I have to admit it guys, and I think most of you are with me...
    Just as Kevin M stated, as soon as the phone seems like its slowing you down, you need to look for alternatives. In reality, BB10 is really far behind. With each week, its only another month behind. Thats how fast technology is moving. BlackBerry is now wasting money and resources on Android and BB10. Sooner or later they will drop BB10, no matter what they say. The limitations are great. In reality, android apps will never run as fluid as native bb10 apps, and devs dont even care about bb10.
    My classic is becoming a dog. I don't know what it is, but its slowing down. Aside from its amazing hub and peak, it has absolutely nothing more to offer us.
    I say focus on Android, perfect the priv, and get back into the handset market with todays technology.
    I know ill have some disagree with me based on a quick opinion. But if you really sit down and really think about it, I think you all agree with me. And mr kevin m, really had a point.

Posted via CB10 on the Classic
    Dirtymike14 and so crow like this.
    01-18-16 06:05 PM
    Where have you been? BB10 is dead. Has been dead for some while. Its gone the way of BB OS7.

Some people are still living in a fantasy that it will some how re-emerge in 2017 or that it's not really gone. If your in the market for a new phone, obviously don't get a Blackberry 10 phone.
    01-18-16 06:36 PM
    They're already not doing much more than satisfying existing contracts and providing basic support for the remaining BB10 inventory as it is sold off. What less can they really do?
    01-18-16 06:43 PM
    I must be deluding myself then. My Passport SE has almost replaced my laptop for running a business. The Google CEO uses a BlackBerry as do many others movers and shakers.

I suppose we are all deluded and need to get with it.

"I don't think that word means what you think it means."
    01-18-16 06:46 PM
    I have to admit it guys, and I think most of you are with me...
    Just as Kevin M stated, as soon as the phone seems like its slowing you down, you need to look for alternatives. In reality, BB10 is really far behind. With each week, its only another month behind. Thats how fast technology is moving. BlackBerry is now wasting money and resources on Android and BB10. Sooner or later they will drop BB10, no matter what they say. The limitations are great. In reality, android apps will never run as fluid as native bb10 apps, and devs dont even care about bb10.
    My classic is becoming a dog. I don't know what it is, but its slowing down. Aside from its amazing hub and peak, it has absolutely nothing more to offer us.
    I say focus on Android, perfect the priv, and get back into the handset market with todays technology.
    I know ill have some disagree with me based on a quick opinion. But if you really sit down and really think about it, I think you all agree with me. And mr kevin m, really had a point.

Popcorn!!!!!
    JeepBB likes this.
    01-18-16 06:46 PM
    I can honestly say that I am not impressed with Android as a daily device.
    I have been using the Priv since launch. I will probably be switching back to my Classic for a bit.
    Android and Google are a good OS. I have a Chromebook, and love it. Have a Tab 4 and love it. However, using Android all day in and out gets exhausting. However, like many others, I know it's inevitable that BB10 is gone. It's a shame, I will be reluctant now! It's hard to replace the BB10 experience, and the Priv doesn't come close.
    01-18-16 07:08 PM
    They're already not doing much more than satisfying existing contracts and providing basic support for the remaining BB10 inventory as it is sold off. What less can they really do?
    Well, Chen said there are at least 2 more updates coming this year. I think they need to scrap that idea and save that money

01-18-16 07:43 PM
    Well, Chen said there are at least 2 more updates coming this year. I think they need to scrap that idea and save that money

And lose all their BES contracts ??? That's not saving any money...

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    01-18-16 07:47 PM
    I must be deluding myself then. My Passport SE has almost replaced my laptop for running a business. The Google CEO uses a BlackBerry as do many others movers and shakers.
    Google's CEO for the last 4-5 years is Larry Page, one of the co-founders, and he doesn't use a BB. If you're thinking of Eric Schmidt, former CEO and current Executive Chairman, yes, he still uses a Bold (along with a Nexus) because he likes the PKB and doesn't like change. He's never carried a BB10 phone.

But I think you'll find the vast majority of CEOs in billion+ dollar companies are carrying iPhones, and I say that as someone who is no fan of Apple at all. Many of those same CEOs used to carry BB's, and yet, somehow, their companies didn't go bankrupt when they switched...
    01-18-16 07:49 PM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    Beauty of BES is that it secures all platforms.
    Reality is that there is a very small # of us out there who solely have 1 BlackBerry device. Most people either carry 2 devices, or have their own ios or android.

01-18-16 07:58 PM
    Beauty of BES is that it secures all platforms.
    Reality is that there is a very small # of us out there who solely have 1 BlackBerry device. Most people either carry 2 devices, or have their own ios or android.

Yes. And they don't want to hurt BES with BB10
    01-18-16 08:36 PM
    if BlackBerry us better than android and apple I think it will last. i think it is and I think it will.

why do people ask other people to change their brand of cellphone? kinda like telling me my perfectly good clothes are out of style.
    BerryRipe, bbnrs, thedose and 1 others like this.
    01-19-16 01:39 AM
    Who turned the big switch off?
    The trolls have defrosted!

� CB10 via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition �
    01-19-16 02:34 AM
    Who turned the big switch off?
    The trolls have defrosted!

� CB10 via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition �
    i don't get it?
    01-19-16 07:34 AM

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2876
    Based on the latest data on EMM marketshare.... BES was already dying (11% and falling, while others were seeing triple digit growth). If Chen didn't have his war chest and didn't buy Good, you would have seen software revenues for BlackBerry falling at a rate that matched hardware.

While BES does allow for the management of iOS and Android.... it's not very effective at it. And the big issue is companies are looking of management software that can do it all.... there are plenty of Windows PC's that are "mobile devices". BES just barely handles Windows Phone, you can forget Windows desktop (tablets and laptops).

Much like BlackBerry kept BBOS going as a product for years - without really updating it. I expect you'll see BB10 devices for a while ..... same hardware, same software.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    01-19-16 07:39 AM

While BES does allow for the management of iOS and Android.... it's not very effective at it. And the big issue is companies are looking of management software that can do it all.... there are plenty of Windows PC's that are "mobile devices". BES just barely handles Windows Phone, you can forget Windows desktop (tablets and laptops).
    You may be a bit harsh about BES12. I mean, it did just win Enterprise Product of the Year in 2015.

http://www.crackberry.com/bes12-name...est-biz-awards
    01-19-16 07:46 AM
    Google's CEO for the last 4-5 years is Larry Page, one of the co-founders, and he doesn't use a BB. If you're thinking of Eric Schmidt, former CEO and current Executive Chairman, yes, he still uses a Bold (along with a Nexus) because he likes the PKB and doesn't like change. He's never carried a BB10 phone.

But I think you'll find the vast majority of CEOs in billion+ dollar companies are carrying iPhones, and I say that as someone who is no fan of Apple at all. Many of those same CEOs used to carry BB's, and yet, somehow, their companies didn't go bankrupt when they switched...
    Google's CEO is actually Sundar Pichai, who doesn't use a Blackberry. Larry Page is CEO of Google's Parent company Alphabet Inc, who also doesn't use a Blackberry, and Eric Schmidt is Ececutive Chairmen of Alphabet Inc, who does infact (use to) use a Blackberry (don't know if he still does, he said he still used one in a interview a year or two ago, who knows if he still uses it) in addition to a Nexus
    01-19-16 07:46 AM
    i think reality is that BB10 didnt make anyone switch from BBOS. based on this chart (see below) we know why they are making the switch to Android, and to top it off, no BB10 devices this year. so I say cut your loses, invest in Android all the way, and give us share holders something to smile about.

BlackBerry needs to end BB10 and get with the times...-screenshot-2015-06-26-17-06-22.png
    01-19-16 07:58 AM
    You may be a bit harsh about BES12. I mean, it did just win Enterprise Product of the Year in 2015.

BES12 snags Enterprise Software Product of the Year trophy at the Best in Biz Awards 2015 | CrackBerry.com
    And if awards.... guaranteed sales, the Passport would have sold 10 million units last year. I just think the IDC report was a big eye opener (factcheck) about BlackBerry's existing software prospects.. Without buying Good (and other recent acquisitions) Chen really had nothing - no hardware, no software. That is a very scary thing if you were a stock holder. And it shows that what Chen was telling everyone last year at this time.... well he was wrong.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    01-19-16 08:10 AM
    And if awards.... guaranteed sales, the Passport would have sold 10 million units last year. I just think the IDC report was a big eye opener (factcheck) about BlackBerry's existing software prospects.. Without buying Good (and other recent acquisitions) Chen really had nothing - no hardware, no software. That is a very scary thing if you were a stock holder. And it shows that what Chen was telling everyone last year at this time.... well he was wrong.
    I was replying to your statement about BES12 not being a good product ("not very effective" ), not whether or not they were generating sales.
    01-19-16 08:13 AM
    I still have to say that when it comes to Android I find the others do it better. The only thing in my opinion that I find is better from BlackBerry is their software keyboard for Android and seeing as there are ways to load it onto any Android device, I really have no desire for any Android based BlackBerry.

Why BlackBerry? Because I can!
    01-19-16 08:57 AM
    I still have to say that when it comes to Android I find the others do it better. The only thing in my opinion that I find is better from BlackBerry is their software keyboard for Android and seeing as there are ways to load it onto any Android device, I really have no desire for any Android based BlackBerry.

Why BlackBerry? Because I can!
    I cant say i disagree with you. but lets look at this logically. I, as a share holder, would like to see BlackBerry revive. BB10 didnt catch on. we can keep pounding our fists on the forums and telling people they dont understand. but, reality is that BlackBerry is NOT winning anybody over. at least not enough to show solid revenue. Heck, based on my chart/post above, for every 55 legacy os users we lost, bb10 gained 10. is that positive? no, its not. Android is not perfect, but it has 80% global market share. imagine if BB released some kind of Android device in 3/2013. they would be on their 2-3 generation device right now.. I, for one, am sure they would be at a much better position. We know that BB wrote off a bunch of 1st gen bb10 phones. they didnt take. we can argue marketing wasnt there, they didnt promote, all true. BUT, we do know that bb10 was still BIGGER in 2013 than it is today, in fact, thay had roughly 79M subscribers by the end of '13... so that means, in reality, a lot of people knew that BB released something new! the market simply didnt like it. BlackBerry was slow to deliver updates, and with the high paced tech releases, BlackBerry simply couldn't keep up.. on top of it, BB let go most of its work force. they had roughly 17,000 employeees at bb10 launch. today, they have just over 6,000. they simply dont have the guns to keep up with the market.. let a lone, commit to updating bb10 AND android. this is simply not feasible.
    01-19-16 10:11 AM
    so I say cut your loses, invest in Android all the way, and give us share holders something to smile about.
    Buy _enough_ shares, and they kinda have to start listening, right?

BTW, it's occurred to me a few times while reading "BlackBerry should..." posts that if it were so glaringly obvious that BlackBerry would be tearing it up if only it would <whatever>, activist investors would be buying up shares and forcefully making known their opinions.

Since that hasn't happened, I infer BlackBerry is either a lost cause in the minds of such investors -- or they don't really have any grand turnaround ideas that differ much from Chen's vision.

Passport SE: All the snooty prestige of a device with a precious metal in the name at less than half the price!
    01-19-16 10:24 AM
    I'd say you already got your wish man. No more BB10 devices. As far as updates the last update they released broke the phone and no word of a fix in sight. They have no one working there to fix or update BB10.

It's dead as PlayBook is. BB10 can't get much more dead than the stinking rotting corpse that it is.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2876 / T-Mobile USA
    01-19-16 10:24 AM
    Isn't the endpoint of this strategy to outsource everything about the BlackBerry hardware process to an existing Asian Android OEM and sell the devices as a component of BES?
    01-19-16 10:27 AM
164 123 ...