It's the only app I use. Perfect down here in South Africa.

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-17-14 11:59 PM
    I have both Blackberry Maps and sideloaded Google Maps on my Q10. One of the particularly nice features of Google Maps for Android is free offline maps, which is great while traveling. I use Blackberry Maps for navigation while driving, and it works fine, but I think Google Maps has additional features, from public transportation directions to directly showing hours of operation for local businesses, and maps of China, where I frequently travel, so it is pretty much essential for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 12:54 AM
    BlackBerry Map in Asia is practically useless....

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 01:52 AM
    These comments are great. Really hope the team at BlackBerry are reading our comments and know where to focus their support!

Posted via CBten with the Zthirty.
    11-18-14 05:23 AM
    There is NO way BlackBerry maps on OS7 was better than what we have now. Sorry but that is just not true.

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

I live in Ghana. At least OS7 had streets, some with names. There is NOTHING for blackberry maps in BB10. It's practically useless. They could at least have kept those street outlines. Don't be so quick to judge

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 02:37 PM
    I will put my opinion as quickly as I want to, just like you do.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-14 05:44 PM
    I wouldn't say terrific. Very good but it has issues and I'm here in Canada. I move jobs a lot so use diving directions constantly. I find bb maps can't re orient itself easily if I miss a turn. Most times it picks up again and finds me a new route, but it does get confused and coughs up a hairball I'd say 20% of the time.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    11-18-14 07:44 PM
    I live in Burnaby and people are always misled by Google Maps when trying to get to my home. And I have been misled by Google maps countless times here by Google in Metro Vancouver. I get fewer mistakes from BlackBerry (Tomtom), personally. I certainly wouldn't say it is better anywhere necessarily, but nothing is perfect (I understand some areas it is garbage, but for a couple of bucks, without snap, you can have Google maps?). I have several other apps that use Google Maps, but navigation by BlackBerry Maps for me here in Metro Vancouver has been accurate, not including major construction. But I'm pretty sure the signs along our new Trans Canada highway and new 10 lane Port Mann bridge and the 15 new overpasses were not directed at BlackBerry users (although Google did seem to update faster, it was always a lie if you used it, ergo the signs not to).

Rockin a Passport and Z30! Two devices are better than 1!
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-19-14 01:11 AM
    I like the way it handles turn by turn directions

However I think that they really need to add pedestrian and public transit directions for it to feel like a complete map app

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-19-14 01:16 AM
    I wouldn't say terrific. Very good but it has issues and I'm here in Canada. I move jobs a lot so use diving directions constantly. I find bb maps can't re orient itself easily if I miss a turn. Most times it picks up again and finds me a new route, but it does get confused and coughs up a hairball I'd say 20% of the time.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    If you use diving direction your system probably gets upset with all the surrounding water constantly killing your compass navigation signal. So instead simply use Driving directions and I suppose everything will be fine.

BlackBerry Z30 | 10.2.1.2977 OUTSTANDING & AMAZING
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    11-19-14 02:47 AM
    I use BBMaps on my Z10 and Google Maps on my S4.

I've found each one works great overall and that each takes turns out shinning the other depending on the exact geographical location you happen to be in.

The big plus with Google Maps on the S4 is that if you add an appointment to the calendar and enter the address then Maps will constantly monitor your location and tell you when you 1/2 hour before you have to leave to be on time. I absolutely LOVE this feature!

Z10
    mjdimer likes this.
    11-19-14 04:33 PM
    I've had excellent experience with BlackBerry Maps, as well.

Here's one example:

I was in San Diego visiting family this past week. After an evening at the beach, we were heading home. Our group was in two separate cars with me driving one of them. I had BlackBerry Maps running on my Z10. It told us to take a route that seemed out of the way and added some miles to the trip, but I knew that it was accounting for traffic congestion, so I followed it.

We arrived home 10 minutes before the other vehicle.
    Exactly, the reroute on BlackBerry Maps has been amazing for me. We took a couple of friends to the airport and BlackBerry Maps prompted that there was an accident and suggested us to take alternate route. Our friends were skeptical since they have a plane to catch. Having been saved by it so many time, I told my friend not to worry. I followed the instructions and exited the freeway and took some secondary streets and was able to make it on time. My friend were at awe.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154
    11-19-14 04:51 PM
    Is anyone experiencing a message of "off route" which pops up if you have gone a different way? Very frustrating (and illegal in Australia, as you're not meant to touch the phone at all once on the move).

Also, the other frustration I have is when entering a tunnel it just stops, giving no indication of what exit to take on the tunnel. Google maps keeps going somehow (either approximation or using cell reception built into the tunnels).

If these two things + traffic info in Australia was added in, I'd like BlackBerry Maps a lot more than what I currently do.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 08:09 PM
    I will put my opinion as quickly as I want to, just like you do.

Posted via CB10
    With all do respect he was speaking from his experiences and you were questioning his opinion...live and let live man.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 08:20 PM
    I have had good experiences using BlackBerry Maps but I do prefer BeMaps Pro because of the features and route maps/traffic maps/transit maps.

I drive for a living and I use maps daily, I may have to spend more time with BlackBerry Maps after reading the positive comments.

Location Houston, Tx, usa

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 08:24 PM
    I have had good experiences using BlackBerry Maps but I do prefer BeMaps Pro because of the features and route maps/traffic maps/transit maps.

I drive for a living and I use maps daily, I may have to spend more time with BlackBerry Maps after reading the positive comments.

Location Houston, Tx, usa

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry maps is better for turn by turn driving. Bemaps can't do that.

Posted via CB10
    12-06-14 08:30 PM
    Today I had to drive to Orlando and Google maps couldn't find the address ,bing map couldn't find the address, Waze app (very cool app) couldn't find the address .
    BlackBerry map found the address and I was on time to my appointment.

And people keep asking me why I choose blackberry...

Posted via CB10
    BB_makes_it_happen likes this.
    12-06-14 08:39 PM
    I prefer navfree as it does google searches. Bbmaps doesn't do so great with search. That and the turn by turn doesn't tell you what side of the road your destination is on and has no volume control for the voice. For those reasons it's unusable to me. The voice is crazy louder than music at a reasonable volume is.
    12-07-14 05:13 AM
    Traffic congestions and accident warning not available in the UAE.. I use waze for it..

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 05:36 AM
    I have both Blackberry Maps and sideloaded Google Maps on my Q10. One of the particularly nice features of Google Maps for Android is free offline maps, which is great while traveling. I use Blackberry Maps for navigation while driving, and it works fine, but I think Google Maps has additional features, from public transportation directions to directly showing hours of operation for local businesses, and maps of China, where I frequently travel, so it is pretty much essential for me.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Maps shows hours of operation and other information like customer ratings and phone number, too. If you select the name tag that pops up instead of tapping the arrow to start navigation, you'll be take to a menu with business info.

BlackBerry Maps is Terrific-img_20141207_070817.png

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 06:10 AM
    There are actually two "versions" of BlackBerry maps.
    In US and Canada they are pretty capable, albeit a little spartan.
    In rest of the world, they are steaming heap of crap, literally.
    I could not even make search for address point, because when you select it from list, there is a error message "couldn't connect to server". Hit on establishment in 4square, maps launch, but "nothing found" error message.
    Even if they start working, no local listing, no public transport, no traffic information will still held them behind.
    I'm 100% behind licensing Here or getting deal with Google.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 06:29 AM
    BlackBerry Maps are great for driving directions. If they will add the public transit and walking directions I will not use google maps any more. Maybe just for street view.

Visit my BBM Channel - C000E96F6
    This is exactly right. For basic point to point navigation by car, this nav app is my first choice - with concise spoken guidance. But, because it lacks public transport and anything other than automobile guidance, it can not stand alone.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 06:49 AM
    BlackBerry Maps is Terrific-img_20141207_141359.png

Made this screenshot just now in Leiden, 30 min drive from Amsterdam.

Posted via CB10
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    12-07-14 07:14 AM

Made this screenshot just now in Leiden, 30 min drive from Amsterdam.

Posted via CB10
    What happens when you search for address point like
    "Apollolaan 138, Amsterdam"
    When you click on found, is the map displayed properly?

Posted via CB10
    12-07-14 10:58 AM
    BlackBerry maps sucks:
    - don't renders details. Sometimes stays seconds to do it...even the worst Google maps copies ( which we can find in BlackBerry world can do it better...)
    - �n Romania, Holland- Amsterdam &Rotterdam, London, Australia- Sydney, Singapore, Thailand, Istambul, it is very hard to use. I've test it and for sure you can not count on it.
    - it has not pedestrian mode, which annoys me. As a tourist need it and couldn't use it.
    Google rulz, and I don't understand why BlackBerry can not make a good integration with Google Maps.

Q10 happy owner
    12-07-14 12:04 PM
65 123