Agreed i still see business types rocking their torches.

Posted via CB Q-10
    11-12-13 02:59 PM
    It ain't over yet, there's enough demand for one and I loved my 9800 that refuses to die. BlackBerry has already said that they want to target prosumers so a cross between a professional device with a pkb and a consumer device with a large screen obviously and LITERALLY Is a PROSUMER device, no brainer!

Z10STL100-2/10.2.0.1803 O2 UK
    Where is there enough demand for one..? There is a small subset of users on a fan site that, in and of itself, represents a small subset of BlackBerry users world wide. Yes, there will be some users out there not on CrackBerry who would like this form factor but I can't see there being a large enough, stable, user base to warrant such a large tangential departure from their current lines. Not when there are after market options that exist to fulfill this niche need.

I haven't seen them for BBRYs yet but if enough people demonstrated an issue I'm sure they coud mod one of their current designs to fit the Z line.
    11-12-13 03:00 PM
    When & if BB comes out with a Torch with a track pad/button for BB10, I'll come back to BB. Tired of the touch screens. Had a 9700 & loved it.

My other half loves her torch & refuses to give it up. she's on her 3rd one now.
    11-12-13 03:03 PM
    I have yet to use a slider that feels 'right' They inevitably have a strange balance point.
    That's true, but I think BlackBerry's design in the Torch was better because the heavier parts of the phone were fixed to the keyboard. That's the opposite of the Pre that I had. That did provide better balance at least.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    11-12-13 03:04 PM
    That's true, but I think BlackBerry's design in the Torch was better because the heavier parts of the phone were fixed to the keyboard. That's the opposite of the Pre that I had. That did provide better balance at least.

I will give you that but even using other people's torches I always felt like I had to have a death grip on it so that it didn't end up falling out of my hands.. Might have just been me but I could never really get the hang of one handed operation with the keyboard out either.
    11-12-13 03:07 PM
    A slider with a landscape keyboard, not a portrait keyboard.
    11-12-13 03:10 PM
    I will give you that but even using other people's torches I always felt like I had to have a death grip on it so that it didn't end up falling out of my hands.. Might have just been me but I could never really get the hang of one handed operation with the keyboard out either.
    I agree. The iPhone since the first one has had its CG exactly in the physical center of the phone, and most of the high end Android phones have done that since. Having a CG that moves around would not appeal to most people in 2013, and probably would be risky investment for a smaller BlackBerry.

11-12-13 03:11 PM
    Blackberry needs to come out with a slider - period. Start with the Blade (as seen on the Blackberry Blade Facebook page). Take what's been learned with the Q10, Z10 and Z30, apply it and keep that Q10 keyboard. Don't make the mistake of giving it a smooth/slippery back. Bring back fully-functional and modifiable profiles that can be operated via the power button. Size wise, you're either working from the 4-5" mark. Improve/incorporate wireless ac, a better camera, incorporate a calendar and project function. Certainly I can see going either way. If you manage to bring in Google Apps, all the better, although I find the base functionality of any Blackberry high right out of the box.
    Tim Heard likes this.
    11-12-13 03:20 PM
    For sure a slider is going to save them. Every slider they ever produced sold in low numbers.

As for bringing the trackpad back let it die already. Move into this century
    11-12-13 03:20 PM
    Well, I think the Q10 is more of a niche product than a slider. Nice physical keyboard and a crappy small screen. If you can have both, then have both. Also I happen to think that besides being the ultimate prosumer device, it would be a lot closer to "mobile computing" than any current device. A nice Z30 sized device with a portrait pkb would be awesome and more popular than you realise.

Tim Heard likes this.
    11-12-13 03:22 PM
    Double the weight, not for me

BlackBerry Since 2006. BB Z10,10.2 Official. Rogers Halifax, NS
    11-12-13 03:24 PM
    Blackberry needs to come out with a slider - period. Start with the Blade (as seen on the Blackberry Blade Facebook page). Take what's been learned with the Q10, Z10 and Z30, apply it and keep that Q10 keyboard. Don't make the mistake of giving it a smooth/slippery back. Bring back fully-functional and modifiable profiles that can be operated via the power button. Size wise, you're either working from the 4-5" mark. Improve/incorporate wireless ac, a better camera, incorporate a calendar and project function. Certainly I can see going either way. If you manage to bring in Google Apps, all the better, although I find the base functionality of any Blackberry high right out of the box.
    I utterly agree with you. It would make the BlackBerry portfolio complete.

11-12-13 03:25 PM
    It would have to be super thin. I think the only downside of a slider is that they were bulky and heavy

Posted via CB10
    11-12-13 03:29 PM
    It would have to be super thin. I think the only downside of a slider is that they were bulky and heavy
    It would have to be bulky to fit everything in there.

Didn't the Torch 9810 have a battery only about half the capacity of the Z30?

11-12-13 03:35 PM

Posted via CB10
    It would have to be bulky to fit everything in there.

Didn't the Torch 9810 have a battery only about half the capacity of the Z30?

Pre3 was almost as thin at the Z10, great hardware, if I remember when I get home I will try to get a comparison pic.
    11-12-13 03:37 PM
    I'd take one with a Chiclet style keyboard. I really dislike the Bold keyboards...
    11-12-13 03:42 PM
    Rubbish! Noone needs that! BlackBerry needs to reduce and optimise their phone offerings not diversify even more!

Posted via CB10
    You're right I think. If BlackBerry is going to make only a few phones per year, I doubt a slider would be a good choice. Touchscreen phones on all platforms seem to be the most popular and despite of this BlackBerry took a big write down on the Z10. It would be hard to imagine a slider being able to drive up sales dramatically and if they made one they'd likely be beggars to their own demise.
    11-12-13 04:54 PM
    Make that 2 BB10 models Rogers doesn't want to carry
    11-12-13 05:11 PM
    If it looks anything like this i'll take 2
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry needs to come out with a slider phone fast-blackberry-blade-main-1-.jpg  
    11-12-13 05:36 PM
    ever since I heard about BB10 coming out, I was hoping (and so was a friend of mine) for a BB10 Torch-like device.....I like the torch layout and its really good for typing....so if the they made one, I think the Torch keyboard would be great.....Torch 10? nice name eh?
    11-12-13 05:57 PM
    Pre3 was almost as thin at the Z10, great hardware, if I remember when I get home I will try to get a comparison pic.
    The Z10 has a 1800mAh battery as compared to only 1200 in the Pre3.

And still the Pre3 was quite a bit thicker at 16mm versus just 9.

I think it will be hard to package everything people want in 2014 into a slider.

11-12-13 06:19 PM
    The Z10 has a 1800mAh battery as compared to only 1200 in the Pre3.

And still the Pre3 was quite a bit thicker at 16mm versus just 9.

I think it will be hard to package everything people want in 2014 into a slider.

Mugen was able to wedge 1400 mah in the factory form factor of the Pre3.
    11-12-13 06:42 PM
    Mugen was able to wedge 1400 mah in the factory form factor of the Pre3.
    Would you really want to run a very high density display, BB10, LTE, AND a full Android runtime with Android apps on a 1400mAh battery?
    11-12-13 06:47 PM
    I love slider form factor myself and I used Torch 9810. But I also realize that slider form factor is not popular among general population. At least the trend right now, is thinner, bigger screen, thinner, bigger screen, and so on for form factor. I love slider form because it's truly the best of both worlds in terms of screen real estate and accurate physical input with the acceptable cost of thickness for me.
    11-12-13 06:56 PM
    i want a blackberry 10 pearl, but i don't think i'll be getting that either.
    sliders are cool, but good luck convincing too many people about that.
    11-12-13 07:08 PM
83 1234