    I knew the comments on here before I even opened up the thread. There's a lot of Debbie-downers on here that feed off of negativity.

Don't like BB10? Fine, I do. BB10 doesn't have SnapChat, it does however get you through the day on a 2100mah battery. You can also play YouTube videos whilst they're in active frame from 3rd party apps. I love having videos with mostly discussions on them playing through my Q10's crystal clear speaker.

Developers do care about BB10, just look in the 'BB10 Apps' section, there's many native projects active there.

There's a misconception floating around here that us BB10 loyalists are scared of change. I own a samsung tablet and loaded a custom android ROM on to it. Yes, it's nice having a wider app selection. I just dislike the OS itself. I also don't trust the idea of a rogue Virtual Keyboard app on the Google play store key logging me.

Q10 - 10.3.2.2876/SR .2836  < α∂∂ι�т > 
    Well, in this case, the thread IS a "debbie-downer" BB10 thread based in the title, right?

Btw, with my Priv I get through the day with a 3410mah battery, and can also listen to youtube in the background.
    Last edited by conite; 01-19-16 at 08:32 PM.
    01-19-16 06:11 PM
    If/when BB is stop supporting BB10 i will just find another mobile phone to buy and use . Until that i use my Q10 .
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    01-19-16 06:27 PM
    We already know that there are a ton of essential business tools that are only available on Android or iOS. Maybe you don't need them, but many/most do.
    This hits the nail in the coffin.

Blackberry is marketing the phones as business/productivity tools but it lacks a lot of the applications that I require for business like Viber, Quickbooks, Stock Exchange app, Facebook pages manager etc

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Jack1192; 01-20-16 at 09:27 PM.
    01-19-16 08:18 PM
    If BBOS7 is to XP then BB10 is to Vista.....

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 10:38 PM
    Lol.
    I can only speak for my device, obviously.

Posted via CB10 on the Classic
    Then DON'T speak for everyone!!
    01-19-16 11:02 PM
    If BBOS7 is to XP then BB10 is to Vista.....

Posted via CB10
    WTF?

Posted via CB10
    01-19-16 11:20 PM
    Beauty of BES is that it secures all platforms.
    Reality is that there is a very small # of us out there who solely have 1 BlackBerry device. Most people either carry 2 devices, or have their own ios or android.

Posted via CB10 on the Classic
    I am one of those with only one device: a Q.

Well, sometimes I carry two Q's if I am out of the country. But essentially one device.
    01-19-16 11:28 PM
    WTF?

Posted via CB10
    xp was popular and vista was a flop.
    01-20-16 02:00 AM
    xp was popular and vista was a flop.
    The XP was good for its time.
    Vista did not go well.
    The BBOS7 was good.
    The BBOS10 excellent.
    01-20-16 03:42 AM
    I read on this and every other thread that bb10 isn't, wasn't selling. Why? Because
    1. When they had a great device (hardware) z10 the OS was terrible
    2. Z30 better OS but hardware outdated
    3. Passport great device but "Not for everyone "

I wonder what would happen if we had or have a good midrange device that looks like a z10 but with some metal,720p screen and some quad core or QC 615 with bb10 at a normal price, lower than iPhone naturally.
    If that wouldn't sell then we could blame it on the OS.

BlackBerry z10. 2339
    schwede likes this.
    01-20-16 03:43 AM
    *Grabs popcorn*
    01-20-16 04:12 AM
    Let's keep the language family friendly, and the debate respectful. BlackBerry now makes android phones, whether some of y'all choose to accept it or not.
    01-20-16 05:00 AM

I think so mate, because a cellular device no matter the sophistication could never fully replace my laptop,there's something satisfying about typing on a 13inch laptop. I guess I'm more old school in that I prefer to use my phone strictly for texting and talking with the addition of a few meaningful apps. To each their own.
    I can't stand the dinky screens on the latest business laptops, Mines 17 inches and even that's a bit irritating, so the thought of doing everything on my Z30 just fills me with dread.

Why BlackBerry? Because I can!
    01-20-16 05:24 AM
    so maybe 5+ million. That number is on a downward trend.

They are on track to sell only 1 to 2 million BB10 devices this year, and that number is on a downward spiral.
    May be. But RIM does indeed everthing to get this number finally down. And this is the case for years. They don't communicate as they should and when Chen says something he surprizes with unclear statements, instead they still cultivate rumours and let them run, they make developers and customers insecure, they are nesting in niches as with the Passport, they still neglegt full touch devices, they don't even react on user feedback and fix their own damned bugs for years (as in the Contacts), and more.

Nevertheless I'm not as much alienated about the fate of BB10. If this is true that they will be certified for NIAP compliance with 10.3 this would be the life insurance for BB10 for the next at least five years including some further developement and also new devices. If they let the normal customer benefit from this (or not) is an open question. I won't start a new rumour here.
    01-20-16 05:28 AM
    Nevertheless I'm not as much alienated about the fate of BB10. If this is true that they will be certified for NIAP compliance with 10.3 this would be the life insurance for BB10 for the next at least five years including some further developement and also new devices. If they let the normal customer benefit from this (or not) is an open question. I won't start a new rumour here.
    Chen himself said that if the Priv receives the certifications he is confident it will, then he only has to carry BB10 for one more year (Code/Mobile, Oct).
    01-20-16 06:08 AM
    Chen himself said that if the Priv receives the certifications he is confident it will, then he only has to carry BB10 for one more year (Code/Mobile, Oct).
    May be. As I said, five years, at least, plus the one you mentioned.
    01-20-16 06:26 AM
    Blackberry wont last that long selling only android devices. They need BB10 to stay alive.
    01-20-16 07:06 AM
    Here in the USA, Blackberry is all but forgotten. Myself along with a few diehards still use their products, but most of the folks I know who used OS10 have went the new Priv route because they can now use the apps their business clients require them to use. As much as I loved OS10 and its neat features like the HUB and Peak. I have found myself adapting to the Blackberry Android quite well and I am not looking back any time soon.

The bottom line is that OS10 was already doomed from the start because it was over a year late getting to the market and by that time the smartphone market dynamics had already changed and not in favor of Blackberry. As a businessperson myself, you have to look at long time stability and if you are going to continue to make a device, Android OS is going to be your best bet.

This is just reality at the moment whether you choose to accept it or not folks. For me, my new Priv still has the Blackberry name engraved on the bezel and I find myself liking the new Hub and features of the device and thats good enough for me. Just my two cents.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    01-20-16 07:10 AM
    As I said, the Android experiment may well prove fruitless. I don't know. But BB10 CERTAINLY is.

I also said that they only need to get close to breakeven to make it worth their while to stay in the device business, and it's infinitely cheaper to not have to build and maintain your own OS.
    It may be cheaper, but you don't have control over the OS which means you are a follower and not a leader. The HUB is a perfect example. It will never be like it is on Android as it is in BB10. You lose all control over features when you allow someone else to dictate what you can do. Chen has no vision or leadership and is just following. You aren't going to be successful if you don't take risks. They could have done so much more with BB10 but gave up. They give up a lot lately and that isn't going to get them anywhere. All they have left is let someone else dictate their business strategy and buy features as they don't have the vision to do them themselves.
    01-20-16 07:17 AM
    Blackberry wont last that long selling only android devices. They need BB10 to stay alive.
    Blackberry would last longer if they shut down their phone handset division than if they kept BB10 going.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-20-16 07:17 AM
    BB10 is a massive financial drain.

If BlackBerry Android doesn't come at least within shooting distance of breakeven, then the entire device business will be shut down.
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-20-16 07:20 AM
    BB10 is a massive financial drain.

If BlackBerry Android doesn't come at least within shooting distance of breakeven, then the entire device business will be shut down.
    No it is not. They already spent the money to develop it. They are wasting all that money by dropping it. The cost now are no greater than it takes them to do all the work to integrate and keep up to date for each new version of Android. I can see that you have never developed software and don't understand the costs involved.
    01-20-16 07:25 AM
164 12345 ...